Gawain

The USAF is Obviously Upgrading its Capabilities!

Training for AN-2s to begin!!

The requested contract is out for proposal!!

Edwards AFB, landing spot for the Shuttle, Dreyden Flight Research Center, 412th Test Wing...and now, the upcoming fleet of xxx AN-2 Tactical Wing...:D:D:DB|B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I can't, at this moment, think of much of anything more redundant than landing an AN-2 at KSC’s Shuttle Landing Facility. :D

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

I can't, at this moment, think of much of anything more redundant than landing an AN-2 at KSC’s Shuttle Landing Facility. :D

Clearly an AN-2 needs all 15024 feet of runway 04R/22L.... :P:D:D
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Clearly an AN-2 needs all 15024 feet of runway 04R/22L.... :P:D:D

If Toyota built the AN-2 it would. :P
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Trivia question: What is the stall speed of the AN-2?

It doesn't.

A note from the pilot's handbook reads: "If the engine quits in instrument conditions (blind flying when you can't see the ground) or at night, the pilot should pull the control column full aft (it won't stall) and keep the wings level. The leading-edge slats will snap out at about 64 km/h (40 mph), and when the airplane slows to a forward speed of about 40 km/h (25 mph), the airplane will sink at about a parachute descent rate until the aircraft hits the ground."

Trivia question: What is the stall speed of the AN-2?

It doesn't.

A note from the pilot's handbook reads: "If the engine quits in instrument conditions (blind flying when you can't see the ground) or at night, the pilot should pull the control column full aft (it won't stall) and keep the wings level. The leading-edge slats will snap out at about 64 km/h (40 mph), and when the airplane slows to a forward speed of about 40 km/h (25 mph), the airplane will sink at about a parachute descent rate until the aircraft hits the ground."

WOW...No shit?

Edwards AFB, landing spot for the Shuttle, Dreyden Flight Research Center, 412th Test Wing...and now, the upcoming fleet of xxx AN-2 Tactical Wing...:D:D:DB|B|

Why not! We're probably going to be using their spaceships for a while. May as well use their antiques, too.

Maybe they could start training our pilots like wanted to train them back in the 1970's... hell we gave them a full day of parachute training.. but they did not jump..

They could do this to em there at Fairchild AFB.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLOQ0ra6fr0

It doesn't.

Hey, that sounds like fun!:D
Now where can I borrow one?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It doesn't.

There is one at Snohomish, Harvey Field

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=snohomish+WA&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.826758,84.023438&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Snohomish,+Washington&ll=47.903992,-122.100213&spn=0.001005,0.002564&t=h&z=19

And another one at Paine Field at the Boeing restoration bldg for the Museum of Flight

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=snohomish+WA&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.826758,84.023438&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Snohomish,+Washington&ll=47.908689,-122.27327&spn=0.001005,0.002564&t=h&z=19

plenty of them in Eastern Europe .

Search on Youtube, there is a "backwards flying" video, it's an An2 doing a slow flight demo in high winds.....
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

There is one at Snohomish, Harvey Field

"Hmm, ze satellite photos show zey haf AN-2's based at Harvey. Ve must schtrike before zeir skydiving is stronger zan ours, ja.":P

General "Buck" Turgidson: "Mr. President, we must not allow a mineshaft skydiving gap!"

I suspect that this contract has more to do with the USAF teaching friendly foreign air forces (Kazacstan, Uzbecistan, Kygristan, etc.) how to fly AN-2s, because that is all they can afford.

Mind you, local pilots will probably laugh at USAF, "high-tech", IFR-intensive approaches to flying when all they ever expect to fly is low-tech AN-2s!
Hah!
Hah!

I see one at the Edwards AFB test piolts school every once in a while. cool plane , Edwaeds was testing the L -39 for a low cost jet for the school, it didn't make it, there still using 25 yo, F-16s and hand me downs.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,