strop45

People who use the term 'dorkzone' are

You are making the assumption that someone may be using the name “dorkzone” to imply “low intelligence” – WRONG. Perhaps they mean to imply … well … “dorkyness”???

Definition of dork (from www.urbandictionary.com)

“Someone who has odd interests, and is often silly at times. A dork is also someone who can be themselves and not care what anyone thinks.”

Dorks!!!

O

If that's the definition, dork is a badge I wear proudly. :)

Yep me too!! And I like your dorkyness Bolas!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

You are making the assumption that someone may be using the name “dorkzone” to imply “low intelligence” – WRONG. Perhaps they mean to imply … well … “dorkyness”???

“Someone who has odd interests, and is often silly at times. A dork is also someone who can be themselves and not care what anyone thinks.”

Dorks!!!

O

Or...you two could just be a couple of whale penises.:ph34r:
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Dorks!!!

O

Or...you two could just be a couple of whale penises.:ph34r:

I bet the guys from Whale Wars could get a few for you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Across 4 studies, the authors found that participants scoring in the bottom quartile on tests of humor, grammar, and logic grossly overestimated their test performance and ability.

Any idea what a test of humor is?

Compare and contrast a pie in the face with a kick in the genitals. Be specific. Cite examples.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

You are making the assumption that someone may be using the name “dorkzone” to imply “low intelligence” – WRONG.

Actually I gained that impression from the context in which the term 'dorkzone' generally. Usually it is to indicate that the writer is amazed at how stupid the other posters are, and is often a thinly disguised PA directed at another poster.

Apologies for using an in-joke about the spelling of engineer - The joke goes something like " I didn't used to be able to spell ingineerrr, how I is one"
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

IMHO, skydivers in general are more intelligent and capable than a random cross section of society, but may be I'm wrong and this really is 'dorkzone'.

Or maybe skydivers in general think they are more intelligent than they really are..., and are too easily offended by something as minuscule as the reference 'dorkzone'. ;)
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

IMHO, skydivers in general are more intelligent and capable than a random cross section of society, but may be I'm wrong and this really is 'dorkzone'.

Or maybe skydivers in general think they are more intelligent than they really are..., and are too easily offended by something as minuscule as the reference 'dorkzone'. ;)

Funny, that is how I usually feel about doctors!:D
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

are too easily offended by something as minuscule as the reference 'dorkzone'. ;)

To paraphrase Louis Theroux, "it doesn't offend me, I just think less of you (people using term dorkzone)"
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

Journal of Personality and Social Psychology
1999, Vol. 77, No. 6. 1121-1134
Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments

Abstract:

People tend to hold overly favorable views of their abilities in many social and intellectual domains. The authors suggest that this overestimation occurs, in part, because people who are unskilled in these domains suffer a dual burden: Not only do these people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices, but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it. Across 4 studies, the authors found that participants scoring in the bottom quartile on tests of humor, grammar, and logic grossly overestimated their test performance and ability. Although their test scores put them in the 12th percentile, they estimated themselves to be in the 62nd. Several analyses linked this miscalibration to deficits in metacognitive skill, or the capacity to distinguish accuracy from error. Paradoxically, improving the skills of participants, and thus increasing their metacognitive competence, helped them recognize the limitations of their abilities

I'm just excited by the chance to use the word "metacognitive".

are too easily offended by something as minuscule as the reference 'dorkzone'. ;)

To paraphrase Louis Theroux, "it doesn't offend me, I just think less of you (people using term dorkzone)"

Hmmm....

The way I see it, this is 'dorkzone' from time to time.
Sometimes it's dorkzone because of goofy/silly posts.
Sometimes it's dorkzone because of ridiculous arguments.
Sometimes it's dorkzone because of nerdy technicalities.
Sometimes it's dorkzone because most of us can be dorks at times.

Do I think this is 'dorkzone'... yeah sometimes, but I'm also gladly a part of dorkzone.

To paraphrase Carl Gustav Jung, “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

I prefer 'dramazone.com'. That nickname's certainly been earned over the years!

Regarding intelligence, most people in this world seem to think that most other people are more stupid than they are. Some of these people are wrong. If skydivers are more intelligent than the average (and I'm not convinced they are), then it's because skydiving costs money - and in general, better educated people have more of it.

Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments

You just described many CEOs and other executives that I personally know. In fact, I think you just described "ego" in general.

As far as dorkzone - I posted a question about a toothbrush, and got one statement about someone's false teeth, followed by two innuendos about oral sex. That's all the proof I need.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

false teeth, followed by two innuendos about oral sex

You say that like there's something wrong with oral sex with no teeth :P

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

As far as dorkzone - I posted a question about a toothbrush, and got one statement about someone's false teeth, followed by two innuendos about oral sex. That's all the proof I need.

Well, on the upside, I found your post interesting because when I googled it, I learned about a device I didn't even know existed.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The correct answer is;
idiots, whose arrogance is only surpassed by their ignorance

That leaves me out then...My Ignorance is NO WHERE near as large as my Arrogance:)

Nothing Matters
No One Cares
GO KILL YOURSELF

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The correct answer is;

That leaves me out then...My Ignorance is NO WHERE near as large as my Arrogance:)

Possibly, but there's usually a direct corrolation in relative size. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

word.

The correct answer is;

I do not fall into the USUAL slot. My Arrogance knows NO bounds and my ignorance is miniscule by comparison :):)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The correct answer is;

I do not fall into the USUAL slot. My Arrogance knows NO bounds and my ignorance is miniscule by comparison :):)

Only because of the ratio. Think of it in celestial terms, perhaps a solar system compared to a galaxy.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The correct answer is;

Only because of the ratio. Think of it in celestial terms, perhaps a solar system compared to a galaxy.

Additonally one person's measure of their own ignorance may be far different than what others perceive it to be.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

The correct answer is;

That is why I LIKE you so much;);)