SimpleJack

Women aren't attracted to Men

Just found this interesting assessment on craigslist, although I did not type it, I wish I had. What do you think?

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/pit/453035602.html

Women are not actually attracted to men. There is a vague idea of what a man is physically, and some are better than others aesthetically speaking, but the purely physical appearance of a man is almost inconsequential unless he is horribly ugly or outrageously attractive.

Women are attracted to status, money, how much a man smiles and laughs, how many friends and resources a man has, how full a man's life is--how many "cool," "exciting" and prestigious things he is doing or connected to.

They are interested in how other people view him--how many people want to be around him, how other people interact with him and whether their interactions convey that he is special and amazing. They want him to be extremely outgoing and aggressive, they want him to demonstrate his status over other people by dominating them in various non-violent ways.

A woman's attraction to a man is a function of her jealousy at the thought of another woman having that man. She doesn't care who he actually is or EXACTLY what he looks like physically, she only cares about the VALUE of the life he has constructed around himself.

A woman basically is a greedy materialistic prostitute. Although that sounds vulgar, it's true. She trades her physical self to buy into the success a man has created for himself.

As a man, I fall in love with how a woman is physically. I fall in love with simple parts of a woman. Like the way her hair falls around her face, the line of her neck, her shoulders. They way her ears might peek from her hair. Her eyelashes. The size and shape of her hands, her fingernails. The way she walks, the way she looks when she is tired or annoyed, the sound she makes when she sneezes, coughs, or cries. The way she sits in a chair. The way she breathes while experiencing different emotions. The way her lips move. A million little things.

Sure, a huge part of my attraction is mental, but the powerful seed of love that builds within me and crystallizes is based greatly on visual things that set off torrents of emotion and need.

It seems to me that women almost cannot think for themselves. Their estimates of worth are based on other peoples' estimates of worth. They don't really find an object beautiful on their own. The object becomes beautiful when other people let her know that it is beautiful.

I'm completely unable to reconcile the differences between men and women. It seems like success with women is equal to spending half of your life working to create a giant illusion, something vastly tiring and annoying, while sacrificing your own true self and your own interests. We construct our lives around nest-building. We're like male birds building nests and showing them off to attract mates. It's pathetic. Everything we do is to get women. It is a fucking shit deal.

Just found this interesting assessment on craigslist, although I did not type it, I wish I had. What do you think?

blar blar blar As a man, I yadda yadda yadda

As soon as I read the very first line of this article I just knew it could only be written by a man.
It's a textbook example of articles trying to summarise the psychology of the opposite sex - the author hasn't got a clue what they are talking about, quickly gets out of their depth and consequently make a total ass out of themselves somewhere along the way. :D
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

As a man, I fall in love with how a woman is physically. I fall in love with simple parts of a woman. Like the way her hair falls around her face, the line of her neck, her shoulders. They way her ears might peek from her hair. Her eyelashes. The size and shape of her hands, her fingernails. The way she walks, the way she looks when she is tired or annoyed, the sound she makes when she sneezes, coughs, or cries. The way she sits in a chair. The way she breathes while experiencing different emotions. The way her lips move. A million little things.

What a long winded way of saying I like tits. :S:S:ph34r:[:/]

BP
:)

It we to me that women almost cannot think for themselves.

We construct our lives around nest-building. We're like male birds building nests and showing them off to attract mates. It's pathetic. Everything we do is to get women. It is a fucking shit deal.

it sounds like someone is dabbling in misogyny.

and yes, the whole world revolves around women, all of it: ice cream, toilet paper, cars, money, and skydiving. nothing but women on the we channel the oxygen channel and the lifetime channel. also mostly hot, half naked women on the spike channel and on the old "man show".

its all about women. but look on the bright side, at least its not all about sheep and pigs!! :D

It's a textbook example of articles trying to summarise the psychology of the opposite sex - the author hasn't got a clue what they are talking about, quickly gets out of their depth and consequently make a total ass out of themselves somewhere along the way

I beg to differ ;)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I think you are in lala land if you believe that.
I dont think I need a man to tell me that I am not really attracted to them. WTF?
Men and women have different ways of being attracted to the opposite sex but just because Mr. woman-hater-man has been burned once or twice. We all have! You know why he probably hates women? He was only going out with gold diggers (because he is only attracted to the type) and then wonders why he has problems with women and now thinks all women are like that.

