5 Greatest things ever accomplished while high

Not sure if the claims are all true, bit it's an interesting list.....

"#5 Francis Crick Discovers DNA Thanks to LSD

#4 Freud and Cocaine Invent Psychoanalysis

#3 A Coke Addict Makes a Coke-Flavored Cola and Calls it Coke

#2 Dock Ellis Trips His Way to a No-Hitter

#1 Moses Takes 'Shrooms, Shits Out Ten Commandments"

Details here: http://www.cracked.com/article_16532_5-greatest-things-ever-accomplished-while-high.html

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

"#5 Francis Crick Discovers DNA Thanks to LSD

According to this article, he did experiment with LSD, so that could have contributed to his ability to "think outside of the box." But of course he didn't discover DNA on his own.

#4 Freud and Cocaine Invent Psychoanalysis

I think a lot of the stuff that Freud came up with while coked out was pretty "out there." Cocaine tends to make people think they have great ideas, but they usually turn out to be not such great ideas.

#3 A Coke Addict Makes a Coke-Flavored Cola and Calls it Coke

I'm not sure that I would call the invention of Coke as one of the "greatest things ever accomplished." :P

I have no idea who Dock Ellis is or what a No-Hitter is.

#1 Moses Takes 'Shrooms, Shits Out Ten Commandments"

I suspect that a lot of the "amazing" things that happened to inspire some of the writings in the Bible were brought on by hallucinogens of some sort.

Hiding places.

If you ever want to make sure that something stays hidden...

There will be this profound place that you can put stuff.
Put anything there and I guarantee that you will not find it again until you move out of that apartment.

In some cases, if you hide something in another object that you rarely open (like your differential equations text), you may not find it when moving either.
:D

In some cases, if you hide something in another object that you rarely open (like your differential equations text), you may not find it when moving either.

That's not you. Diff-EQ books disappear because they're making their scheduled check-ins with Satan to see how they can make life a purer hell for you.
Owned by Remi #?

That's not you. Diff-EQ books disappear because they're making their scheduled check-ins with Satan to see how they can make life a purer hell for you.

My personal hell was the teacher. He broke his name down by syllables and I still don't know what it was.
Needless to say, not being able to understand word-one was an added feature for the class.

However, I wasn't a math major at the time. I had switched to Comp Sci, so I was taking it as an elective and didn't have to worry about it too much.

Diff-EQ books disappear because they're making their scheduled check-ins with Satan to see how they can make life a purer hell for you.

I had a professor that was Polish and hard to understand, impossible writing on the chalkboard, made routine basic math errors, and did NOT issue a textbook - he just gave us photocopies of different "ideas" that he wrote up every day. Passing grades in the class - 40% of everyone that did not drop the class got a 'D' or higher - not the hardest class I ever took, but the only math class I got a 'C' in :S

On the drug front - let's not forget Lewis Carroll and "Alice in Wonderland". Oh yeah, and all that great Rock music. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally fucking high on drugs :D
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

On the drug front - let's not forget Lewis Carroll and "Alice in Wonderland".

Or most of Sherlock Holmes by AC Doyle, but to be fair, I think we have to recognize that both men took drugs that were by all accounts far less pure and in far smaller concentrations than what is normally taken today.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Also the guy who wrote Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was allegedly on a coke binge at the time.
*It is also known that he used Opium and Hashish. It is also quite possible that he was on shrooms at the time during which the book was written.
Me: I want to ride a bull out of a skyvan.
vegasjoe: How the hell are you going to land that thing?
Me: Who said anything about landed with it? I think after we'll have some Bar-B-Que.

On the drug front - let's not forget Lewis Carroll and "Alice in Wonderland".

Or most of Sherlock Holmes by AC Doyle, but to be fair, I think we have to recognize that both men took drugs that were by all accounts far less pure and in far smaller concentrations than what is normally taken today.

