skydveraz

Do you want to be buried in a Walmart casket?

Commit my body to science, give the ashes to family or closest friends if I don't have a family by the time I die, let them decide what to do with it.

Hopefully they honor me by ash diving it, but I wouldn't be conscious to appreciate it so it don't matter.
Dropzones are terrible places for inspiration. What does one think when one looks up for a sign only to see a bunch of people falling?

no wait, i changed my mind. i dont want to be cremated. i want to be taxidermied!!! with a beer in one hand and my middle finger flipping off the world as my other hand.

whats the legalities on that one? anyone know??

or if all else fails, i want to be in the BODIES exhibit :)

Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

First time I hav seen a poll that is 33 percent all the way down!

I didn't think it would go this way either!!!
By the way, I'm saving my vote in case of a tie beaker!:PB|
And You??

I voted for cheap casket, IF I used a casket....but I won't be...Ashdive for sure!

I don't give a shit what happens to me when I'm dead. As long as it's whatever option that is least upsetting to my loved ones.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I'll take the taxidery option if it's legal. I want to be a real wind dummy, throw me out static line, that way I can keep jumping after I'm dead. If that doesn't work out they can either just kick the dirt back over me, or burn me.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I don't give a shit what happens to me when I'm dead. As long as it's whatever option that is least upsetting to my loved ones.

---------------------------------------------------------
Better give a shit. One of your love ones will
have the funeral director put that psychotic smile
on you while your in the box.:)

Personally I don't think your smile is psychotic.

Ashes would be cool... Plastic bag will be just fine for me, just don't tell me about it.

Hey can someone tell me if I have a signature line showing. I can't see it myself if it is there.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

And You??

I voted for cheap casket, IF I used a casket....but I won't be...Ashdive for sure!

Hey! How about a casket dive?!?........ You could plan it like a raft dive! I'm sure it'd be about the same. Get video.:)

And You??

Hey! How about a casket dive?!?........ You could plan it like a raft dive! I'm sure it'd be about the same. Get video.:)

That would be one hell of a crash when it hits. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Actually probably the other way around. The liner in contact with the body is particle board or cardboard covered in fabric. It goes in a fancy shell for viewing, and then is removed with the body for cremation or burial.

Here's your pine box. http://www.trappistcaskets.com/caskets/simple_shaped_pine.php[url]
[url]http://www.trappistcaskets.com/caskets/simple_shaped_pine.php

There are a lot of monastery caskets now. There used to be only one show up on a search.

I'm not sure I want to be cremated but a wooden casket and a concrete vault with holes in the bottom if required by the cemetary. I may make mine when retire and have some time.

If you want a casket like Walmart sells, no reason to not buy one from them. Save some of the mark up.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Donate organs to whoever needs them; Reduce, Reuse, Recycle ;) Burn the parts you can't use and throw it in an ashtray for all I care.

I understand the point of burying bodies in the ground to prevent them from stinking too bad, and the neighbor dogs from dragging you around everywhere; in ancient times, the underground body would just decompose after a few years. But seriously, the practice of mummifying your body as a whole, stuffing it inside a box, putting that inside another METAL box, that just lies stagnant in the earth for the next 3,000 years? :S It's a silly ritual that should have died with the Egyptian Pharaohs.

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

---------------------------------------------------------
Better give a shit. One of your love ones will
have the funeral director put that psychotic smile
on you while your in the box.:)

Personally I don't think your smile is psychotic.

So what if they do? I'm dead - what do I care?!

I personally think a funeral is for the benefit of the people who cared about the deceased.. If those people want to spread my ashes because it's therapeutic - I'm all for it. If they want an open casket because it helps them grieve - fine. If they want to feel like my organs are helping someone else - great. Whatever they want, I feel that it's their call - I'm dead.. it's not like it's going to be upsetting to me in any way!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Donate organs to whoever needs them; Reduce, Reuse, Recycle ;) Burn the parts you can't use and throw it in an ashtray for all I care.

I understand the point of burying bodies in the ground to prevent them from stinking too bad, and the neighbor dogs from dragging you around everywhere; in ancient times, the underground body would just decompose after a few years. But seriously, the practice of mummifying your body as a whole, stuffing it inside a box, putting that inside another METAL box, that just lies stagnant in the earth for the next 3,000 years? :S It's a silly ritual that should have died with the Egyptian Pharaohs.

You got that right. land is a valued resource that could be used in the production of food and not be destroyed with dead people under it. such a selfish act to bury yourself with a large metal box, in a yet larger cemet box and then covered with a quarryed stone all the while filled with chemicals that will end up in the area ground water source.
www.greenboxphotography.com

You got that right. land is a valued resource that could be used in the production of food and not be destroyed with dead people under it. such a selfish act to bury yourself with a large metal box, in a yet larger cemet box and then covered with a quarryed stone all the while filled with chemicals that will end up in the area ground water source.

We do need to bury a few people so future generations can dig us up and put our bones in museums... also they can sell our artifacts on eBay. Who are we to deny future 3rd graders a boring museum field trip?

I don't care, I'll be dead! Just cremate me anyway.

I read that there's a problem in England with finding enough room to bury everyone. They want people to share the same gravesite, but the Brits still have that old Victorian mindset that that would be icky. Wouldn't be a problem if they would just be cremated.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon