grimmie

Hockey Playoffs...

And what he did to Kharlamov in the '72 Summit Series was the all time hockey cheap shot.:P

I think that was when I first understood the true meaning of sin. I knew it was wrong, but I was hoping Kharlamov was gone for the series so bad anyway.

I would rank that up there as one of the most despicable acts committed in a hockey arena. Your reaction really sums it up nicely.

Are you talking about this hit by Bobby Clarke in the 1972 Summit Series? The video says the name is Pospisil...unless this isn't the hit you're referring to. I'd hate to think that there's a hit worse than this one.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

And what he did to Kharlamov in the '72 Summit Series was the all time hockey cheap shot.:P

I think that was when I first understood the true meaning of sin. I knew it was wrong, but I was hoping Kharlamov was gone for the series so bad anyway.

I would rank that up there as one of the most despicable acts committed in a hockey arena. Your reaction really sums it up nicely.

Are you talking about this hit by Bobby Clarke in the 1972 Summit Series? The video says the name is Pospisil...unless this isn't the hit you're referring to. I'd hate to think that there's a hit worse than this one.

Nope This is the only one I can find. It isn't very good.

And what he did to Kharlamov in the '72 Summit Series was the all time hockey cheap shot.

Nah......all-time cheap shot has to be McSorley's attack on Brashear.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Happy dance!

[sarcasm]

Congratulations to the Sharks for winning the President's Trophy ! It must be a huge thrill for them to possess the ultimate recognition for a great year, and the continuation of a great tradition.

I remember the first time the Wings won it.........we were out celebrating that night, cruising Woodward Avenue in a brand-spanking-new 1933 Pierce-Arrow.......[gee, has it been 76 years already ?). :P

[/sarcasm]

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

And what he did to Kharlamov in the '72 Summit Series was the all time hockey cheap shot.

Nah......all-time cheap shot has to be McSorley's attack on Brashear.

Don

Bertuzzi on Steve Moore is right up there too.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Man, that last one is FUCKED. I read also the guy could no longer play because of the injuries? Is Bertuzzi still playing? That guy deserves to get run over by the zamboni

Bertuzzi is playing for the Flames. I've gotten a lot of flack from some people for saying that Bertuzzi should have gone to jail for that mugging. People say "it's part of the game". I say bullshit. Getting checked with your head down is part of the game, playing tough is part of the game, dropping the gloves and having at it is part of the game but attacking someone from behind and driving them headfirst into the ice with all 240 pounds of your body behind it isn't part of the game. It is assault.

I believe Steve Moore still has an outstanding lawsuit against Bertuzzi. I hope he gets a huge settlement.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

You guys are good hockey historians!
I think McSorley was trying to get Brashear's attention by whacking him in the shoulderpad. Marty never was very good with a stick.:P
And Bertuzzi whacking Moore was serious frustration that went way out of control. The dogpile after didn't do Moore any favors.
Too bad there isn't a clip of the worst fight in hockey history...Wayne Maki and "Terrible" Ted Green whacking each other over the heads with their sticks until Green ended up with a broken skull.:S

My vote goes to the New Jersey Devils...only because the Dallas Star's arent in it and the Devils have Jamie Langenbrunner. Does Gomez still play for the Devils? Does anyone remember the pass Gomez made several years ago between his legs to the wingman behind him for a sick goal ( I think it was against Dallas..but I could be mistaken) There are only 2 sports I keep CLOSE dibs on other than skydiving....racing...and FOOTBALL. But Hockey is fun to watch during the playoffs.

At least they were going at it toe to toe...and not attacking from behind.

Anyways...back to the playoffs..4 games tomorrow but Thursday has the two series I'm most interested in...Ducks/Sharks and Habs/Bruins.

Lots of bad blood already...they should be awesome!
--
Murray

Go to the penalty box gravitysurfer. Everyone know that Gordie Howe is "Mr. Hockey".:P

I spent a morning skating with him at Pickwick Ice Arena in Burbank about 15+ years ago. He represented the old "Hockey America" adult league. After three hours of ice time we went to lunch for two hours of stories.
What a Sunday...:)

closest I came was Delvecchio's autograph in '72.

My gawd! 1972?!??!! You must be OLD! :P

Just to show everyone what a complete hockey whuffo I am, even after three years of trying to learn the game -

Last night I was checking out NHL.com because for some strange reason I thought the playoffs started yesterday. Looking at the spot where they had game scores during the regular season, I saw Columbus 7 Detroit 2. I was stoked!

Until the s/o reminded me that the playoffs don't start until today, Detroit and Columbus don't play until tomorrow, and the numbers are where they are seeded, not the score of a game...:$

Habs lost 4-2. They had the Bruins on their heels for most of the third but couldn't find a way to beat Thomas and then Chara made it 3-2. Pretty good game, fast, lots of hits. I was surprised that the Habs dominated the play as much as they did, unfortunately, they couldn't turn that into goals.

Ducks - Sharks start in 20 minutes!
--
Murray

Sharks fans (which includes me) had better be worried. Anaheim was a much better team last night. I think Carlyle had a better plan for his team than McLellan did for the Sharks. Joe Thornton was an invisible man until late in the third...when it was too late.
--
Murray