AND
Legal for the time. Laudanum was over the counter
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My personal hell was the teacher. He broke his name down by syllables and I still don't know what it was.
Needless to say, not being able to understand word-one was an added feature for the class.

However, I wasn't a math major at the time. I had switched to Comp Sci, so I was taking it as an elective and didn't have to worry about it too much.

On the first day of my first semester of Dif-Eq, we were all sitting in class waiting for the instructor, when this smoking hot little suntanned blonde in shorts walked in, then went up to the board and introduced herself as the instructor.:)
Then she told us a bit about herself, including the fact she had just gotten married.[:/]

In my second semester of Dif-Eq, the instructor was a dead ringer for Abe Vigoda. He had been teaching math for 30+ years and was one the the best profs I ever had.

So my memories of Dif-Eq were quite pleasant. In fact it seemed easier than the three semesters of calculus.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

:DMmm, more like:
#5 - Sleeping
#4 - Channel Surfing
#3 - Consuming the entire contents of the fridge & the pantry in #2 - Post whoring
#1 - The composition of the entire 'DOORS' Discography
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

:DMmm, more like:
#5 - Sleeping
#4 - Channel Surfing
#3 - Consuming the entire contents of the fridge & the pantry in #2 - Post whoring
#1 - The composition of the entire 'DOORS' gratefull dead Discography

fixed it :)
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Consider, as well, that Cracked.com is a humor websiteB|

Yeah, I didn't mean for my reply to sound too serious. Perhaps I should have added more :)

Though I do think it's an interesting topic - how drugs have influenced some of the creativity that has helped to shape our lives.

Hiding places.

Put anything there and I guarantee that you will not find it again until you move out of that apartment.

:D:D:D:D

You my friend are not kidding here!!! lol
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

***On the drug front - let's not forget Lewis Carroll and "Alice in Wonderland". Oh yeah, and all that great Rock music. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally fucking high on drugs :D

Nice Bill Hicks reference ;)
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

One of my favorite sports stories. :D Shotgun - a no-hitter is credited to the pitcher(s) of a baseball game that keep an opposing team from recording any base hits. In this case, Dock Ellis had been partying hard and lost track of a day. Thinking he was on an off-day, he dropped acid around noon one day. Shortly thereafter he learned that not only was his team playing that day, but he was scheduled to pitch the first game of a double-header. He got to the airport, flew to San Diego, and pitched a complete game no-hitter, albeit with a substantial number of walks due to some understandable control issues. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

On the first day of my first semester of Dif-Eq, we were all sitting in class waiting for the instructor, when this smoking hot little suntanned blonde in shorts walked in, then went up to the board and introduced herself as the instructor.:)
Then she told us a bit about herself, including the fact she had just gotten married.[:/]

In my second semester of Dif-Eq, the instructor was a dead ringer for Abe Vigoda. He had been teaching math for 30+ years and was one the the best profs I ever had.

So my memories of Dif-Eq were quite pleasant. In fact it seemed easier than the three semesters of calculus.

Diff-Eq wasn't that bad, I don't think. They all kinda blur together after a while, and it's been a few years since I took them.
The only thing that made the advanced stuff more tolerable was the professor we had that worked with us and became my thesis advisor.
I had the same guy for Abstract algebra, discrete, topology, and something else.....needless to say I was a bit of a math geek.

Of it all though, the greatest hell I ever faced was freshman logic. The prof was this crazy skinny white guy that rumor has it, hated freshmen because one had once banged his wife. Pure evil. However, I also learned there the skills I needed to make it in the advanced proofs courses later in school.

So in a sick way I guess I should thank that demon.

B|

Hiding places.

:D:D:D:D

You my friend are not kidding here!!! lol

Unless some one else finds it - then it wasn't so great after all -

Easy Does It

Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner.

Coleridge was known to use opium to relieve his physical pain, but the addiction caused his physical decline.

While the opium contributed to his imagination, it also sapped his physical strength and his will to complete many of the works that he began. So, it destroyed more than it created.