If you really believe this guy then I do not feel sorry for you when your next relationship fails.[:/]

And, if you started this thread just to get all the women fired up, then it worked! haha

-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla

A woman basically is a greedy materialistic prostitute. Although that sounds vulgar, it's true. She trades her physical self to buy into the success a man has created for himself.

Personally, I only trade my physical self if your going to buy me something nice. :P;):D

It seems to me that women almost cannot think for themselves.

:|

Their estimates of worth are based on other peoples' estimates of worth. They don't really find an object beautiful on their own. The object becomes beautiful when other people let her know that it is beautiful.

There are many of us out there that can recognize beauty on our own. Personally, I think if you look for it, beauty can be found in almost everything.
F LORIDA!

You know why he probably hates women? He was only going out with gold diggers (because he is only attracted to the type) and then wonders why he has problems with women and now thinks all women are like that.

Actually, the author is probably not attractive (strike one), has nothing going for him (strike two), and would rather blame women than improve himself (strike three) ... he's out.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

If you really believe this guy then I do not feel sorry for you when your next relationship fails.

And, if you started this thread just to get all the women fired up, then it worked! haha

Boys are smelly.. you have to throw rocks at them to get them properly attracted.

http://www.davidandgoliathtees.com/games/boygame5.swf

:D:D Cute game...I love it!!!
F LORIDA!

I don't understand men, and how and why they are attracted to women, but I don't write whole articles about that fact.

No worries. Buy us a beer, tell us we're cute, and we'll spend all night telling you what we like about women.;):D
Actually that wouldn't work for me but if you subsitute beer for milkshake I'm a happy camper... :D:D just ask Beth... :$
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

If you really believe this guy then I do not feel sorry for you when your next relationship fails.

Boys are smelly.. you have to throw rocks at them to get them properly attracted.

http://www.davidandgoliathtees.com/games/boygame5.swf

That's a much better idea than doing nothing and hoping the boy does something ... :)
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

A portion of that makes sense from an anthropologic point of view.

From an evolutionary perspective it makes a lot of sense. The key difference between men and women, speaking from the point of view of evolution and the survival of the species, is that a man can reproduce at any age, whereas a woman has a biological clock that runs down (not considering recent technologies to try to change this).

Thus it makes sense--again speaking purely from an evolutionary point of view--for a woman's strategy to favor an older, higher status man who has established himself in that status. Such a man has proven himself to be a survivor--in a "survival of the fittest" world he probably has good genes to pass on because he has proven it by, well, surviving.

In picking a woman, however, a man cannot use the same strategy, evolutionarily speaking. A woman who has survived to the age of menopause might, in pre-industrial society, have proven herself to have good genes for survival, but once she's reached menopause her genes aren't much good to future generations. So a man tends to pick a younger mate who appears (without proof) most likely to survive--and this usually turns out to be an attractive young woman.

Needless to say, intelligent, modern, men and women can and often do make choices about partners for reasons quite different than mere consideration of survival of the species. But I think the basic evolutionary instincts still play a strong role in a significant number of cases, sometimes consciously, sometimes not so.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

The author's conclusions seem to be pathetic attempts to blame others for his own shortcomings. Based on what he has written, it sounds like the author is incredibly socially inept and lacking in authentic relationships. If there is any truth to his words, it is because he has chosen to surround himself with shallow, vapid wastes of human flesh.

I'm not sure if my wife loves me more because I'm tremendously wealthy, successful, and popular, or because I'm an unusually gifted and giving lover. Either way, I don't think she would have married me if I was a packer.

I don't think she loves you for any of those things. Just your stinky arrogance......:D:D
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla