hobie331

Weekend numbers 4/25-26

Since the midwest weather sucks-AGAIN-let me be the first to start the weekend thread, early

:(::(::)
KSUPC did open on Wednesday though so I skipped work in the afternoon and got 3 in. Did finally get to jump my brand spankin' new canopy so I guess I do owe beer for that. That was a quick 2-way RW and I dumped at 7.5K. One 2-way ff and one 4-way rw. Hope the rest of the universe got better weather and a chance to fly. It sure has been a long winter and spring here.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

;):6:3

Couldn't have asked for better weather this weekend, and there's still a full day of it left.

First downwind/ landing (about 18-20 mph wind)...long story.

First 8-way.

Gave an absolutely terrible spot...1 landed about 2 miles from the DZ.

Ended the day with a hop n pop from 10k at sunset.

Back to the airport for another day. :)

:):;)

Same boat as Hobie, so did what you do when the weather is a stormin'. Possibly owe the GF beer but only if she calls me on it.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

0:2:0

:(>:(:( Damned wind!!!

not only wind but where did those clouds come from?

:$:2:1

did a couple of three ways today: finally got to jump with Josh-the-paintball guy and doc for my 300th and then jumped with doc and skootz for the 2nd jump. clouds rolled in and the beer came out. hopefully next weekend will be better.;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

:( : 4 : :D

No humps... not that I tried. :P

No jumps yesterday... had good intentions but was getting a touch of vertigo and had to take myself off of a couple of loads. Went home and took a quick cat nap... felt better. Went to back to the DZ and started to feel like crap again. Left @ 3:30pm, went home... took some meds and slept until 5:45 this morning. I missed the season opener Luau-Wow. [:/]

Today I was able to get 4 jumps in. YAY! A 2 way belly, a 2 way sit attempt, another 2 way belly that went to shit right outta the door and another 2 way sit lesson. Almost had it! :)
Beer... Well, beer was for the most fucked up & dangerous landing so far (I busted the beer line). I crossed over the runway(@ 1,000'), hit some thermals, came out of them and dropped like a freaking rock. As I started to drop I looked up to make sure I still had a freaking inflated canopy (I sure did) and then just freaking dropped so damn fast I couldn't believe it. I prepared for a PLF an ass-slid half way across the taxiway. Came to rest maybe 100' from the Skyvan with spinning props and next to the fuel truck. And my canopy was catching the wind... pulled one toggle and moved the opposite way of the plane. How I got up and walked away.... I'll never know. But I was surely one lucky chica today. I was never so happy to have some cushion on my ass than I was today. ;) And also for the cordura ass on my jumpsuit. Not even a rip. :) )

I was going to jump again to break my personal best # of jumps in a day but then I figured I better hang it up for the day because I was beat after that hard landing.

And now I'm starting to get sore... :|
Always be kinder than you feel.

not only wind but where did those clouds come from?

:2:1

did a couple of three ways today: finally got to jump with Josh-the-paintball guy and doc for my 300th and then jumped with doc and skootz for the 2nd jump. clouds rolled in and the beer came out. hopefully next weekend will be better

Congrats on #300. I almost went, but I had a lot of stuff to do that involved the computer and internet and just couldn't do that from the dz there. We finally have wifi at the dz in Star now, so I was able to work whle watching the wind blow. I did learn a lot about jumping in wind and suddenly no wiind this weekend. Turbulance from buildings is rather interesting, and nice level braked turns are nice when you're heading for a fence, fire pit and parking lot, none of which seemed like a very good place to land. I may have only had two jumps, but I packed a lot of experience into them lol :)
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

:)
Got to jump with Lady on her 300th.

By the way, Granny, I think braked/flat turns are way under-taught, and they can be a limb saver, if not a live saver.
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Not quite for just the weekend since I was jumping all week, but set a personal record of 70 jumps in a week.

Woohoo!

Are those all fun jumps?? or work and fun jumps?

