Squeak

Weekend Numbers April 17-18th 2010

:|:8::|

8 jumps

7 freefly jumps
1 AFF 2 jump as a student,
A few friends are getting their AFF Instructor ratings and i got to be a student on one jump, that was cool weird and slightly un-nerving. playing a dumb student on student gear and not doing the things i have been doing as my pre-jump checks for over a thousand jumps :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

0:0:0:(

Got my wisdom teeth pulled. Gotta make up for it next weekend.

When I got mine pulled, my girlfriend bought me a box of peanut brittle.

Anyway, got 5 in on Saturday at Deland, all out of the rocket-box
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

4:0:D

Four hours in the Paraclete XP wind tunnel in Raeford. :D owed for my first time in that tunnel. Also visited the DZ but since I didn't jump there, I don't owe beer yet (though I did enjoy quite a bit of SkymonkeyONE's beer... thanks, Chuckie, and thanks for welcoming me into Team Teamroom!). Finally got to meet slotperfect in person - yet more data to prove out my theory that the greenies aren't actually bots created in Sangiro's lab, but might be real people after all.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

1 hour:1:0

Spent an hour last night playing rhythm on the guitar while friends jammed over me on mandolin and flute. Good fun!

One jump - a two way with my favorite skydiver. Peeled a two way off the door, geeked the camera guy in the door hard enough that I forgot all about presenting to the relative wind, did some tracking and back tracking, got fruitlooped, fruitlooped him, sweet opening, kicked my legs at him as he flew by under canopy, and I didn't screw up my landing.

Yay for 70 degrees on the ground! B|

:(:11:0

Saturday got in one FF and then sucked into doing a coach jump. The kid then did 3 more with me. Between the packing, dive flows, jump, video debreif, I spent almost my whole day on MY BELLY!wtf!!

Today the weather was shit with low clouds, sputtering rain, some sleet up high, and only 4 of us at the DZ so...............

We set up a swoop lane of cones and did 4K hop n pops until we were tired. 6 of them for me.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Woo Hoo!!!

Finally got my ass in the sky this year!

Got on the first load of the season too.

One high H&P to remember how the canopy handles.

One 3way that didn't go quite as planned.
But I was able to get down to another guy who sank out better than I usually do:)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

:(:5:0

Great weekend. Made four fun jumps (put out some students on the way up) and then put out a student on a Cat D that was just phenomenal. I still can't believe they pay me to have this much fun! Went on a tracking jump for one of our jumpers 100th jump and had a great time. Way too much fun!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

:)
HUMPS : YES
JUMPS : 2 wingsuit jumps with nice cloud chasing
Beer : nothing owed, but drank a couple

Officialization of the creation of our new skydiving club, operating 3 minutes from home :)
Celebrating the 4 years of my Cypres save

Having a drink (or more) and lots of thoughts for my rigger and friend who left us 4 years ago.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

:( : :(: 1

No jumping this weekend.....just not enough in the bank account to make it happen.

Beer owed for 1st working a paid position at a dz.

Did survive one hell of a storm in a tent......totally hid crying under my boy until he made me go in the hanger. I'm a total chicken.

0:17:0

Tired weekend.....

9 tandems
4 tandem video
2 wingsuit jumps
1 tandem eval jump
1 tandem video eval jump

and packed 5 tandems.....glad to have good weather.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

The big question is this:

Did LisaH get some jumps this weekend???

I thought I heard a rumor. . . :)

I thought I heard there was video evidence... :)
0:2:0

Two 2-ways, one with a videographer who's just trying to get more experience. Sadly I had to leave early and miss Lisa's big moment, at least one other DZ.commer I hadn't met, and all the friends that were showing up as I left.

But I conned my wuffo friends into sharing a block of tunnel time with me in the afternoon... I'll take cheep tunnel time any day :)

Between the packing, dive flows, jump, video debreif, I spent almost my whole day on MY BELLY!wtf!!

"Evil began in a time before recorded history, when magicians made themselves into kings…and gods…using the powers of the dark side of the Force. The weak-minded have ever been ready to obey one who wields great power. Those who learned the powers of the dark side were quick to exploit this weakness—to make war. Again and again the dark side has surged forth, like a storm…devouring whole worlds and entire star systems. Those who mastered dark power became dark power. They unleashed destruction, for no other reason for selfish gain. They despoiled nations…destroyed whole civilizations. Some of them, I am ashamed to say, were Buff's."
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

Between the packing, dive flows, jump, video debreif, I spent almost my whole day on MY BELLY!wtf!!

Those who mastered dark power became dark power. They unleashed destruction, for no other reason for selfish gain. They despoiled nations…destroyed whole civilizations. Some of them, I am ashamed to say, were Buff's."

Hey buddy, someone has to keep people on this DZ on their asses and heads. You started it and ran off with a Drouge. >:(

You could have come out to swoop school Sunday b/c I know the base was to low to tote meat.:|

Those who mastered dark power became dark power. They unleashed destruction, for no other reason for selfish gain. They despoiled nations…destroyed whole civilizations. Some of them, I am ashamed to say, were Buff's."

Some one at his DZ has to keep folks on their asses and heads since you ran off with a DROUGE.>:(

You could have some out to swoop school Sunday because I know that the bases were to low to huck.:|

The big question is this:

Did LisaH get some jumps this weekend???

I thought I heard a rumor. . . :)

I thought I heard there was video evidence... :)
0:2:0

Two 2-ways, one with a videographer who's just trying to get more experience. Sadly I had to leave early and miss Lisa's big moment, at least one other DZ.commer I hadn't met, and all the friends that were showing up as I left.

But I conned my wuffo friends into sharing a block of tunnel time with me in the afternoon... I'll take cheep tunnel time any day :)

Yep, there was video. I've seen it and I was there in the plane and when she landed, too. :)
Oh, and :)
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490