jtnesbitt

How to get your Adrenaline Fix in the winter

I have a question for those of you who have to suffer through cold winters with freezing temperature, rain, sleet, snow, high winds, and lots of clouds. (Gotta love Ohio.)

What do you do to get your adrenaline fix in the winter? Last winter I traveled a lot and got to jump in warm places so it didnt really effect me but this year I am starting to freak out already. We've all been at the DZ on a rainy or cloudy day and know what happens when we get bored and don't jump, it can be a very dangerous situation.

So, besides traveling to jump, what do you do to get your fix when jumping isn't feasible?
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

I've got a 168cm snow board hanging in the garage I get out :)

The only way that would be fun on the hills of Ohio is if I was also wearing a harness and canopy;)
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Bang like hell on some neighbours door and then run for it before they discover who it was ;)

Fun and adrenaline stimulating :D

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Steal the all the neighbors Christmas lights

I'll do you one better, unscrew one bulb or pull one out slightly (if it's the kind of line where one unconnected bulb causes the whole line to go unlit) and laugh when the neighbor goes out to physically check each bulb on the line. Drives them insane. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Steal the all the neighbors Christmas lights

I'll do you one better, unscrew one bulb or pull one out slightly (if it's the kind of line where one unconnected bulb causes the whole line to go unlit) and laugh when the neighbor goes out to physically check each bulb on the line. Drives them insane. :D:D:D

..ahh But the fun lasts so much longer if you unscrew 2 :ph34r:
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

I have a question for those of you who have to suffer through cold winters with freezing temperature, rain, sleet, snow, high winds, and lots of clouds. (Gotta love Ohio.)

What do you do to get your adrenaline fix in the winter?

I open the bills I've been ignoring all summer.
Owned by Remi #?

Bang like hell on some neighbours door WIFE and then run for it before they discover who it was ;)

Fun and adrenaline stimulating :D

Fix it for ya
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I have a question for those of you who have to suffer through cold winters with freezing temperature, rain, sleet, snow, high winds, and lots of clouds.

I skydive, but then again that's just me.

And you don't "suffer through cold winters with freezing temperature, rain, sleet, snow, high winds, and lots of clouds."

Carry on. :S
Owned by Remi #?

And you don't "suffer through cold winters with freezing temperature, rain, sleet, snow, high winds, and lots of clouds."

Actually we do, but its not to the extreme some people experience. Snow is rare, but it does happen. Freezing temperatures are common as is rain, lots of clouds, high winds and sleet. We just end up making less jumps, drinking more beer at the DZ and completing more hop-n-pops. Its all about wanting to skydive.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Actually we do, but its not to the extreme some people experience. Snow is rare, but it does happen. Freezing temperatures are common as is rain, lots of clouds, high winds and sleet. We just end up making less jumps, drinking more beer at the DZ and completing more hop-n-pops. Its all about wanting to skydive.:)

AND

not bitching about the weather and temps;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Become one of the Frozen Chosen.
There was a group of nine that went to Skydive Dallas in January this past year. It WAS supposed to be nice but never got above 35 on the ground and they kept telling us the wind chiil was -31 at 13.5K. At any rate if it hadn't been for the KS Coalition everybody working at the dz could have gone home. However, they kept the Caravan going with just 5-6 on board(just one more reason to jump at Skydive Dallas). We got named the Frozen Chosen after.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.