I thought I was doing ok with 10 jumps
;):10:1
3 freefly jumps
7 Hop & pops, been working on a lot of canopy time and getting used to flying and landing my new wingB| We had a canopy coarse today so I got 4 H&P videoed witch helped a lot.
I had the best slow carving 90 degree swoop with my canopy ever, it just felt so good to be moving that fast!!!Im starting to love canopy flight and fast landings :ph34r:

Not quite for just the weekend since I was jumping all week, but set a personal record of 70 jumps in a week.

Woohoo!

Well then I can post mine as well - had quite a long 'weekend' too.. two weeks of jumping :)
:) : 36 : at least 12

36 - well, I was on vacation, see... didn't feel the need to get ten jumps in per day. I averaged about three to four a day, with the record being seven.

:D 1st jump in the US
:D 1st jump at Perris
:D 1st jump at Elsinore
:D 1st jump from a hot air balloon
:D 1st 4-way stack
:D 1st rotation
:D 2 hours of freefall
:D 1st (succesful) 8-way
:D achieved B-licence
:D got my last practical requirement for my C-licence
:D 1st time I paid a packer :$ (only one packjob though.. it was 108 F - give me a break) :$
:D most points/blocks in a single FS-jump (9/4)

That's all I can remember without checking my log.. there's probably more.:P
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

did a couple of three ways today: finally got to jump with Josh-the-paintball guy and doc for my 300th and then jumped with doc and skootz for the 2nd jump. clouds rolled in and the beer came out. hopefully next weekend will be better.;)

Congratulations on your 300th!! YAY you!! B|
Always be kinder than you feel.

Trees AGAIN????
:D:D:D:D
details bitch!
B|

I'll post later, but right now I am considering taking a hiatus from Skydiving. It was a bunch of stupid decisions, and a low turn. If it weren't for the tree I could have been hospitalized or even killed.

I walk these streets where my soulless feet
Haunt the ground where it was I once tread
On Grafton's Arcade pours the rich commerce rain
Though the voices I no longer hear speak
Heaven's to blame so on that I'll abstain
Best clean the church from my cracked fingernail
But don't let me die still wondering
What it was I left behind

From God's golden plate begrudgers they eat
Till their belly's burst ignorance bliss
Never they roam a wanderless home
Is as far as their sorry eye sees
Give me a rusty ol' goat wekk trampled and soaked
Until these ashes abd blood mingle deep
But don't let me die still wondering

Though I've been that face before
Slammed every open door
Squandered once scattered beliefs
So when the waves come crashin' in
I'll swim as the ocean swims
Out with the morning tide
Then back for my tea

So I'll do as I please like the well-tempered breeze
Blowin' which way I see fit
I'll grey with the clay seven days till the day
When they throw me on the potter's scrap heap
But take my advice; you'll have to bury me twice
Cause the first time I won't rest easily
But don't let die still wondering

So don't let die still wondering
I want a rach well run ahead of the gun
With a dance before the far finish line
So no life long regrets, only well feathered steps
Until these shoes I can longer shine
But don't let me die still wanderin'
For the love I left behind

Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

:(:1::|

I only got one in yesterday and the weather was crap today. I probably owed beer for a lot of things but I paid up in the form of shots last night. spent way to much money on them too. [:/]

You owe Gene beer for having Donny Osmond nightmares after seeing your mug.

Then again Gomei might like Donny Osmond.:P

Woohoo!

Are those all fun jumps?? or work and fun jumps?

I thought I was doing ok with 10 jumps
;):10:1
3 freefly jumps
7 Hop & pops, been working on a lot of canopy time and getting used to flying and landing my new wingB| We had a canopy coarse today so I got 4 H&P videoed witch helped a lot.
I had the best slow carving 90 degree swoop with my canopy ever, it just felt so good to be moving that fast!!!Im starting to love canopy flight and fast landings :ph34r:

All jumps are fun jumps :)
Performance Designs Factory Team