cocheese

AFF student needs a push

This person has a dozen or so jumps and goes to the dz often. This person has 3 AFF jump tickets in pocket. This person always talks about wanting to jump but hasn't jumped in about a year.

What adive can you give this person that reads this forum often.

Lure them to the aircraft by saying chicks show boobies on the way to altitude? Then yell "Door!" and push them out. ;)
Always be kinder than you feel.

I would say go to a wind tunnel and get comfortable with flying. I would say also schedule some time with an instructor for a good FJC review. After those two things make an assessment of comfort level.

If the comfort level still isn't there then turn in the tickets for a refund and take up another sport. This sport can kill you or hurt you in a hurry especially if there is any doubt regarding your ability to perform.

Good luck Mr/Ms AFF student
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

let that person do it in their own time when they are good and ready, especially if said person is having a hard time in other areas.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Can this person afford to continue once these AFF levels are done? If not, I say wait till you can stay current. Nothing like having to repeat AFF levels if you can't stay current for whatever the reason. In the world of skydiving you do have to look at the big picture of responsibility - health insurance, money & time. :)

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's not very "feel good".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skydiving isn't for everyone.

Y'know, people die golfing too.

Ding ding ding...we have a winner.

I have seen students who were "talked into, persuded, and meally mouthed into jump after jump and they never became comfortable jumping. (Don't even start the conversation about comfortable.:|) The point is, it is not for everyone. Let those who enjoy skydiving enjoy and those who should take up golf or bowling do it without trying to humilate them. That is not what the sport is about.:)
So this three guys golfer, a bowler and a skydiver walk into a bar...:D

That's not very "feel good".

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

I'm gonna' go out on a limb here and guess you have never met skybytch huh?:D:D
She tends to tell it like it is.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Give him/her a base rig and tell him/her to go have some fun.....haha j/k.... Ask this person why they like to skydive and that should get them excited enough to jump. If that doesn't get this person wanting to jump have him/her learn to pack and just become a parachute packer on the weekends....

This person has a dozen or so jumps and goes to the dz often. This person has 3 AFF jump tickets in pocket. This person always talks about wanting to jump but hasn't jumped in about a year.

My advice: Give me your jump tickets.

Life is too short to wait for the perfect time to do everything. Those jumps will refresh, inspire, and motivate.

You know, I've had several chances over the last year or two to get back up in the air for just one jump. The thing is, I'll want to do lots more jumps, and at the time, I didn't have the money, and that one jump would just make it a whole lot worse. Now, I've gotten a raise at work, I've got my cypres, and I just need to get it in my rig and arrange for my recurrency jump.

They get a cool sticker if they screw up a Dive, what other motivation do you need, HELLFISH!
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

Advice isn't for the person but for YOU to stop pressuring people to conform to your agenda. Wouldn't you feel like shit if you pressure the person to jump before they are ready and they get injured? Think about it.

Injuries.jpg leasson learned:
Don't be swinging a bat trying to hit a basketball while riding your bike.

Cocheese: Me, I'd leave them alone about it. I'd not push anyone into jumping. They'll do it or not according to their own desire.

I would tell them to cash in the tickets if/when they can before it becomes an issue with the DZO. They could re-buy later if they do jump.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239