LuckyMcSwervy

Can I Make It To Sebastian With Just 1 Carry On Bag?

Rig?

The rig is staying home and I'm going to rent gear. I'm having chest strap issues that I'm pretty sure I just can't suck up. I had the chest strap lengthened and it still doesn't fit right.... I finally figured out it's gotta be moved higher then the "girls"...
Always be kinder than you feel.

Do you really think rental gear will fit better?? And if you fit your chest strap to be above 'the girls', where is it going to be when you're sitting in the harness?

Let's hope it's not choking me. Our rigger will help me out with the better placement.... whatever he thinks.. I'm game cause I don't know shit... :|
Always be kinder than you feel.

I have to travel alot with my job. The single most annoying thing about it, aside from TSA hassles are people carrying oversized "carry ons" on the plane that take forever to jam into the overhead. Relax, take a checked bag and a sensibly packed carry on, everyone will be happier, and you'll have enough stuff.
John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver

I have to travel alot with my job. The single most annoying thing about it, aside from TSA hassles are people carrying oversized "carry ons" on the plane that take forever to jam into the overhead. Relax, take a checked bag and a sensibly packed carry on, everyone will be happier, and you'll have enough stuff.

No kidding!!! I get so sick of those people who spend ten minutes trying to get their big ass carry on put away while I'm standing there behind them waiting to take my f'ing seat.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

The rig is staying home and I'm going to rent gear

And you're worried about being able to fit everything in carry-on???

Dang, I thought a rig was included in all that.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Puerto Rico.

6 days.

Seriously. :o

And I broke the wheels on the 2 bigger bags before we even checked them in PHL. Had to buy new luggage in Puerto Rico to get all of that shit home... :o

That is a tone of stuff to take for 6 days!

Someone needs to teach you how to pack light....:P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Puerto Rico.

6 days.

And I broke the wheels on the 2 bigger bags before we even checked them in PHL. Had to buy new luggage in Puerto Rico to get all of that shit home... :o

if that was 2 rigs + cameras and gear + clothes and food for two weeks maybe it would be acceptable.

This is your chance to break that habit.

Pack exactly the list I posted and NOTHING more. Go to the Boogie.

I am sure you can borrow a hair dryer from someone down there or (heaven forbid) Towel Dry and be done.

It is a Dropzone, not a beauty pageant.
Dress comfortably, bring a smile and you will have a blast. Everything else is optional.

Puerto Rico.

6 days.

looks like paris hilton AND nicole richie travelling.. :o

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Puerto Rico.

6 days.

Yeah, what's up with those fucking ribbons? :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Puerto Rico.

6 days.

Yeah, what's up with those fucking ribbons? :ph34r:

maybe its a sign for "FUCKING HELP ME GET THAT LUGGAGE UP THERE"..

sorry, had to cry, i know you're hearing challenged.. :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

An alternative view:

Wear there:
- Clean nice jeans
- long-sleeved shirt
- a jacket in case it gets cold
- your jumping sneakers, freshly washed

Suitcase (smallest that it will all fit into)
- jumpsuit
- 3 pairs shorts (2 jumping, one nice)
- 3 jumping shirts
- 2 really cute shirts that go with jeans or the third pair of shorts
- 4 pairs of short socks
- undies (1 of each for each day)
- shower shoes
- cute flat sandals
- shower kit -- shampoo, lotion, soap, brush, comb -- remember if it's carry-on they have to be small
- makeup bag -- VERY MINIMAL -- you'll either be jumping or it'll be dark
- 1 fluffy hand towel (i.e. the next one down from bath, not the little bitty finger one)

Your helmet, purse/wallet, and logbook go in the backpack that counts as your purse.

Jay's right about leaving the hair dryer. If you just can't stand the thought, get someone to bring one in the afternoon -- you don't need to dry your hair pretty only to put a helmet on it all day, right?

I generally pack fewer jeans than days -- at home I wear them more than once, why not while traveling?

And enjoy. Any guys who aren't favorably impressed with being low-maintenance are probably only interested in you for your looks anyway.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wow that is a lot of stuff.

I almost always take just a carryon with eveything I need. only exception really has been ..is going to mexico for a week, then I take a big checked bag that is almost empty to bring back all the alcohol in... lol
;)

(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

No, but why bother?

I pack like a chick but it saved me recently when a 1-2 night trip turned into a 9 night one. :S

Only had to do laundry once. :)

Yeah, Bolasss, you pack like a chick. I almost had to rent a bigger trailer to get your shit to Lost Prairie:D

By the way, I have never seen a sillier thread

- "can a chick make it to a DZ with one carry-on bag"? Geez, what ya been smoking Lucky??B|B|

Doc
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

- "can a chick make it to a DZ with one carry-on bag"? Geez, what ya been smoking Lucky??B|B|

Doc

You sir, obviously have not met Thundercat, one of the reasons the EPBA was formed. ;)

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_string=&search_type=AND&search_fields=sb&search_time=&search_user_username=thundercat&sb=score&mh=25
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

No, but why bother?

I pack like a chick but it saved me recently when a 1-2 night trip turned into a 9 night one. :S

Only had to do laundry once. :)

Yeah, Bolasss, you pack like a chick. I almost had to rent a bigger trailer to get your shit to Lost Prairie:D

Doc

Hey! I actually made it to Arizona last weekend with one carry on bag plus my rig! :P

I think I'm gonna make it!! B|

And you know what? I was gonna let Bolas slide with his packing claim..... but when he showed up at my house for CK's Freezefest weekend he had more bags than I've EVER traveled with!! Girl after my own heart!! :P

"The shoes". thongs, and other party stuff are almost a bag by themselves... B|
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.