normiss

Dating?

So if you're single and free, what's the limit to the number of people you can or should date?
No commitments to anyone, how many is too many?
Is that possible?
:D:D:D

There is no limit to the number of people you date, just the number of names and circumastances you can keep straight in your memory. Slipping up there will decrease the number automatically, keeping everything in balance.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I think as long as you are honest about it with the other people you are "dating", then as many as you want. That's between you and them.

For me personally, if I am "dating" more than one person, I'm not sleeping with any of them. As soon as the relationship becomes "physical", I would expect it to be exclusive on both sides. But that's just me.

Names shmames!
Call all the girls tuts, hun or gorgeous!
Problem solved!

I once dated this girl and for the first 4 weeks I had no idea what her name was! NO FREAKING CLUE!
SO....tuts, hun and gorgeous were her names untill one day I had the opportunity to look at her student ID.

And you know when she found out....she wasn't pissed at all! She said it was cute! ;)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

For an educated, emancipated and independent woman, I'm quite traditional in certain aspects. I have been fighting my habit of putting all my eggs in one basket for quite some time. When I date someone, is that one person only ... and my loyalty carries over into the relationship. So far, it hasn't worked out all that great for me - fidelity may have been a virtue at some point ... not anymore [:/] ...

O

For me personally, if I am "dating" more than one person, I'm not sleeping with any of them. As soon as the relationship becomes "physical", I would expect it to be exclusive on both sides. But that's just me.

In a perfect world, this would make perfect sense; in my experience, the exclusivity you speak of, is a one-way road [:/] ...

O

In a perfect world, this would make perfect sense; in my experience, the exclusivity you speak of, is a one-way road [:/] ...

O

Most times if you want to be exclusive they'll say they are as well. If you find out they're lieing about it, get out right then.

It's all balance, compromise and negotiation... :)
Her: I want to be exclusive.
Him: I wanna beer, a sammich, and a BJ... :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

O

OK, here goes- I am not in my 20s anymore, not exactly single and its been a while since I have been "dating" BUT like Bolas said, its all about communication and compromise. And you would be surprised- in spite of all the talk to the contrary, plenty of men are happy to be in an exclusive relationship with the right person. They get just as tired of all the BS that goes along with dating as we do.

Most people have a hard enough time finding one person to date let alone several people. No point in dating more than one at a time. Take the time to get know that one person you are dating. They might just be the one you have been looking for.
Anyways, who has the time and energy to date more than 1 at a time? Most people work 40 plus hours a week, might have children, a home to take care of, activities, etc.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Most people have a hard enough time finding one person to date let alone several people.

Yeah, but he's "normiss"! That gives a guy options. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I started to post on this before, but I was such a minority opinion that I skipped it.

I'm with D Squared on this. If someone is interesting enough to go out with, explore the potential of that relationship. If it doesn't pan out, then move on. But if someone is interesting; treat them like they are interesting. If you are dating multiples at once, it sounds like you are substituting volume for quality. That is usually because you are looking for sex rather than a genuine relationship, isn't it?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

If you are dating multiples at once, it sounds like you are substituting volume for quality. That is usually because you are looking for sex rather than a genuine relationship, isn't it?

That's my favourite response so far :)
I've never dated much because I've never actively looked for someone. I've always felt that the probability of meeting the wrong person is highest when you spend time doing/saying things that aren't "you" at all.. Since I don't like "going out" that much, I figure dating = going out. Dating several people = *lots* of going out.

I prefer random meetings at the supermarket, on a holiday, at the park, etc. When you think that we're mostly creatures of habit, meeting someone compatible when you are just being yourself isn't so random, really.

Quality over quantity for me. I'd like to think I've got a lot to offer.. I don't want to give it away to just anyone ;):ph34r::ph34r:
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Agreed. It is something that makes your life more difficult for no reason that anyone can define. Avoid it if possible. :)
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I prefer random meetings at the supermarket, on a holiday, at the park, etc.

Random meetings at the park...

Be careful, a lot of famous people have been arrested
for that. :ph34r:

Oh shit.. My secret is out :$:ph34r::ph34r:
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

You lost me at "dating".
What is this "dating" of which you speak?
[:/]

Carbon dating in your case,,, ;)

[Laugh]
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I agree. It'a all about negociation too. When I met the current BF. I told him upfront. I'm selfish, a diva, I love sex, and I'm a horrible girlfriend.

He's still with me. Bah hahahaha:)

Is there an application to join the waiting list? :P
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Not necessarily. I've got no problem dating someone who I know won't ever be a serious relationship, as long as they're fun to hang out with and bring something to the table, (I'm not implying anything about sex there..). As long as everyone involved is on the same page, theres nothing wrong with dating more than one person at a time.