Nataly

Shame.. No chemistry..

Beautiful women have an aroma about them.

It's Oleoresin Capsicum.

Edited for a spelling typo...

I've heard that even causes some men to cry after sex.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Beautiful women have an aroma about them.

It's Oleoresin Capsicum.

Edited for a spelling typo...

I've heard that even causes some men to cry after sex.[:/]

Oh flaming judas! I have one little typo.....;)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Oh flaming judas! I have one little typo.....;)

and it completely changes the meaning of your sentence... ;) so... :P

OK ok ok ok....:S
but you know where I'm coming from.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

OK ok ok ok....:S
but you know where I'm coming from.

Oh, I know what you are saying... and what you intended in your original post... I'm just giving you grief...

mostly because I love a good double entendre...:D:P

I do realize what you said was not exactly a double entendre but it did two meanings... ;)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

This thread makes me wonder ...

Define "chemistry" how it means to you.
Because I'm willing to bet the guy would say "yeah, we had great chemistry."

But as was posted earlier, you did go into the date with the presupposition that he wasn't right for you, whether you intended to or not.

And as was also posted earlier, love grows. Sometimes it grows out of a crush, or instant-chemistry, or omg-he's-so-hot, but sometimes it doesn't. And relying on that feeling can be bad, because you can easily end up with someone who's completely not right for you, but with whom you have "chemistry." I've been in both situations: involved with someone with chemistry, but not compatible, and involved with someone with no chemistry, but with whom i fell in love after a while of dating.

So ... what exactly is "chemistry" to you, and why is it so important to find so early in the dating process?
Brian

So ... what exactly is "chemistry" to you, and why is it so important to find so early in the dating process?

Hmm.. Well.. It's a hard thing to define.. I guess you could say I didn't feel compelled to go on another date with him in the romantic sense of the word, but he was fun to "hang-out" with.. Dunno..

And it's not important to find chemistry after just one date, but the surprise was that I had A LOT of fun on the date and yet no chemistry.. If the date had been ordinary, it wouldn't have been surprising to have neutral/platonic reaction to the guy.

That's all.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Chemistry or not can usually be determined in the first few hours of meeting someone. IMO it consists mainly of sharing non-verbal mannerisms such as: a touch on the leg or small of the back, detecting the other persons facial expressions and body language and the appropriate reaction, eye contact,... etc.

I have realized that eye contact (especially when made the first time) is key. If a guy breaks eye contact first it is a sign of weakness or insecurity and women will pick up on it immediately. If she maintains eye contact with you for more than a couple seconds before looking away she is likely interested, and you will have more confidence going in knowing so.

As far as smell, I have never given a girl a second date just cause she smelt good, but smelling bad alone would also prob not get a second date. Either way it's definitely way down on my list.

Nataly, if the chemistry wasn't there don't give him a second shot. If you're not sure then why not.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

Chemistry or not can usually be determined in the first few hours of meeting someone. IMO it consists mainly of sharing non-verbal mannerisms such as: a touch on the leg or small of the back, detecting the other persons facial expressions and body language and the appropriate reaction, eye contact,... etc.

True, up to a point. But that's when compatibility of personalities, values, etc. comes into play. I remember being at a party once and talking to a woman who was very attractive, charming, engaging, etc. Then, out of the blue, she said something really racist, and meant it. It was like getting a bucket of ice dumped down my pants. End of story.

Then, out of the blue, she said something really racist, and meant it. It was like getting a bucket of ice dumped down my pants.
Oh brother I can so relate to that.
I don't look Persian...though I drink and party like one.
And every one either calls me Shah or Sean.
So people have no clue where I'm from. And some of the things they tell me.....wow!

I remember being at a party once and talking to a woman who was very attractive, charming, engaging, etc. Then, out of the blue, she said something really racist, and meant it. It was like getting a bucket of ice dumped down my pants. End of story.

Haha... true! that's never good.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----