Stuntbabex

Would you be upset?

If you understand your gear thoroughly, then it won't bother you as much if someone picks it up and moves it incidentally. Because you can check it over, and say to yourself "man why did I leave this here."

Learn your gear, people. Demystify it, and it won't be a sacred thing that you screech when people get close to it.

And yeah, if you're going to leave it mysterious, for pete's sake get a gear bag to hide all the scary stuff.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If you understand your gear thoroughly, then it won't bother you as much if someone picks it up and moves it incidentally. Because you can check it over, and say to yourself "man why did I leave this here."
Wendy W.

That there is what it should be about.

Why get pissed at someone else for you leaving your stuff out, and apparently in her way.
Also I probably would not be living with someone I didnt trust, let alone leaving your stuff out it you dont trust them.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Learn your gear, people. Demystify it, and it won't be a sacred thing that you screech when people get close to it.

Ding ding ding... winner!

Sure these parachutes save our lives, but they are pretty durable, and their mechanics are very straight forward.

I don't want some one inspecting or exploring my gear when I am not there, but I am not overly concerned about some one moving it because I know how durable it is, I know its failure modes, and I know how it works well enough to give it a full inspection and can insure that it is in proper working order! :ph34r:
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

A world championship skydiver in the area used to throw his canopy on the ground and let his 5 kids play in it.

We actually used to pack ..... OMG! ON THE GROUND!;) In the mowed weed stubs and dirt and everything.

And I've seen lots of drunk skydivers curl up in the mains to keep warm as they passes out.

Best one? A guy that used his packed racer as a ramp to jump the campfire with his bicycle! (Even I wouldn't do that)

Your stuff was out, needed to cleaned, moved it, cleaned, moved it back. Sounds okay to me. Pack it up and inspect it in the air.;)

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

If i had a roommate that left stuff out in the apt i'd be upset. Unless you specifically asked her to please not touch your gear, it's not her fault she chose to move it so she could vacuum. At least you have a roommate that cleans up.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Exactly. When you decide to be a 'badass skydiver' and leave your shit all over the house as a demonstration of your awesomeness, you should recognize that other people are going to come into contact with it from time to time. ;)

Learn to check your gear, and, more specifically, be responsible for your gear.

Maybe you should do something nice for your roomie, instead of nagging on dz.com. :P

.jim

"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

Would be a bit upset. My roomies in college knew not to f*ck with my skydiving binness. I showed em certain vital points and how the canopy itself is pretty sensative to sunlight, spills, etc.

Being a lot bigger than them helped the intimidation factor.:D

So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

I don't even let my Mrs pick my rig up. Its not a arse hole thing, its a "i dont want you touching life saving equipment" thing.

Spot on. I dont know how you guys got on the tangent of me not knowing my equipment well enough. I know my gear inside and out, fyi. Call me obsessive compulsive or anal retentive but I agree with Andy. I just dont want someone who doesnt know shit about parachutes touching mine when I cant watch. It freaks me out for some reason. Even though I know she probably didnt damage it or anything. Its just the fact of the matter that bothers me.

Like I said, Id be just as pissed if she were to drag my flatscreen tv across the carpet or anything else without telling me. Its just rude.

I don't even let my Mrs pick my rig up. Its not a arse hole thing, its a "i dont want you touching life saving equipment" thing.

Seriously? You don't let your wife touch your rig? Yikes... that's a bit much don't you think? I mean, really, what could she do to it? It's not like she's going to take a carving knife down the side of it or something. Sheesh.

For the record, i agree with andy also, and my missus even jumps:D:D

Call me obsessive compulsive or anal retentive but I agree with Andy. I just dont want someone who doesnt know shit about parachutes touching mine when I cant watch.

I think most people are digging at you for this part yet you leave your rig out and unpacked, how anal/obsessive compulsive could you possible be about "lifesaving equipment" if you leave the shit laying around???????:S

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I'm thinking more of my BASE rig which im super anal about and when i get home i dont have time to pack at 2am so i leave it in the room laid out.

I also came home one time to my skydiving rig to find the silver handle pulled by my lovely mum trying to move it. My fault there leaving it in the hallway.

But seriously, its expensive and delicate equipment. I'd rather not have someone touch it. I always try to make sure i put it away when i can.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

You left your Rig (Unpacked even) in a Common area?? That sounds pretty rude to me.

Put you stuff away or dont get upset when someone moves it because it is in thier way.

Rigs are not all that fragile but they should not be left out in areas where others are around (Especially if they are unpacked). That is just asking for trouble. Someone could trip over a line, Drop and/or spill something on the fabric, All kinds of potential problems. Put your shit away and you have nothing to worry about.

She's cleaning house for you, and she took the time to protect your gear from the dangers of the vacuum cleaner. I don't see what there is to bitch about. She did you a favor.

The only reason to be upset with her would be if she was a slob and you always had to do all the cleaning yourself. Or if she didn't bother to protect your gear, and sucked a bunch of lines and canopy nylon up inside the vacuum, damaging them.

Thank her for cleaning house, and for taking care of your gear in the process. Then give her a brief lesson on the proper way to pick up and move a parachute rig.

I'm thinking more of my BASE rig which im super anal about and when i get home i dont have time to pack at 2am so i leave it in the room laid out.

I also came home one time to my skydiving rig to find the silver handle pulled by my lovely mum trying to move it. My fault there leaving it in the hallway.

But seriously, its expensive and delicate equipment. I'd rather not have someone touch it. I always try to make sure i put it away when i can.

I can understand that, but have you talked to your wife (or whoever is touching your gear) about the ways to properly handle the gear?

For the record, i agree with andy also, and my missus even jumps

My s/o can mess with my gear anytime he'd like. Heck, I even let him pack it for me (I know, I'm too nice... ;))

If I didn't want someone I share living quarters with touching my shit, I wouldn't leave it sitting out in a common area.

Some of you seem to be waaaaay too attached to your gear... when really it's just stuff. It's not like it's not fixable or replaceable if someone did accidentally damage it.:S

You guys are getting off topic here....... Lets get back to the nekkid pics of her and the roomate!! :P:P

And I'd be glad she moved it rather than sucking it up the vac.

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

For the record, i agree with andy also, and my missus even jumps:D:D

Call me obsessive compulsive or anal retentive but I agree with Andy. I just dont want someone who doesnt know shit about parachutes touching mine when I cant watch.

I think most people are digging at you for this part yet you leave your rig out and unpacked, how anal/obsessive compulsive could you possible be about "lifesaving equipment" if you leave the shit laying around???????:S

ROFL!! Touche, touche. :)
Oh and btw I just found out that she didnt move it to vacuum. She never vacuumed at all. She just didnt like it being there so she dragged it to my room. And then dragged it back for some weird reason. :|