lippy

Weekend #'s June 13-14

:(:2:0

Unless you count for longest in air holding that I've EVER been on. The commercial DC-7 plane that was below us also on holding kept circling FOREVER:S At 12 000'. It gets cold.

But nice jumps, and the wingsuit instructor let me try on a Phoenix Fly Prodigy2, that I want to try out in the sky this season:)
Oh, and Weirdest holding ever: We had about an hour's holding because the commercial airport nearby wanted to take up a plane and photograph the airport from above. They could have saved all that trouble by contacting us. We have cameras AND a plane, and we're not afraid to use them!

Not that much jumping, though, the weather forecasts have been not so good. Said it was gonna rain on saturday, so I didn't go, said the sun was gonna shine on sunday, but it rained for a bit.:(
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

This weekends # is 150. As in I rode 150 miles on my bicycle with the Best Buy team for the MS150 bike ride! 2 Days of riding, now, shower time, dinner and a beer, and packing for

===> SKYFEST <===
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

1/15/2

9 tandems
3 Aff
3 tandem videos

AWESOME WEEKEND!

Beer owed for:

1. First time taking a tandem student at 220lbs.

2. I have all my tandem students sign my logbook after their jump. They like it and I enjoy it. This weekend was the first time I had a student put her phone number in there. Before anyone asks no I'm not going to call it, I've got a lady friend already.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

he commercial DC-7 plane that was below us also on holding kept circling FOREVER:S At 12 000'. It gets cold.

Oh, and Weirdest holding ever: We had about an hour's holding because the commercial airport nearby wanted to take up a plane and photograph the airport from above.

Your air traffic control is very restrictive in your country, isn't it? In the U.S. they could have done several things to accommodate your jump. Maybe they could have done that in your country too but you just had a lazy controller.[:/] Either way, that's not right to make jumpers wait that long, seriously.:|

Nunya:8:0

Four 8-way jumps with MadJohn (jdobleman) at Byron yesterday, and four hop & pops today as part of a great canopy course led by avgjoe and skybytch. Really great to have a refresher and focus on canopy stuff.

My second opening today was almost *really* interesting :S>:( but it turned out just fine. :o

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

This weekend was the first time I had a student put her phone number in there. Before anyone asks no I'm not going to call it, I've got a lady friend already.

Haha! The cocktail of adrenaline and endorphines experienced during and directly after a skydive is quite similar to that experienced when you're in love. This has been proved by japanese scientists;)

Too bad I can't wear the tandem rig, I can hardly lift the thing, and I kinda reach the handles, but only just[:/]

:D
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

:$:5:0

mostly carnage but boy was it fun. 3 way tube exit with 2 of my very favorite skydiving chica's - as well as an 8 way where i didn't totally screw it up---been a lot of growing pains lately with coming back from the injury but it is getting better.:S:S:S
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

:)
i had a long 4-day weekend, been to an open-air and drove the shuttle-bus for them, had my 2yrs skybirthday that i celebrated with 2 jumps including my 222nd..

and on sunday i took skyhussy out to play and show her around switzerland a bit which was really nice.. hi sam! :)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

2 RW jumps (15K + B|) that actually turned some pretty good points and one "Air Race" jump (think: 2 pylons and six skydivers racing around them - cue Benny Hill music :P ).

Have I said lately how much I love this sport? :)
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

:(::(::(

Venezuela Sucks!

Help me live vicariously through the rest of you

;):2::D

I always owe beer....cuz I love to drink it. Got 2 dives in yesterday...with an hour of freefall each...at -110 ft. I dove 2 shipwrecks yesterday that were INFESTED w/ tiger and bull sharks. A couple of barracuda got a little nosey, but it was all a GREAT weekend!!!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

0:1:0

Did Relative work of the family variety on saturday because beth's brother graduated from college and she had family in town for a party...

although they seemed to still like me well enough... I think her father and brother were trying to do me in by asking me to help open a faulty bottle of sparkling wine which exploded in my hand (ok just the top) and sliced my palm open relatively well...

Sunday we relaxed a bit in the morning and then I went to the dz for a bit (got one Tandem Video) and then I drove to Columbus to get a commuter bike (to use for riding back and forth to work in lieu of using my road bike every day...)

Later on on sunday we went out with some friends of ours for some mediterranean food... which was delicious...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

[:/]:9:0

2 RW
2 FF
1 Tandem lurk
1 Coach
2 H&P
1 Sweet ass sunset X/C

Low ceilings all Sunday so it was nothing but H&P loads from 4K to 7K. The last load was in the rain and Susan B and I did a no jumpsuit two way. We yelled "Rain Hurts" :Dall the way from 6500 to 3500.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

B|: 9: :D

I owed beer and I actually BOUGHT it this time!
Beer is for first weekend taking brand new students on tandems. I did 7 tandems and 2 videos. All out of a 182! Great weather, nice steady wind, all nice landings. I even stood one up in the pea pit!
http://3ringnecklace.com/

:P:1:0

It seemed hotter this weekend than I remember it being the last two years. I need to drink LOTS more water. I only made one jump cuz my happy arse decided to black out from dehydration later that day.
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

I only made one jump cuz my happy arse decided to black out from dehydration later that day

:o It's getting hot down in Big D, isn't it? Hope you keep hydrated from now own. I grew up down in
Dallas and know how hot it gets.:S

My weekend Nunyer:4:0

2 Tandems, 2 aff, one out landing on a long windy spot, but certainly not my first time with that.:D

It seemed hotter this weekend than I remember it being the last two years. I need to drink LOTS more water. I only made one jump cuz my happy arse decided to black out from dehydration later that day.

I can get by bringing one gallon jug of water plus my 32-oz Nalgene bottle on "normal" days (under 80-85 degrees). When it was 100 a few weekends ago, I went through almost a gallon and a half that I'd brought myself and begged & borrowed another half gallon or so from friends ... and *still* stopped to get more for the drive home. So ... big difference in what you need on a super-hot day. Glad it wasn't more serious.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

:(::(::(

Venezuela Sucks!

Help me live vicariously through the rest of you

Just one jump for me. Still seem to be a bit limited in the amount of jumping I can do because of $$$. Hadn't jump in three weeks so it is always great to get in the air.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

[ When it was 100 a few weekends ago, I went through almost a gallon and a half that I'd brought myself and begged & borrowed another half gallon or so from friends ...

It got into the high 70's for half the day here. I had to stop by the water fountain a couple of times.:P:D

Wish you were here.:)
John