swoopfly

Bad relationships

If it will never work, then you OWE her the decency to end it. Hanging on for the sake of old times is bullshit.

There's the answer.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How do you let someone go that you love, because you know it will never work????

Untie her. Leave the locks undone. Move out of state. In that order
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

How do you love someone but not want to be with them?

Easy. When the person you love becomes somebody you don't want to hang out with. Or when the person you love isn't willing to make a commitment and you want one. Or when the person you love has completely different values and hopes for the future and you know those will conflict with yours.

Or all of the above.

If it will never work, then you OWE her the decency to end it. Hanging on for the sake of old times is bullshit.

But for how long? What about hanging on for the future? Just curious what others think?
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

My smart ass side is telling me to for you to tell this person that you want a threesome.
In which case if they say yes....well she's a keeper!

The more Zen side of my brain is telling me that I should tell you to be honest.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Be honest but do it quickly. Stretching it out is not doing her any favors and is just making it torturous to you. Tear it off all at once like a bandaid. Get it over with.

Then cut off contact, at least for a short while. Don't go back. Things won't change.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Be honest but do it quickly. Stretching it out is not doing her any favors and is just making it torturous to you. Tear it off all at once like a bandaid. Get it over with.

Then cut off contact, at least for a short while. Don't go back. Things won't change.

Yep. Always best to cut off contact when you rip that bandaid off. Its so much harder to deal with when youre trying to pretend everything is hunky dory now that youre just friends. Dont bullshit yourself.