ridestrong

You can't drive... so stay home!

The speed limit is the same for all lanes.

THIS IS MY FUCKING LANE AND I WILL GO THE SPEED LIMIT IF I WANT....

Passive agressive much???

Think about it.. most of the rest of the freeways are going faster than the posted limits in most places and that includes the cops.'

Driving standards have been found to have dropped since the implimentation of air bags and seat belts ...

These should be removed imediately and a fucking great spike fitted to the centre of the streeing wheel.

Every one would drive with a lot more care and attention then:)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Technically, yes. But, I think most drivers would agree that the left lane is for passing, or people wishing to drive faster than those in the other lanes.

Nope - not in a real country:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Think about it.. most of the rest of the freeways are going faster than the posted limits in most places and that includes the cops.'

I'll stick with the speed limit, thank you.
If you don't like it, go around me. :)
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Very true, but the posted speed limit seems to be a suggestion in some places, and a joke in others. (I would very strongly suggest not going the posted limit on I94 through downtown Chicago for example).

There are also laws in various states to "drive right, pass left" or for "Slower traffic keep right".

It all boils down to basic, common courtesy; paying attention to what's going on around you; and understanding that others have a right to the road also.

And to the OP - Yep, it's the first snow of the year, and everyone has forgotten that the white stuff makes the roads really slippery. Or they think that they are so special that the basic laws of physics don't apply to them.:S
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

If you don't like it, go around me. :)

Yeah... fuck that common courtesy thing.. let alone.. Keep right except to pass LAW.

No fucking wonder you hear about people shooting others in traffic down there.

The problem is that common courtesy is not that common any more:(

From what I have read, the inability to grasp the concept of the passing lane, is a distinctly 'Murkin thing.
Be happy you drive in Europe.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

While perhaps 'skewed' to some this short article titled, "Lane Courtesy: But I'm Driving The Speed Limit" by the National Motorist Association is to the "T" in this thread.

http://www.motorists.org/lanecourtesy/home/but-im-driving-the-speed-limit/
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

The problem is that common courtesy is not that common any more:(

From what I have read, the inability to grasp the concept of the passing lane, is a distinctly 'Murkin thing.
Be happy you drive in Europe.

In this state they mean it, and if you are in the far left lane with an 18 wheeler... or towing something, or impeding traffic you will get a ticket.

If you are on a two lane road and are impeding traffic with more than 5 cars behind you and you do not use the pull out lanes or just pull to the shoulder to allow traffic to pass..... its a ticket. If you can;t figure out common courtesy the State Patrol and County Sherriff's will help you with that.

While perhaps 'skewed' to some this short article titled, "Lane Courtesy: But I'm Driving The Speed Limit" by the National Motorist Association is to the "T" in this thread.

http://www.motorists.org/lanecourtesy/home/but-im-driving-the-speed-limit/

Apparently, the "keep right" rule is also part of the US Uniform Vehicle Code:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passing_lane#Misuse_and_common_practice
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

"The bottom line is that no valid purpose is served by blocking the left lane when other vehicles wish to pass. Let the police sort out the reckless and irresponsible drivers."

That says it perfectly. Unfortunately, many people do not grasp this concept. Bottom line: Doing 65mph in the left lane is not only dick-ish, but also dangerous. Get off your high horse, and move over.

Better to be on Otter Lift 3 than Medivac 1

If you think that way you better quit skydiving...

Better not take the chance...Wuss
If hyou think your way stay off of my loads %^^^er:|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The only thing I hate worse than people who won't get out of my way is people who want me to get out of theirs.

I consider it a failure of my driving skills to not notice someone coming up behind me early enough to move out of their way (traffic permitting) so that they do not have to slow down.

The only thing I hate worse than people who won't get out of my way is people who want me to get out of theirs.

I consider it a failure of my driving skills to not notice someone coming up behind me early enough to move out of their way (traffic permitting) so that they do not have to slow down.

Holy Crap!!!!

Common Sense and Common Courtesy!:o:o

And at the same time!!:o:o:P

You do realize that you have no business behind the wheel anywhere in North America, right?:)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

If you don't like it, go around me

I want to.....on the left in the passing lane. If you're uncomfortable traveling at highway speeds, I applaud your choice to stick to the surface streets. I live in the mountains-When my wife and I are taking a pleasure drive, I use the pull offs to allow others to pass. Just because I've got time and nowhere to be doesn't mean that the folks behind me do.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Now I drive just over the speed limit. :) 10-15 mph which is the flow of traffic and if some is hauling ass behind me then they are driving over a 100mph and need to slow the F down.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

The carpool and "fast lanes" are there for people going a long distance and won't be exiting any time soon. They aren't for speeding.

Ride my ass and I'll slam on my brakes!

And when you slam on those brakes, and the idiot behind you doesn't notice in time, and it causes a multi-car accident with a fatality, how will you feel then? His riding your ass is wrong no doubt. But a deliberate decision to slam on one's brakes in busy traffic is just plain nuts. Is your anger at him worth the risk of a huge accident, and someone even dying?

If someone crowds you a bit in approaching a big way, are you going to take him out too, resulting in both of you funneling the formation base?
Tom B

People "riding my Arse" - just plain dangerous and rude. They should learn some manners and how to drive ..... Stay 2 seconds or more away.

I have no idea where you drive, but if you do that near any of the large American cities I have lived in, four or five cars enter the space between you and the car in front of you. Since they always agressively fill that space, it is simply impossible to stay two seconds away from the car in front of you. All that happens if you try is a whole lot of dangerous lane changing by others, and no two second interval whatsoever.
Tom B