Squeak

weekend numbers April 10/11th 2010

:):6:2

1st Antenna :)
1st time being kicked out of a dz ... [:/]

I guess when you get banned from the drop zone, you don't owe the beer? :S
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

0:10:1

I successfully completed my Rigging Practical Test and am now a Senior Rigger - Back... B|

we had an otter in town for the weekend at the dz... and it turned out to be the exact plane I learned out of a bit over 6 years ago... this weekend I did a variety of Camera flying jumps... will probably add a few pictures later... a few tandem videos, some RW videos...

The most interesting jump of the weekend was the last one... it was planned as a 10 way speedstar (of sorts...) but at about 9000 feet on the plane ride up... I noticed something unpleasant near the door of the plane...

It appeared as though quite a bit of fuel was spraying on the door and it was getting quite damp (with AVGAS)...

This was the interaction that resulted at this point...

Me: "Hey, Tell the pilot that there's a bunch of fuel comming back here..."
Jumper near the front: "The pilot doesn't seem to care..."
Me (starting to get a bit more upset): "Tell him it's a lot of fuel!! It looks like the gas cap isn't secured..."
Jumper from the front: "How much fuel?"
Me: "It's A F*CKIN $H*TLOAD of fuel!!!"

needless to say we changed our dive plan and instead of me climbing out of the step and launching a 3-way base we had initially planned we decided to jump just jump out single file... since none of use wanted to stand in the spray of fuel... (for good reason...)

other then that... it wasn't a bad weekend... I am sore as it's our first real weekend back into the fray...

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

:)17 jumps... 16 4-way video jumps, and 1, 3-way with two younger jumpers.
It was tough, but I survived. We had an otter from Chicago. The camera step was about a half a foot to far away. I had to stretch as far as I could and make a leap and hope that I caught the bar and step. I sucessfully did it... 16 times... by the time I made it, the 4-way was doing their count and off I went.
I am ready for the season to start and ready for our Caravan back.

0:7:0

Got my 99th jump, but had to ground myself after my first freefall on Sunday clogged up both ears to the point of not being able to hear. NOTE TO SELF: DON'T JUMP WITH A COLD.

~Gav
Life doesn't need reasons, just participants.

D.S.#21