BillyVance

Hurricane Ike

Yeah, I canceled my flight to FL today-I think I'm driving over to Bama next week instead. I need to get to B'ham, anyway

Come on by if you have time, or are you going to flake on me again. :P

Maybe you should ask the Farm peeps about Labor Day.:D

In-laws made a surprise visit. What was I supposed to do? Go and have fun, then come back home and sleep on the couch (no doghouse)?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well, the path of Ike has gone slightly further south than predicted earlier. It should be slamming into northeastern Cuba right about now. Then traverse nearly the entire length of the island and weaken to a minimal hurricane by the time it reaches the Gulf of Mexico. The track puts it on a direct path to Galveston and Houston and come ashore as a Category 2 or 3. Keep an eye on this, Texans.

http://www.stormpulse.com/hurricane-ike-2008
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well, the path of Ike has gone slightly further south than predicted earlier. It should be slamming into northeastern Cuba right about now. Then traverse nearly the entire length of the island and weaken to a minimal hurricane by the time it reaches the Gulf of Mexico. The track puts it on a direct path to Galveston and Houston and come ashore as a Category 2 or 3. Keep an eye on this, Texans.

http://www.stormpulse.com/hurricane-ike-2008

Awesome . . . who's up for a hurricane part at my house?:D:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Let me know when, I'll bring the alligator chili, and the frog muffins!:D:D:D

Seriously though, I've already gone and refilled my propane, and bought 2 extra 5 gallon gas cans.
Already previously prepared for Gustav, that never came close.

Doug.

I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

Let me know when, I'll bring the alligator chili, and the frog muffins!:D:D:D

Seriously though, I've already gone and refilled my propane, and bought 2 extra 5 gallon gas cans.
Already previously prepared for Gustav, that never came close.

Doug.

Looks like Friday/Saturday.

I'll let you know more as the time gets closer.B|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Two weeks ago, a buddy & I took a young couple on tandems to celebrate their first anniversary. Their names were Andrew and Katrina. I told them they probably shouldn't move to the Gulf area. :|

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I keep wondering if we will ever see another one like Camille in 1969.

I grew up in Baton Rouge, and I will never forget that time. I can remember all the adults being very concerned, and constantly listening to the radio. When Camille finally juked north into Biloxi, there was alot of immediate relief around me. My Dad drove us through Biloxi shortly after it was hit. Nothing but tooth picks left. Absolutely staggering.
We are all engines of karma

My father did the same thing. I have never seen anything like it. Not before, not since. :|

I read a book about Camille. Motherfucker lifted a huge tanker and deposited it north of the highway. IIRC, it took a team of welders to cut it apart piece by piece because it was so damn big there was no way they could get it back in the water in one piece.

Camille's storm surge was 24 feet at the highest. Kind of amazing when you compare that to Katrina's, which was 27 feet. But Katrina came ashore as a Category 3. Camille slammed Biloxi with as strong as 175 to 180 mph winds and gusts to 200 mph. Katrina was a Category 3 storm with Category 5 damage.

We've had storms skirt either side of us this summer. I kind of feel like I have a hurricane magnet in my ass. I think Ike is just waiting for me to bend over. Might sound odd, but after evacuating from the coast in Florida as many times as I did in 2004/5 I'm almost going through withdrawal with lack of activity here!
Killing threads since 2004.

2nd that, or check on your homeowners policy.
The storm has taken a more Northern forecast now, which puts Spaceland right in its sights!:S

Rabbit, fly away now! At least save Mike Fox, screw BA (mumbles about slow altitude times);)

The latest stormpulse even show a possible Cat4! :o

I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

Awesome . . . who's up for a hurricane part at my house?

Hey Turtle...get some of yer guys up here to my place, I'm pulling out nails and sawin' 1/2 through support beams...far as I'm concerned Ike can drop this bitch into a pile and I'll move back to the left coast where yer only worry is the ground opening up and swallowing ya! ;):ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Rabbit, fly away now! At least save Mike Fox, screw BA (mumbles about slow altitude times);)

You mean screw Mike Fox, Save BA. The windows are being boarded up as I type. Getting the trailer ready to move into the Hanger, Maybe, if Steve's nice;). I think all of the plane's will leave tomorrow. Hope this passes quick.

You mean screw Mike Fox, Save BA. The windows are being boarded up as I type. Getting the trailer ready to move into the Hanger, Maybe, if Steve's nice;). I think all of the plane's will leave tomorrow. Hope this passes quick.

So I'm guessin' puttin' a few on the new canopy that came UPS an hour ago is outta the question huh?

Maybe I can get Dennis to take me up in the 172! ;)

Hope you can spot.:P

Exit over Rosharon and ALMOST land in my backyard in Kingwood, [B] then almost land in Austin, and almost land in Waco and almost land in Dallas then we'll find you washed up in the swamps of Louisiana! B|

Fixed it for ya.:)

Hope you can spot.:P

Exit over Rosharon and ALMOST land in my backyard in Kingwood, [B] then almost land in Austin, and almost land in Waco and almost land in Dallas then we'll find you washed up in the swamps of Louisiana! B|

Fixed it for ya.:)

Become a skydiver & see the world! :ph34r:

>>I'll move back to the left coast where yer only worry is the ground opening up and swallowing ya! ;):D
Yeah, come on back to California. It hasn't even rained in six months here, nothing but blue skies. And you don't really have to worry about earthquakes. We just had a 6.1 here in a LA about a month ago, and I lived in California long enough to know how few and far betwe

A little update.
Planes will be gone by 10 and trailers must be ready to move to hanger by 10am. Mandatory Evact. for Bazoria Cnty 8am.
What does this mean for us....
PARTY!!!
Also wingsuit tether pole almost ready for some sweet flights.;) We will be loading the beer fridge tomorrow morning. Got to have some supplies.
And as for living in Cali and having sunny skies during earthquakes, you forgot about the worst part.... All the Californians.