peanutgallery

USPS lost package!

Here's the story:
I never updated my address on paypal and my canopy was shipped to a very old address (totally my fault, i know). The good news is that I caught it at the post office in the old town. I spoke with the post master and he had the package in his hands and forwarded it to me at my new address. That was last monday and it's only a few towns away. I've talked with the postmaster in both the old and new towns and nobody can tell me where the hell it is! I have a tracking number but it is still saying "forwarded" since monday, it has not been updated. They all agree that it is taking way too long. One offered to email some of the carriers in the area to see if they can look around for it.
My question is, has anyone had an experience like this? Do you think it will turn up eventually or is it lost?? This sucks!!
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke

Hard to say..... I had one once that said the post office had it and was being delivered, it was delived 3 weeks later (post office is 6 blocks away) and the tracking was never updated even after it was delivered it showed out for delivery. Hope you get it!
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

My question is, has anyone had an experience like this? Do you think it will turn up eventually or is it lost?? This sucks!!

I sold some video projector parts to some one in a foreign country and the shipment got lost after it left the country. It took something like 30 days before they'd consider it "missing" and about a month to get an insurance settlement.

Hopefully you insured the package for what you paid.

this is not possible, they never lose anything, just ask 'em

Hmmmm.... I've heard my ex-bank (Bank of America) state that maybe my payment "got lost in the mail".... to which I replied, "You mean the same mail system that brings the bill on-time, every month?"
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Kinda off subject, but I took a tour of the FedEx facilities in Memphis. While I was there, we were watching packages going down one conveyor, and robotic arms were pushing packages down chutes - different chutes for different hub destinations.

We were watching for only a few seconds, when one of the packages got deflected off another package, then flipped up and behind the robotic arm, which then proceeded to crush it, after which, it dropped into the gears of the conveyor belt, and got pretty much shredded into oblivion.

I pointed out the package, thinking they might shut down and retrieve it, or at least clear the machinery, but the tour operator calmly replied, "yep, that happens sometimes." Then, we continued with the tour.

Moral of the story - for important stuff, pay extra for the insurance.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

You're very young, aren't you.
You're just now learning about the reliability of the U.S. post office?

If it's not a statement of monies owed, it gets lost regularly. There's a Law of some sort about that, I'm sure.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I sent 2 large packages for christmas last year from MI to CA. Nobody lived at the address anymore so it was to be "returned to sender." The packages were never sent back to me. The tracking info said they were still in California, but the post office there said they were sent back. I went to the my post office but they didn't have em...after a month, I checked back at my post office and only one package had arrived, nobody knows what happened to the other....

EDIT

They didn't give a shit either.....
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

this is not possible, they never lose anything, just ask 'em

Hmmmm.... I've heard my ex-bank (Bank of America) state that maybe my payment "got lost in the mail".... to which I replied, "You mean the same mail system that brings the bill on-time, every month?"

scenerio: bill mailed from Columbia SC addressed to Charleston SC, addressee name started with a W

letter was sent to Tennessee to a company with a name starting with S, different city name, different zip, same street address

so no need to worry, your package may not come to you but it went somewhere
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

hate to say it...but i had a christmas gift get "lost" a few years ago...again tracking said it had arrived to my towns post office....i talk to them numerous times, they looked onto their system showing that t hey had recieved it, but not yet delivered it....that package was never seen.....luckey for me the company sent me another shipment...but wasnt something as expensive as a parachute...
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

This summer USPS "lost" my Cypress that was coming back from it's 8 year. Well, tracking said it got to the post office at the destination but never delivered. I went there three times, the first time fairly friendly and they told me they weren't sure where it was but it would show up soon. Well a week later I got kinda pissey and yelled at one of the clerks and had him search the outgoing mail which didn't yield any results. Came back the next day (when the supervisor was there) and after about half an hour of complaining and yelling at him (who was refusing to search the whole freaking post office) and me refusing to leave without my Cypress, he started searching. Took him about 30 min to take apart the whole office and surprise, surprise he ended up finding it in some weird stack of packages but the best thing was, when he handed it to me he proudly goes: "See, we never loose stuff"...

Yeah, this is what I'm hoping is going to happen. It's a big box and not easily overseen. Like I said the post master is going to sent out emails tothe carriers. The earlier post about packages getting shredded on the belt.....well,.....ugh. This is such a horrible feeling.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke

I used to order rings for my necklaces through a company in Canada. They shipped about 200 metal rings in a PLASTIC BAG. Yeah- it broke and I got the rings about a month or so later than I should have. I should have known that I should never order from them again, but the next time I ordered from them, the package was lost all together. I contacted the company and it took them a long time to send and ship the rings. When I got them, they shorted me on my order. They never answered my calls or emails. To this day my order has not been righted. I order my rings from a different company now and I haven't had any problems at all. ARGH!!!!
http://3ringnecklace.com/

That sucks! Normally USPS will get it there eventually. Maybe.
I bought a Neptune digital altimeter from Ebay (a guy from DZcom too) that was and still IS lost.
That cost me some extra cash.

I cannot stand USPS!
I will not ship anything of value using them.
I will pay extra shipping charges for UPS or FedEx for any purchases made from Ebay etc. beyond whatever USPS charges.

If however, the seller will not ship UPS of FedEx instead, I move along to the next person.

I won't get burned by USPS again for that type of stuff.
God forbid a >1K parachute!

Doug.
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill