bbarnhouse

Congratulations Grannyinthesky!

Granny made her 200th skydive today from the balloon!

She is out here kickin' it up (and pouring it down too)

Let's see. 15 jumps including a hot air balloon jump for my 200th, a jump from the DC3 and one from the Beech 18 (can you say cozy?), a high altitude jump (20,000 ft) and the sunset cross country canopy flock. I do have to make another trip there for sure since I didn't get a chance to jump the Porter. Oh, and I did my water training so I can get my B license. Oh, it may have been the desert, but the heater in the pool was broken and, well, it took me hours to thaw out. That water was frigid. The way they do it there, I had to jump in twice. The second time was definitely worse cause I knew what was coming. I did pay my respects to the beer wagon regularly. I met lots of people and did some great jumps. I only landed in the desert a couple of times.
:D:D All in all, it was a great place to do my 200th jump and both wrap up 2008 and start 2009. What a year it has been! i got to figuring it up nad I've jumped at 12 dropzones in 10 states during that time. I don't think I can repeat that this year. I want to go back to everyplace I went this year.

Thanks everyoone for all the encouragement I've gotten here on dz.com and at the dropzones. About the only regret I have is that I couldn't go to more places. Work keeps getting in the way. I am going to try to get to some new places this year. Skydive Mesquite in Nevada is next. Wny other suggestions?
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

It was a hoot having granny here and her excitement is nothing short of contagious!
Thanks Granny for coming out and moreover for spending some of your time chatting with me.
You're the bomb baby!B|
Wishing you many wonderful adventures and hope to see you back out this way soon!

B2

What terrific news! I'm so happy for you! Your whole world has changed markedly in the last year or so in which you started jumping, I'll bet. (How long has it really been?)

Of my 212 jumps, 203 of them have been since the first of May. November through April last year was a little slow. THis year at least I can get away from this icky weather. B|

POPS #10490

It was great meeting and talking with you over dinner at the Bent prop. You had a very full day that day as well as overall experience. Keep it up and hope to see you again soon.:)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Wny other suggestions?

LODI!!!!! you owe me a visit after blowing off the American Boogie!!:P:P

Grats on 200 I expect to be on your 400th at LP:)
I told you you'd love Eloy, great folks, great planes, loads of fun!!

(just don't eat the chicken strips at the bent prop)B|:)
John Fosgate
"In the end, its always best to choose the hard right over the easy wrong." LouDiamond
MB 4310
www.N3Racing.com

LODI!!!!! you owe me a visit after blowing off the American Boogie!!

Grats on 200 I expect to be on your 400th at LP

I told you you'd love Eloy, great folks, great planes, loads of fun!!

(just don't eat the chicken strips at the bent prop)

I'll be heading for your area on my spring break in March. My brother wasn't any happier with me for not making it that you were. lol I will be there the lasat week of March.

I don't think I can get to 400 by Prairie but I'll give it a try. :)
Why no chicken strips or do I really want to know??

POPS #10490