SkyBastard

Single..

Maybe I'm too idealistic and too optimistic.
And apparently that's enough to get some to be upset.

Try forcefully opinionated. ;)

I'll take that. :)And how about the challenge.
Up for it?
This week. About turning the tables on social norms.
Up for it?

Ummm...he's a d00d. [:/]

...don't let the lace thongs fool ya!
:P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Personal opinion....it's easier to be single as a girl then a guy.

50% of the population is female, the other half is guys. I don't see how single chicks have it easier than single guys or how women can "magically" find a guy any more than a man can't just run out and find a girl if he really just puts effort into it.

A lot of good points here MarkM.. Shah - your premise that women just need to walk up to any random guy still works on the basis that we are after "looks" and are just looking to "hook up". I think there is a *reason* why if you ask 100 women what they want in a man that like 90% of them will say personality/sense of humour.. Could it be that it's the truth??!! I don't think it's any big secret that men are generally attracted to beautiful women, and women generally like guys with charisma.. I know this is a generalisation, but all I'm trying to illustrate is that character, like beauty, is a rare trait. So it's difficult for either sex to be able to claim that they have a harder time than the other when it comes to finding a good partner - it's a bit like comparing apples and oranges..

You could easily come up with tons of counter-argument to say that *women* have a harder time than men, but it would be difficult to actually prove that either gender has it better/worse.. The fact is that it *must* be difficult for both genders, because there are plenty of people from BOTH sexes who are single and not happy about it..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I'm sorry I did not know.
My bad.
But wouldn't it be great! :)Ladies, do you think you have the guts to do it?
And if so, can you come back and let us know how it went? :)
And Nat has chickened out......:|
Nat....come on! Don't chicken out!
Prove me wrong, prove me wrong in that being single for a girl is "hard" and full of potential rejection. Find a guy any guy who sparks your interest, walk up and introduce your self.

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

>Men out number women on the forums by what appears to be 10 to 1.
>The remaining 9 women are all on overstock.com waiting for the pair of
>designer purple pumps to be reduced in price.

I have this mental image of a post in a jazz forum somewhere, where a woman is posting "women outnumber men here by 10 to 1, and the other 9 guys are sitting on the couch watching a football game drinking Bud Light and farting."

>Personal opinion....it's easier to be single as a girl then a guy.

I can think of a lot of ways in which it's easier to be a single guy.

I'm sure to get a beating over this (especially after my post in the name the Rack thread)....

I find Shah Intriguing. I also find his post's (not all) quite refreshing, and funny at times. Yes, his post's can be quirky, and they sometimes seem a bit neanderthal in nature, but he (in his mind) is honest and truthful with his thoughts.

They are just generalizations, he doesn't directly attack anyone... Why is it so hard to just enjoy his uniqueness vs. everyone attacking him.

I would actually like to meet Shah one day and enjoy some friendly banter with him.

B|

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Shah,

Girls,
If you haven't already done this, go up to a guy you think is attractive, physically or otherwise and introduce yourself.

You know, If one woman does this they may think you're crazy.
But if Two, can you imagine if TWO women did this. Well, they may think your gay.
But if THREE WOMEN DID THIS, well they'd call it a movement. (paraphrased from a famous holiday song. 3 pts if you know which one)

The prosecutor looked at those hundreds of 8X10 color glossy photos; each one with circles and arrows on it and a paragraph on the back explaining what it was about - then he looked at the Judge's seeing eye dog....

Chorus - You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant...
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Prove me wrong, prove me wrong in that being single for a girl is "hard" and full of potential rejection. Find a guy any guy who sparks your interest, walk up and introduce your self.

Um.. Hello?? I've been actively seeking men out for the last few months and have so far had a pretty terrible time. And you're *wrong* in saying that guys will just say yes to a girl.. I've taken the initiative countless times on Match.com, and many of my messages haven't gotten any response at all.. And it's not like I'm ugly!!

Chicken?? I don't fucking think so!!! :D:D:D

Edit to say: And I will have you know that I have been rejected *plenty* of times in real life as well :D:D:D:P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I have this mental image of a post in a jazz forum somewhere, where a woman is posting "women outnumber men here by 10 to 1, and the other 9 guys are sitting on the couch watching a football game drinking Bud Light and farting."

