spindlee

What do you drive?

I love it, but I will admit that my first choice was a mini cooper convertable if it was more in my price range.

We bought my wife a Cooper Clubman. It is a super fun car.

I drive an 05 Avalanche. It's great for hauling all that gear back and forth from the DZ.

This thread has restored my faith in skydivers. It's refreshing to see that the majority still have their priorities straight and spend their money on jumping instead of fancy cars. Sadly I note the lack of "hippy vans" or conversion vans so common in the past. They were a great venue for "Safety Meetings" and made do as campers when necessity struck.

Good on y'all. Keep driving those POS and jumping with the "Man's" money.

jon
1996 GMC 3/4 ton
2000 Matrix
1956 C-180

I have to VWs both 1.8T's.
One Turbo Beetle Sport for the wife which i drive on week ends.
One Wolfsburgh Jetta that I drive every day.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

2001 Toyota RAV4 about to click 200k
2006 Mistubishi Lancer

If I hadn't acquired the damn Lancer I'd probably be rolling in the FJ.

Oh well... in 2 years I'm sure there will be a new car that catches my eye... hmmmm maybe a Tesla S lol

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Psssssssssssst you can afford a better vehicle;)

Yeah ... I like my lil' purple truck tho.' And it's something of a stubborn thing too - how long can I make the clutch last. :D

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Lets see:
03 Grand Am
01 Outback
99 Dodge diesel truck
92 Jeep Wrangler Modified for rock crawling in the Rubicon, Sierra Trek, or Moab plus other 4-wheel drive treks.
06 Suzuki Sv650s have to have the 2 wheels.

Geesh we have a used car lot:D But all is paid for except the motor cycle.

You create life, life does not create you.

1995 Ford Ranger

180k+ miles, still the original clutch.

Same with my '96, 180K+, and still on the same clutch.:)

I was waiting on a friend who was delayed a while back, 'bout the time GM & Chrysler were getting bail-outs, and a guy next to me at the restaurant's bar started chatting with me. As the conversation went on, when I mentioned my clutch and the miles on it, the guy came real close to calling me a liar or that I didn't understand the concept. (Since I would have to pay the bill, I would be cognizant if the clutch was replaced. :D) Didn't care enough to argue/not important. At the time it did make me wonder how unusual a clutch lastinh that long/many miles was tho'.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Our 1996 Mazda Protege's clutch has held up very well. The only time we had a problem was when I was trying to get home from work and ran into the 100-year flood where many roads were impassable, especially the interstate. Wound my way into a town in bumper to bumper traffic and saw vehicles ahead trying to navigate a flooded stretch of road one at a time along the center line, which was the high point of the road. The water was just about at the bottom of the doors. That's okay for some full size trucks, but not the little low cars. I made it through but then at the light, tried to go, and the car sputtered, but then caught on and I got going.

Got home. Next morning, got in the car to go to work. Started up fine. Could not budge the shifter. It was jammed in 1st gear. [:/] Later, after a complete transmission replacement, I was told that certain materials in the transmission, when water-logged, will warp and render it useless, IIRC.

No problems since. If you're smooth changing gears and not grinding them at all, and not stomping the gas to accelerate quickly through the gears, the clutch can last a long time.

Oh yeah, don't drive through water either. ;)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

At the time it did make me wonder how unusual a clutch lastinh that long/many miles was tho'.

Driving style and type of driving (i.e. highway or stop & go) play a greater role than mileage w/r/t clutch life.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!