skittles_of_SDC

Have you ever kept something odd/gross...

because it was sentimental or became such? I was taking pics of my incisions with the staples in today including some with a measuring tape next to them for placement in case I want get staples tattooed. So I enlisted the help of my mom, who was nice enough to drive me to my appointment, to hold the tape while the nurse took a photo. My mom made a comment to the nurse about how she probably thought it was wierd and probably not many people do it to which the nurse replied 'you would be suprised'. Then she said something that kinda grossed me out and is the topic of this thread. She proceeds to say some people like to keep the staples. After she was done pulling them she asked one more time if I wanted to keep them. I of course said no. So that's the question. Have you ever kept something odd because it had some sort of sentimental value to you?

First off...what are you doing awake?

Secondly...I do ahve more junk then I rightfully should. I am an admitted pack rat. However, I don't have anything like you're talking about in this thread. I can almost understand keeping metal that came out...but not staples. :S

I kept the screws that came out of the rod in my leg. My boyfriend kept his too. I think I'll put them in a display case with pics of us on crutches together. Is that gross?:D

Idk yet. Jury is still out on pins and plates. On one hand it did come out of your body which is gross. But on the other hand it's special hardware designed for bone which is pretty cool. Staples are definately not even cool to keep though. Maybe it's all people who didn't get cool hardware.:D

I've never had metal in my body...but I did hold on to my free bag from my first cutaway even though it's destroyed and unrecognizable. I'm thinking of putting it in a box to frame or something maybe?

My best friend thinks it's trash and has tried to throw it away on numerous occasions...

I kept the screws that came out of the rod in my leg. My boyfriend kept his too. I think I'll put them in a display case with pics of us on crutches together. Is that gross?:D

Idk yet. Jury is still out on pins and plates. On one hand it did come out of your body which is gross. But on the other hand it's special hardware designed for bone which is pretty cool. Staples are definately not even cool to keep though. Maybe it's all people who didn't get cool hardware.:D

:D it's funny but, I think the staples are kinda gross too. I don't know why. They should be less gross than something that was inside your body for a hole year keeping your bones together but, to me there not. Brian had them in his leg but, didn't keep them either. The screws are cool though. Mine are actually blue. Who knew?:D
Fly like a girl

Gross? You wanna hear gross?

My dad kept a vial of his kidney stones and would pull them out to show every so often.
[:/]

my grandma gave hers to my brother which proceeded to bring it to his biology teacher that put it in his showcase.. :D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I'm positive that if I look hard enough, i will find a box containing most if not all of my milk teeth somewhere at my parents place.

Second, I nearly managed to kill myself on my A-licence checkout, almost colliding full speed with a fence.
Throwing my legs out in front of me I just barely cleared the fence, having to start flaring while directly above it. I had a perfect tippety toe landing, but from the moment I started to plane out I heard the barbed wire ring and shake behind me.
Further inspection revealed a bit of fabric from the jumpsuit I was wearing had caught one of the wire tips.
I have pasted this bit of fabric onto my A-licence as a reminder never to get complacent again...
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

My dad kept a vial of his kidney stones and would pull them out to show every so often.

Alright, this is gross. I kept the toenail that Peanut knocked off of me and gave it to him for his birthday. Tell me that's not gross. :S

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

I have all of my kid's baby teeth in little Tupperware containers. The kids don't want them, but I can't bring myself to throw the teeth away!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My daughter's class disected a shark a couple days ago. She won the right to keep one of the eyes. It is sitting in a jar on the kitchen counter. I asked her how long she intended to keep it. She said forever.

Strange child.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I kept the screws that came out of the rod in my leg.

Ditto!!! I kept my plate, screws and pin from my ankle. If I paid THAT much for it... I want it back. BTW, it makes a great wind chime! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Muff Brother # 3883, SCR # 14796 ICD # 1 - Pres.
Yeah, I noticed and I think it's funny!

No shit??? My dad did that too!!! :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I have all of my kid's baby teeth in little Tupperware containers. The kids don't want them, but I can't bring myself to throw the teeth away!

Okay, now that's strange. The tooth fairy should have taken those away for you.

But I understand not wanting to get rid of reminders of your children's youth.

I'd downsize them into something as small as possible, like an aspirin bottle, and label it accordingly. When the kids are grown up in their 40's or so, give the teeth to them in their xmas stockings. They'll get a kick out of it. And then let them decide what to do with their teeth.