I used to have an interest in owning a horse at one point so I'd read the horseback forums for Florida. In one forum the women there were lamenting that there's no men in the sport, outside of the business side of it. So yeah, that definitely happens.

+1
I've always seen Shah as light hearted and funny...[:/] don't know why people take him so seriously. I don't think he takes himself very seriously.

I think he's interesting and funny as well.. But he's still fucking *wrong*!!! :P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I'm sure to get a beating over this (especially after my post in the name the Rack thread)....

I find Shah Intriguing. I also find his post's (not all) quite refreshing, and funny at times. Yes, his post's can be quirky, and they sometimes seem a bit neanderthal in nature, but he (in his mind) is honest and truthful with his thoughts.

They are just generalizations, he doesn't directly attack anyone... Why is it so hard to just enjoy his uniqueness vs. everyone attacking him.

I would actually like to meet Shah one day and enjoy some friendly banter with him.

B|

g

I think he's funny and brings a unique perspective even if he does think I'm a chick... :P

When I said forcefully opnionated, I mean he tends to repeat his opinion multiple times versus just saying what he thinks and letting others agree/disagree.

I'd have a beer or two with him. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Edit to say: And I will have you know that I have been rejected *plenty* of times in real life as well :D:D:D:P

I keep tellin' ya;
I don't care how good they look, it's a waste of time hitting on guys in a gay bar.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I keep tellin' ya;
I don't care how good they look, it's a waste of time hitting on guys in a gay bar.:S

Oh shit.. Busted. :ph34r::ph34r::)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Um.. Hello?? I've been actively seeking men out for the last few months and have so far had a pretty terrible time. And you're *wrong* in saying that guys will just say yes to a girl.. I've taken the initiative countless times on Match.com, and many of my messages haven't gotten any response at all.. And it's not like I'm ugly!!

Chicken?? I don't fucking think so!!! :D:D:D

Well in all fairness whenever I get a message from a good looking girl on a social or dating site, it's usually spam... It has got to the point where I don't reply unless I approached them first.
"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

From another thread:

Just lower your standards some. Those middle age guys that still live with their mom you at least know they get along with their family to a point. Homeless people are extremely independent.

Stop focusing on the negative. He doesn't have sores on 35% of his body, 65% of his body is sore free.

:P

I think he's funny and brings a unique perspective even if he does think I'm a chick...

&

I'd have a beer or two with him.

Yeah...we all know where THAT would end up!

Him pickin' up the check, you tellin' him to call...And then never answering.

You downloading for public enjoyment humiliation, his late night booty beggin' on yer voicemail. . .[:/]

I'm sorry Bolas...I just felt an obligation to cock-block this thing, before you break another heart! :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I think he's funny and brings a unique perspective even if he does think I'm a chick...

&

I'd have a beer or two with him.

Yeah...we all know where THAT would end up!

Him pickin' up the check, you tellin' him to call...And then never answering.

You downloading for public enjoyment humiliation, his late night booty beggin' on yer voicemail. . .[:/]

I'm sorry Bolas...I just felt an obligation to cock-block this thing, before you break another heart! :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Are you channelling Divot?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My bad.

Your posts do indeed make sense. It would be much more efficient if the girl made the first move. We're guys, we're easy...none of us would turn down a girl making the first move. (Whomever disagrees has a small penis.)

>"They are just generalizations........."

wow G
you are one of the coolest people:)
At my DZ there was a short film titled Freefly made by one of the instructors- there was a chapter called "Land of misfits" -"....where everyone is loved and accepted"

and I thought dayam thats why I feel so good about skydiving and this place, it's a freekin oasis from the sometimes closed minded and judgmental outside world,where we can be our freaky selves. I should post the vid somewhere here but I don't have permission.

fuck- if we don't "get" each other here then where else is there?:)
on the other hand ragging on people is fun too.:)

Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

My bad.

Your posts do indeed make sense. It would be much more efficient if the girl made the first move. We're guys, we're easy...none of us would turn down a girl making the first move. (Whomever disagrees has a small penis.)

I disagree - are you saying I have a small penis??!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss