Andy_Copland

Favourite Whuffo Reaction

Him - How many jumps you got

Me - About 70

Him - Wow so you're pretty old hand at it then?

Me - Fucking Pro mate, not many make it this long you know? Some look at me like a Hero and some are just down right jealous. Its a shame really because i love the sport but with this many jumps you tend to alienate yourself from the average jumpers :|

:ph34r:

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Hmm, havent had that happen yet.
usually once they hear I jump they all want to have sex with me.

yes, all.:S

I do not!

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Someone said that to me when I had like... 8 jumps or something. I was still going through freakin' AFF so I thought that was pretty hilarious... I still find it hilarious when they say it now.. I'll probably still find it funny with 1000 jumps... I'm sure I'll still feel like a newbie then.

True stories:

Whuffo: "How many jumps ya got?"
Me: "2000"
Whuffo: "How many of them are simulated?"
Me: "All of 'em?????"

Jumpmaster (grilling student on the ride to altitude): "What do you do if you get a bi-plane?"
Student: "Get out on the lower wing."

>>Favourite Whuffo Reaction
I've told this one before, but . . .

A father at the DZ for the first time watching his son dirt diving a RW formation.

Father - "Sheesh, it's not enough they jump out of the plane, then they gotta do tricks too . . . !"

NickD :)

This is not personally directed at you Andy, but a blanket statement. Fitting shoes and all that.:P

To the average whuffo the idea of skydiving is so.. alien, that they cannot imagine someone doing it ten times - let alone 2000.
Making fun of whuffos does nothing for our sport, nor does it reflect well on yourself. Maybe, just maybe people are just trying to express an interest in something they have hardly ever heard about, but are doing the best they can to uphold their end of the conversation.

As to the idiots, the wannabees and the pretenders, laugh and bash ahead.

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

This happened last thursday:

After work, I took my laptop to the gym where my best friend works to show him some footage of one of my jumps (3rd freefall). He's an MMA fighter, and he'd been asking to see me jump for awhile. While we're watching it, one of his trainers comes in, a big muscular dude who you can tell could just rip you to pieces. He gets one look at the video and says, "You guys are fuckin' crazy, jumpin' outta airplanes. You're fuckin' nuts!"

What I find funny about this is that both of these guys fight with ZERO health insurance, and one of them is married with a 1-year-old baby.

There is no way in hell my wife would ever condone me getting into a cage match, even though I have training, AND we have great insurance. She has no problem with me jumping, however.
T.I.N.S.

She has no problem with me jumping, however.

While the ground will always be there to let you know if you screw up-It's not likely to chase you down to whip your ass like a cage fighter will.

Admit it, the women in our lives are much smarter than we are:)
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Old thread revived! Fuck yea. Fucking homo's :P

Skyrads been diggin on you for ages Andy, he's obviously trying to find all your posts to better understand the wonder that is you:):D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My boss during a work meeting when adressing the need for better communication within the department:

"The only [thing] I like coming out of the blue is Dennis."
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Skyrads been diggin on you for ages Andy, he's obviously trying to find all your posts to better understand the wonder that is you:):D:D:D:D

Will shag for beer and jump tickets, Whats to understand?:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Will shag for beer and jump tickets, Whats to understand?:D

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Today was my first day at the new job. As I sat doing paperwork, I could hear another employee having a loud conversation about skydiving with one of the residents of the nursing home.

"Yeah, if I were going to skydive, I'd do it over the ocean. It's a lot safer; that way, you can't get hurt landing. There's this really cool movie called "Point Break"....." he continued on, describing the cool things Patrick Swayze and the others did in the air.

It's been a really long time since I've seen Point Break, but I think I'll have to watch it again sometime soon. The first time I saw it, I was a teenager and I was just enjoying the eye candy! I'd never entertained the thought of jumping out of an airplane myself. :)

whuffo: So, how much do you pay for a skydive then? Hmm.. so that's 24 euros plus 12 euros gear rental until you have your own?
Having sex is a lot cheaper (hur hur hur) that amount of dough will almost buy me a cheap hooker!
me: With skydiving the orgasm lasts a minute.. :)
~mom