BillyVance

Hurricane Ike

Also wingsuit tether pole almost ready for some sweet flights

Is anyone else thinking "Horizontal Pinata"?

You try swinging the stick in 130 mph winds. Harder than it looks. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Also wingsuit tether pole almost ready for some sweet flights

Is anyone else thinking "Horizontal Pinata"?

You try swinging the stick in 130 mph winds. Harder than it looks. :D

There's aways wingsuit trap shooting! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

That sucker's landing right at the LA/TX border.

Looks like I WON'T be flying to NOLA Saturday.

Well then, DRIVE... unless you're skeered. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

2300 Eastern update has it making a pretty big jump. Corpus, supposed to be dead center yesterday is now out of the cone.

If it keeps going like this, the Florida panhandle better be watching out!

Attached from www.stormpulse.com

Yep, our management at NASA stated today, "You can leave tomorrow but you will need to take vacation." What a krock o shit................>:(

2300 Eastern update has it making a pretty big jump. Corpus, supposed to be dead center yesterday is now out of the cone.

Yep, our management at NASA stated today, "You can leave tomorrow but you will need to take vacation." What a krock o shit................>:(

I've actually been very impressed with my company (The Nature Conservancy). We were told on Monday that we had an admin day off on Friday. Yesterday they added Thursday and this morning they said if necessary for prep we were on admin leave immediately and through the end of the day on Monday. Of course it's on the honor system whether you really need it and we are expected to have our shops/equipment, etc. all ready also. Spent today ferrying fire trucks 3 hours up to Austin and now it probably won't be necessary!
Killing threads since 2004.

I've actually been very impressed with my company (The Nature Conservancy). We were told on Monday that we had an admin day off on Friday. Yesterday they added Thursday and this morning they said if necessary for prep we were on admin leave immediately and through the end of the day on Monday. Of course it's on the honor system whether you really need it and we are expected to have our shops/equipment, etc. all ready also. Spent today ferrying fire trucks 3 hours up to Austin and now it probably won't be necessary!

Ya'll have any job openings!:)

I just received 1/2 a dozen phone calls from people in Georgia, Florida and New York about the weather channel reporting that my county is under a mandatory evacuation. Hmmmmpfff...only it's not. There has been a voluntary evac for the last two days and they are repeatedly confirming the voluntary status via the press. Wonder how many folks around here only watching the weather channel and not local news is freaking out a little more now. :S

I just have memories of Lake Wales and what happened to them. I just don't want to see that happen to such a cool DZ like Spaceland. Especially since Collegiates are to be hosted in a few months.

I went to Collegiates at Lake Wales a bit after their structure was destroyed by a hurricane (and their Otter was heavily damaged). It was all in portable buildings and pretty much sucked in terms of what the DZ had. Although they did try with everything they had and did a good job with what they had.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I hear ya. My post wasn't really a response to you, just replied to the last one. I know a bunch of people that have evac plans if they make it manadatory, but otherwise were going to shelter in place. Just wondering how many of them only watching the weather channel are getting bad info.

It's good to see the equipment get out of there. If the storm keeps moving it will probably make having moved our trucks up to Austin unnecessary, but I'd rather be safe than sorry w/ $100k vehicles. I can't imagine being responsible for aircraft!

They closed hwy 98 today due to water washing over the road. 15-20 ft swells.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Where at? FL, AL, LA, TX? Specifically?

My mom just told me about the road closure this morning and the huge swells they're getting down there. My grandmother is stuck on Dauphin Island because the roads are flooded over.