Squeak

Rider Perception Tests

18/20 on the road signs test. Only one that threw me was the arrow with two 90 degree bends in it. I've seen a different sign than that one for slippery roads ahead.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

19/20. The one that threw me was the pedestrian graphic; and 2 of the choices were "pedestrian crossing" (which means "right now!") and "pedestrian area ahead" (which I guess means "real soon! - but not quite yet") :S Damn trick questions.

On the sign test 18/20 b/c I looked away and missed to image but that was easy at medium speed, The other test for collision avoidance is interesting at best, appearantly I should be flashing my lights all the time and "coveing my controls". I see that causing more harm then good. It's not that hard to drive, pay attention if you need to slow down go ahead but no need to constantly panic when you see a car in the turning lane.
Travis Roy Foundation. At very least its a tax write off

"covering my controls". I see that causing more harm than good.

When I took driver's ed in HS, we were taught to "cover" our brake pedal and/or horn (especially brake pedal) at certain times. The idea is to shave a few fractions of a second off the reaction time if you have to suddenly brake (or beep to warn someone, etc.). It's a good technique I've used ever since; and 30 years later, I taught it to my own kids.

I got a perfect score on both tests. Do I win a cookie?

i should friggin hope so Osifer Tackleberry:D:D
Ya cant impose the law if'n ya dont know it:P:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

No, but I bet if you tell the next cop that pulls you over how well you did on the tests, he will let you off with just a warning:)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

No, but I bet if you tell the next cop that pulls you over how well you did on the tests, he will let you off with just a warning:)

Umm he'll just flash his badge and say HI Jim (or joe or pete or whom ever):D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

When I took driver's ed in HS, we were taught to "cover" our brake pedal and/or horn (especially brake pedal) at certain times. The idea is to shave a few fractions of a second off the reaction time if you have to suddenly brake (or beep to warn someone, etc.). It's a good technique I've used ever since; and 30 years later, I taught it to my own kids.

I was driving at age 14 before drivers ed with a learners permit. We had an automatic. My dad taught me, right foot on gas, left foot on brake. So absolute fastest reaction. Well, I drove that way for months, then took drivers ed and my instructor took points off every time I did it. He said that is how people end up hitting the wrong pedal and floor it when they want to stop. My rhetort of, "No, that's how idiots floor it when they want to stop" didn't thrill him either. So I basically had to unlearn the habit to pass. Now I got a stick though, so my left foot won't get lazy.

I was driving at age 14 before drivers ed with a learners permit. We had an automatic. My dad taught me, right foot on gas, left foot on brake. So absolute fastest reaction. Well, I drove that way for months, then took drivers ed and my instructor took points off every time I did it. He said that is how people end up hitting the wrong pedal and floor it when they want to stop. My rhetort of, "No, that's how idiots floor it when they want to stop" didn't thrill him either. So I basically had to unlearn the habit to pass. Now I got a stick though, so my left foot won't get lazy.

I agree 100 percent.(with the instructor)..VERY dangerous way to drive!

Just to clarify, the proper way to cover the brake is not with the left foot, but to take the right foot off the accelerator pedal and use it to cover the brake pedal. That's the way we were taught in driver ed, and that's how I taught my own kids.

Now I got a stick though, so my left foot won't get lazy.

Just to clarify, the proper way to cover the brake is not with the left foot, but to take the right foot off the accelerator pedal and use it to cover the brake pedal. That's the way we were taught in driver ed, and that's how I taught my own kids.

I'm glad someone said that.. But I'm hoping he meant that he uses his left foot to change gears..
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Now I got a stick though, so my left foot won't get lazy.

I'm glad someone said that.. But I'm hoping he meant that he uses his left foot to change gears..

I think he's referring to a car, not a bike (left foot runs the clutch, right does brake and gas)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo