Skydave103

What do you do while driving?

How do you compare to these:

Jodie was driving south on Interstate 405, heading from Santa Barbara, Calif., to San Diego for the weekend, when she got stuck in Friday rush-hour traffic near the Los Angeles International Airport.I glanced to my right and there was a woman with her left foot sticking out the driver's window painting her toe nails.

In a survey by GMAC Insurance of more than 5,000 drivers, 8 percent admitted to changing clothes while their cars were in gear and 62 percent copped to eating

California resident Todd Thedinga reports having seen a Honda Accord being used as a makeshift gym: "I was in heavy traffic when I passed a middle-aged guy doing bicep curls with his left arm. When I looked over again later, he was working on his right arm."

In 2003, the case of Catherine Donkers, a young mother who was arrested while driving from Detroit to Pittsburgh, made national headlines. Troopers had observed Donkers breastfeeding her 6-month-old baby while traveling 65 mph on the Ohio Turnpike. She was charged with child endangerment. In 2008, Canadian newspapers reported that a woman was arrested for careless driving in Ontario after she lost control of her car on an icy road and crashed into a sign post. She'd been eating a bowl of cereal.

State legislators in Maine are debating this question in the wake of an incident in which a state trooper observed a woman watching an episode of Gilmore Girls on her laptop while speeding down the Maine Turnpike.

A respondent from San Antonio, Texas, admitted to having shaved her legs, eaten a taco, applied makeup and consumed an alcoholic beverage all at the same time. Against the odds, she lived to tell her story.

:S:S
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

Holy shit, I'm normal. All I do is listen to music and talk radio.

Not a big fan of eating in the car. One crumb drops into the seat and it really bugs the hell out of me.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

One crumb drops into the seat and it really bugs the hell out of me.

Leather seats man!!!! B|
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

One crumb drops into the seat and it really bugs the hell out of me.

Leather seats man!!!! B|

Had leather seats on my last car, but I couldn't bring myself to eat in it. I just want my car to smell like a car, rather than a fast food restaurant kitchen.

I suppose that I could make an exception for eating an apple in the car.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Ive eaten, drank (non alcoholic), played solitare on my old truck-puter. (yes, i actually installed a whole computer into my truck... was pretty awesome) but illegal as fuck ;)

Probably a few things on the way

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

How do you compare to these:

Jodie was driving south on Interstate 405, heading from Santa Barbara, Calif., to San Diego for the weekend, when she got stuck in Friday rush-hour traffic near the Los Angeles International Airport.I glanced to my right and there was a woman with her left foot sticking out the driver's window painting her toe nails.

In a survey by GMAC Insurance of more than 5,000 drivers, 8 percent admitted to changing clothes while their cars were in gear and 62 percent copped to eating

California resident Todd Thedinga reports having seen a Honda Accord being used as a makeshift gym: "I was in heavy traffic when I passed a middle-aged guy doing bicep curls with his left arm. When I looked over again later, he was working on his right arm."

In 2003, the case of Catherine Donkers, a young mother who was arrested while driving from Detroit to Pittsburgh, made national headlines. Troopers had observed Donkers breastfeeding her 6-month-old baby while traveling 65 mph on the Ohio Turnpike. She was charged with child endangerment. In 2008, Canadian newspapers reported that a woman was arrested for careless driving in Ontario after she lost control of her car on an icy road and crashed into a sign post. She'd been eating a bowl of cereal.

State legislators in Maine are debating this question in the wake of an incident in which a state trooper observed a woman watching an episode of Gilmore Girls on her laptop while speeding down the Maine Turnpike.

A respondent from San Antonio, Texas, admitted to having shaved her legs, eaten a taco, applied makeup and consumed an alcoholic beverage all at the same time. Against the odds, she lived to tell her story.

:S:S

I think in 50 years from now, all of these behaviours will be legal, commonplace and accepted.

One word: Robodrivers.

I feel a confession coming from you!

Would it be confession or bragging?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I eat and drink in a vehicle regularly, but it depends on what I'm eating or drinking.

From experience!

DO NOT eat hard tacos, messy burgers, or subs with lots of lettuce, unless you vacuum your vehicle regularly, and wash your clothes every day.

DO NOT drink hot coffee from a coffee mug. Use a travel mug.

This topic reminds me of a great comercial I saw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cbCOQAWGWg - Sort of SFW
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

I drink coffee and listen to music, take the occasional cell phone call.:S In the past, I have changed clothes while driving, not the easiest thing without cruise control.:D

I remember spinning out in my Triumph Spitfire years ago on an icy single lane overpass, frantically steering the car backwards between the two guardrails while trying to set my coffee cup down.:o:S:D More excitement than I really wanted on my morning commute. :)

I remember spinning out in my Triumph Spitfire years ago on an icy single lane overpass, frantically steering the car backwards between the two guardrails while trying to set my coffee cup down.:o:S:D More excitement than I really wanted on my morning commute. :)

But the important part....did you spill your coffee???
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

In the past, I have changed clothes while driving, not the easiest thing without cruise control

Ah, but was it a standard?

Not that I'd know anything about changing clothes while driving :)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

When traffic is flowing I only listen to the radio and occationally talk on the phone.
When the traffic is stopped, I have studied for an ochem exam, as well as read books... but that is only when we aren't moving at all... no harm in that right?
Beth

When I was in sales... I used my crackberry all the time. Now, no cell phone, no nothing unless I want a ticket.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

When I was in sales... I used my crackberry all the time. Now, no cell phone, no nothing unless I want a ticket.

g

I have a $135 ticket sitting here for talking on my phone on the fwy. I was lost and called someone real quick to ask directions. Busted.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

g

I have a $135 ticket sitting here for talking on my phone on the fwy. I was lost and called someone real quick to ask directions. Busted.

Crap! That sucks.... [:/]

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?