LuckyMcSwervy

WTF :-/

I once read a story of a couple who got married, divorced a few years later, remarried a few years after that, then divorced again. Then they found an arrangement that worked: One of them bought the house next door to the other. This had occurred about 20 years earlier, and to date they were still getting along fine.

Believe it or not, my grandparents divorced twice and remarried each other twice. Both times after huge blow-ups (arguments) and got back together after realizing it was stupid. Fortunately, they were able to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary (of the first one) before a 4th and final heart attack claimed my grandfather.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Believe it or not, my grandparents divorced twice and remarried each other twice. Both times after huge blow-ups (arguments) and got back together after realizing it was stupid. Fortunately, they were able to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary (of the first one) before a 4th and final heart attack claimed my grandfather.

Damn! It is bad enough for a guy to try to remember one anniversary, Can you imagine trying to remember 2 or more?[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Damn! It is bad enough for a guy to try to remember one anniversary, Can you imagine trying to remember 2 or more?[:/]

Yeah, they always remembered the first time. The other two times was just a re-affirmation of their vows before a justice of the peace. They were two hard-headed stubborn people and grandmother wasn't one to accept back-talk or accept that she was wrong. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

So everything was good from her mouth on down?!

She had pretty hair too:)

Maybe if she was mute, she would have been a keeper.

maybe not mute, but if she's learn the good girl skill of speaking when spoken to..........;)

She's still the only chick I've ever seen throw a hairbrush so hard it bounced off three walls before it hit the floor. Thank goodness she was all velocity, no aim.

But back on subject-I do know of one couple that divorced and remarried that are doing well, but their split was facilitated by a lot of external stress that hurt the relationship. When those issues were settled things really were different.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

What a day. I've read all of your responses and I can see everyone's opinion as very important in one way or another in reference to this situation. And the PMs I’ve received have been so nice and encouraging. Thanks.

I think this is something that's going to take a long time to play out. Part of me wants to tell him what's in my heart, part of me wants to run the other way to keep my heart safe again, and then my head is telling me to relax, listen, take notes, be patient and see what, if anything, develops out of this new communication. I just can't seem to wrap logic around anything right now.

He was never a womanizer. He had an affair with a female cop that he works with. They were never together after the affair came to light. She's moved on, married to the guy she was engaged to when my xH and her were fucking around, 2 kids and appears to be happy, from what’s I’ve heard.

I don't really know what his intentions are. Maybe a walk down memory lane, just catching up on time past, trying to test the waters, feel me out, I really don’t know at this point.

Chris asked what he would think of my new life and what he would think if he read my posts here.... Well, he's already told me how proud of me he is with my "new life" and how adventurous I now am. I wasn't "allowed" to skydive when we were married. That's what took me so long to get here. But if he reads my posts, he would most likely say, "Yep, that's my Lucky. Still a fucking smart ass". Skydiving isn’t something I would walk away from. For anyone. It took me years to have my “own” life, doing everythng and anything for ME and ME alone. I didn’t mind doing for him when we were married, of course, but I’ve come such a long way from where I was that I’m not the “little woman wifey” material any more.

Maybe I’m feeling vulnerable because I’m not in a relationship right now, I don’t know. Maybe I’m feeling mushy because I always wanted to have a baby with him and it didn’t happen when we were married. I just don’t know. I miss his family, I miss our families together, my brother misses him as a “big brother” figure, still.

I half expect to hear from him via text tonight. When we were texting he said “too much” to say and that we’ll talk later, it was bedtime for him and goodnight. I just said goodnight and that was it. I don’t want to beg him to talk to me because that’s not who I am anymore. I also refuse to be a “fall back” on chick. I always thought we were “soulmates”, if you believe in such a thing, and I also always thought that he’d be back one day. And I told him years ago that one day we’d be together again, because at the time that’s what I believed in my heart. Now I wonder if this is what’s happening.

Thanks for letting me vent. :)

Always be kinder than you feel.

Sorry but I just have to say.. I have seen far too many women who were dumped... end up being the weekly monthly or whenever bootie call.

I have SEVERAL friends out here.. who were traded in on newr models.. and even the trophy bimbo's got tired of the ex's crap... and then the ex is calling again.:S

AND what is worse .. now they are on the merry go round with the idiot and believe it will change:S:S:S

Whats past is past.. move on and find a genuine relationship with someone with a FAR better track record

He was never a womanizer. He had an affair with a female cop that he works with.

Did he tell you or did you find out?

Maybe I’m feeling mushy because I always wanted to have a baby with him and it didn’t happen when we were married.

Do you want a child?

It all comes down to do you think you could trust him again? With you second guessing his motives (understandably so), I think you already know your answer.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Can't say i've been in that situation. Just wanted to say i'm thinking of you right now. With your stress from your dad's illness, i'm sure having more stress doesn't help.

Buck up, it'll be aiight. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I could have written this post. WTF is wrong with us?
----------------

WELLL, I had to go on vacation to this beautiful island paradise. But good news big boy, i'm coming home soon if you wanna spring booogie (and patch things up).
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

I could have written this post. WTF is wrong with us? :S

"I'm guessing, lots." I love Con Air. I haven't had the urge to get back with my ex yet, I'm having way too much fun now.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

He was never a womanizer. He had an affair with a female cop that he works with.

Did he tell you or did you find out?

My brother found out and told me. :| They all work together. :S xH denied it like a motherfucker until I had solid evidence.

Maybe I’m feeling mushy because I always wanted to have a baby with him and it didn’t happen when we were married.

Do you want a child?

Nope. Not anymore. I'm too old and too selfish at this point in my life. I don't have the energy or the support to raise a child alone. Or even with someone. No way. That ship has sailed.....

It all comes down to do you think you could trust him again? With you second guessing his motives (understandably so), I think you already know your answer.

I think trust is earned. But I also have a hard time forgetting even when I forgive, which is kinda rare for me since I carry grudges like a motherfucker.

Bolas, you should be a shrink. You always give good advice. ;) I like the SWAG thing!

When you take the trash out, do you bring it back in after a while to see if it smells better?

My ex-wife called a few times after we split, even stopped by to visit once or twice-usually after she broke up with someone. I remember her pouting on the phone one night "What's wrong with me?" My response.."You're drop dead pretty, you give a world class blowjob-You have to be a serious bitch to run a guy away from that."
Even then, I was all give.

So everything was good from her mouth on down?! :ph34r:

No. It's just that she couldn't talk with her mouth full.
:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Your heart is telling you one thing while your brain is telling you another. It's obvious from your posts that you're going to follow your heart regardless of what's said in here and regardless of all the warning signs you've already mentioned. Good luck.

I've found that listening to that inner voice is always a good thing. That inner voice comes from the brain.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Bolas, you should be a shrink.

That is by far the scariest thing I have ever seen in writing.

I heard he knows a lot about shrinkage.:D

When Bolas comes to Cross Keys next weekend for FreezeFest we'll get some pics of him in his thong, outside in the cold. Then we can post some "shrinkage" pics! :D

Just kidding. :P