Nataly

Shame.. No chemistry..

As tall as your goofy ass is, yeti-man you really don't have to wait until I'm down to kick me.

If I wuz gonna kick at ya, I woulda said something like~
You can't expect to land a big fish using that little 'pocket fisherman' ya got! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Just because she doesn't feel like fucking him doesn't automatically make him a "good guy."

I never said she had to have sex with the guy, I just agree with divot's words.

I dislike when women gripe about there not being any good guys, this and that, but then you find the places they are looking are the places where scum hang out, or that they don't really want a good guy, that they like being treated like crap.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

I dislike when women gripe about there not being any good guys, this and that, but then you find the places they are looking are the places where scum hang out, or that they don't really want a good guy, that they like being treated like crap.

That's total BS. You can be a guy, have a spine, and still be nice.

That's total BS. You can be a guy, have a spine, and still be nice.

where did I say that you couldn't?
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Just because she doesn't feel like fucking him doesn't automatically make him a "good guy."

I never said she had to have sex with the guy, I just agree with divot's words.

Maybe I missed the part where a lady has griped about there not being any good guys in this thread. Divots post and the rally around it seems out of place here.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

a lady has griped about there not being any good guys

Either she has, or she will. It was a preemptive observation based on many years of seeing it happen.

Well, that has not been my experience. With only one exception, I've dated some GREAT guys. The single most powerful thing that attracted me to my ex was that he was so very, very nice. I don't want to be treated like crap - I've never been attracted to jerks.

I don't think there is a lack of good guys.. But it's hard (for anyone) to find a good match. It's an entirely different thing.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Good luck, chica. I don't think you should ever settle. I think someone will come along, when you least expect it, and maybe he'll be your usual type or maybe he'll be completely opposite of your usual preference, but there will be absolutely no denying the feeling in the pit of your stomach that's screaming to you "this guy is worth it".

And if he's a whuffo, so what. :$

Always be kinder than you feel.

Good luck, chica. I don't think you should ever settle. I think someone will come along, when you least expect it, and maybe he'll be your usual type or maybe he'll be completely opposite of your usual preference, but there will be absolutely no denying the feeling in the pit of your stomach that's screaming to you "this guy is worth it".

And if he's a whuffo, so what. :$

I don't know if she likes nice guys or not....still on the fence about it ;)

Nataly!!!...... date Divot...

My wife would have a problem with that, she's funny that way:)
But, in the Nice Guy bucket, Nataly blows off this perfectly nice guy that evidently has a thing for her. I'm an over the hill, butt ugly jackass with a beautiful wife who adores me:S
I'm glad life isn't fair

Note that I did not just blow him off.. I'm just personally disappointed that I didn't feel any chemistry because he's so much fun. I *want* there to be chemistry, but you can't force these things.. That being said, I haven't written him off, but equally, I don't want to lead him on..

It's just a bit tricky. I want to see him again, but I have to be honest with myself (and him) that if no chemistry develops it's just not gonna happen.. I'm reluctant to go down the "just friends" route, because it's been my experience that this is just a bad situation, period.

So yeah.. Not sure what the next move should be, really. Open to suggestions, though :)
Did you remember to shave your legs before the date?
:D

Sometimes it just takes time to develop the chemistry. Look at me. My wife thought I was a dork when we first met. It took a long while but she eventually took some interest, found out I skydived, did a couple tandems, then fell in love with me while dancing at a friend's wedding party.

Just that not all relationships can be realized right off the bat. Go out with that guy again.

Yeah but OTOH, sometimes there IS instant chemistry that's real and undeniable...B|

I met my wife at an airshow performer party, while we were being introduced we made some serious eye contact, as she was reaching out to shake my hand she ask...Did you just feel that? :)

YES, I had! :$

...we've been together since that night, almost 20 years ago.

Sure you can 'learn to like' and hope something worthwhile and meaningful comes of it...but I think most women are pretty perceptive when it comes to matters of the heart, they can tell pretty quick if a new recruit has the basic materials.

If they don't get that read fairly early on then it's best to just release the small fry and bait the trap again...more often than not failure is imminent because of the self fulfilling prophecy from the initial assessment. Bait trap? Don't you mean pick up the trident? or Rearm the Harpoon? ;)

90% of the determinant to a good date occurs prior to the date.
It starts at "Hey" and goes from there.
In under a few minutes the woman has figured out if she's going to get funky with you.
In this case she had made her mind up about not getting funky with him prior to the date.
Now unless the guy shows up at her house in a new Astin Martin......the poor boy is just not going to get past the pearly gates.
I feel for the guy but I'm sure he will live.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

It's true what they say,,, that "still waters run deep", and it's more about what is inside...
than what is outside...( although Chemistry IS important...)

Sorry but in referring to Divot with that is.. well

Still....bwahahahahahah
Deep... dependson the jug

Yeah that gets inside..and you FEEEEEEL the burn...

Speaking of chemistry.....bwahahahahahahahaha

Yeah but OTOH, sometimes there IS instant chemistry that's real and undeniable...B|

I met my wife at an airshow performer party, while we were being introduced we made some serious eye contact, as she was reaching out to shake my hand she ask...Did you just feel that? :)

YES, I had! :$

...we've been together since that night, almost 20 years ago.

While this is a charming story, my contacts on the pyro team said it was probably the Nachos.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

a lady has griped about there not being any good guys

Well, that has not been my experience. With only one exception, I've dated some GREAT guys. The single most powerful thing that attracted me to my ex was that he was so very, very nice. I don't want to be treated like crap - I've never been attracted to jerks.

I don't think there is a lack of good guys.. But it's hard (for anyone) to find a good match. It's an entirely different thing.

It's been mathematically proven that moving to London certainly didn't make it any easier for you:

Why dating is difficult in New York or London

B|

It's been mathematically proven that moving to London certainly didn't make it any easier for you:

B|

Wow.. 369 men.. I have a LOOOOONG way to go [:/]:(:S
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

B|

Wow.. 369 men.. I have a LOOOOONG way to go [:/]:(:S

What are you complaining about? That's a year's worth of dinners.

Dunno.. There is something mildly depressing about the idea that there is so much choice that statistically you are just one among thousands of people who might be a suitable mate.. Like you, as an individual, are totally devalued on the basis that out there, just around the corner, there is someone *better*.. [:/] Not sure how true this is in practice.. But the fact that there are so many singles in London.. Well.. It kind of supports the theory..
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

next time you ask "Where are the good guys? Why can't I find a man that treats me well?" Remember this one you just pissed away.

Nice guys finish last.

You FALL in lust-you GROW to love.

Perfect observation and reply. My current ( and hopefully last & forever) girlfriend and I were just friends for several years before things just kinda flowed into a committed relationship.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

I hear this from guys all the time and I think it's such BS! Needs a thread all it's own. No woman goes after a guy who treats her like crap, and no guy gets a girl by treating her like crap. That's just an excuse some men use to delude themselves. If she's not into you, she's not into you.

I recently came across a thread on my bf's car forum that some guy started bec. he dated this girl a few times and didn't get any further than "let's just be friends". He described himself as a "nice guy".

I was actually stunned at the venom that was directed towards women from the men on the forum (the majority of whom alluded to violence towards women as the solution. Supposed to be "jokes" of course). In fact the title of the thread was "Women are so stupid".

I do agree that there are some women who have a hard time leaving a bad relationship, usually after investing their time and emotion, but that certainly does not describe the majority.
All your dropzone are belong to us