Skydave103

What do you do while driving?

When I was in sales... I used my crackberry all the time. Now, no cell phone, no nothing unless I want a ticket.

g

I have a $135 ticket sitting here for talking on my phone on the fwy. I was lost and called someone real quick to ask directions. Busted.

Just a question regarding headsets.
Is it allowed to talk on the phone while driving if you are using some type of hands free system?
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

When I was in sales... I used my crackberry all the time. Now, no cell phone, no nothing unless I want a ticket.

g

I have a $135 ticket sitting here for talking on my phone on the fwy. I was lost and called someone real quick to ask directions. Busted.

Is it allowed to talk on the phone while driving if you are using some type of hands free system?

Yes, you can use a headset. I was rushing to pick someone up from an airport I'd never been to before and just picked up my phone without plugging it in. Learned my lesson.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

g

CA law is 100% hands free. Unfortunately my phone will not pair with a bluetooth headset so if the phone rings while I'm driving - it goes to VM. Funny its somewhat liberating to not have the cell phone ruling my life anymore.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

g

Yes, you can use a headset. I was rushing to pick someone up from an airport I'd never been to before and just picked up my phone without plugging it in. Learned my lesson.

Never uses the BT headset anymore... The damn thing kept breaking the connection all the time so I just got tired of it...
But then again, there's no laws in Sweden that regulates the use of phones while driving :P
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Funny its somewhat liberating to not have the cell phone ruling my life anymore.

i do this on average once a year, go to a country your cell doesnt work... then, after several months, come back to it! see how odd it feels.

edited to add: im shocked to see that nobody has said: i scan the road ahead and to either side, make proper judgments, drive sanely and keep safe.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Over the years, I have done various things that I should NOT have been doing while driving! B|

I used to grade papers, hold my kids (before the car seat rules came into effect), put on makeup, paint my nails, text, talk on the phone and eat/drink. I have taken my jacket OFF while driving, but not sure I ever put one ON.

Nowadays, I have a Bluetooth for my phone and I still eat/drink in the car. :$

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Okay, don't judge me! I have done all of the following while driving:

Changed my shirt
Changed my shoes
Put on makeup (all of it!)
send and read text messages (guilty of this daily!)
eat
drink
chat on the phone
brush my hair
brushed my teeth (Dont ask!)
painted my fingernails

In my defense, I have yet to get in an accident thats my fault! (knock on wood!)

A respondent from San Antonio, Texas, admitted to having shaved her legs, eaten a taco, applied makeup and consumed an alcoholic beverage all at the same time. Against the odds, she lived to tell her story.

I thik i saw this dumbass this weekend on Loop 410:S

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

We will add some more to the list this summer...

Sounds a little dangerous...! ;)

This coming from a girl who SAYS she wont have any worries jumping her first pack job. AND swears she will be scared to jump from the plane each and every skydive.

but yes, danger is my ... 3rd middle name
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Changed my shirt
Changed my shoes
eat
drink
chat on the phone
brush my hair
painted my fingernails

In my defense, I have yet to get in an accident thats my fault! (knock on wood!)

I have done all but one of those. I could add a few more to the list as well...
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Changed my shirt -- yes
Changed my shoes -- yes (and put on pantyhose)
Put on makeup (all of it!) - yes
send and read text messages (guilty of this daily!) -- yes
eat -- yes
drink yes
chat on the phone -- yes
brush my hair -- yes
brushed my teeth (Dont ask!) -- no but I do floss 'em
painted my fingernails -- yes

add -
read a book
cleaned the dash and interior with fantastic, armor all, etc.

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Changed my shirt
Changed my shoes
eat
drink
chat on the phone
brush my hair
painted my fingernails

I'm surprised one of the men haven't chimed in here with "This is exactly why women are worse drivers than men!":D

I frequently eat in my car and occasionally talk on my cell phone. I've also changed my shoes and put on mascara before.

In 2003, the case of Catherine Donkers, a young mother who was arrested while driving from Detroit to Pittsburgh, made national headlines. Troopers had observed Donkers breastfeeding her 6-month-old baby while traveling 65 mph on the Ohio Turnpike. She was charged with child endangerment.

That is nothing. I've seen a woman breast feeding a child, eating, AND talking on the phone while driving. 100% serious.

oh, do fill us in ;)

pictures help in visualizing exactly how you did them.

I was hoping she would respond to this one. When I first saw the thread this morning, I started to wonder what Deedy does while she's driving :)
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Changed my shirt, pants, socks too yes
Changed my shoes yes
Put on makeup (all of it!) does picking your nose count?
send and read text messages (guilty of this daily!) yes
eat yes
drink ALOT
chat on the phone yes
brush my hair does sticking my head out the sunroof count?
brushed my teeth flossing but not brushing
painted my fingernails don't have enough to paint.

Getting a bj while going through the manned toll booth. The look on his face was priceless!
Switching seats with the driver going down the highway. Not real easy if your 6'4".
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

I'm practically an angel compared to those.:)
One day about a month ago, the roads were really icy and traffic was barely moving. When the cars were moving, there was a lot of sliding, skidding, etc. This was not a case of people forgetting how to drive when they see a little snow- the roads really were bad. Well, there was an SUV next to me and the driver was not just reading the paper, but doing one of the puzzles. That was just plain scary!