JohnMitchell

Okay, weekend numbers, June 26th-27th

No one's done it so I'll start it off.

Nunyer:2:0

Vskydiver has the head cold from Hell, poor girl, so she was grounded, but I went out Saturday and made two jumps, my first in 8 1/2 freakin' months. Yeaahhhaah Bitches, I'm back in the saddle again. B|B|

I made a solo to check out my shoulder and all, then made a two way jump with a noob friend working on her A license. Sweet. It sure was nice to be back in the air. I didn't realize how much I missed it. Nataly says I owe beer, but this isn't the first time I've had to chill from injuries, just the longest. :P

Oh yeah, it's my birthday today too. Had a great time. :)

Welcome back to the skies and Happy Birthday! :)
0:10: I lost count, but I did take 200+jello shots so I think I cover them all :ph34r:

broke in my new jumpsuit, jumped a sky van (8 times :), jumped a twirly bird, had a kick ass inflatable jump, and did an 11-way raft jump for my 200th jump. All in all, I had a kick ass time at the American boogie this year!

Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

I was waiting for you to start it;)

3 jumps for me, 2 angled tracking jumps and a 2 way flat with my friend working towards her A :)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

:)
Welcome back to the sky, John, and Happy Birthday. Hope V is feeling better so you can get back in the saddleB|:$

Nice weather has finally arrived. A couple of tandem videos, coach jump, and some fun jumps with Cindy.
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Congrats on getting back in the air, John! B|

I didn't jump, but I did drink beer at the dz. That should count for something, right?

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

;):2::D:D for first reserve ride. Flies like a shit ton of bricks, but it saved my life!;)
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

for first reserve ride. Flies like a shit ton of bricks, but it saved my life![;)

Huh, how big is it and what did you not like about how it flew? Was it your first F-111 7-cell jump? Now you know why I like my reserves on the big side. ;)

Nice job saving your life. B|:D

;):2::D:D for first reserve ride. Flies like a shit ton of bricks, but it saved my life!;)

Someone awesome made sure to keep an eye on his freebag in the air...and then go recover it for him! (that walk looked shorter in air)

Great save Pinky!
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

Also did my first jump in rain. Didn't realize it was raining until we got out, and it was just as painful as everyone had warned me about.

Did they tell you why the raindrops hurt so bad in freefall?

It's 'cause you're hitting the pointy end of the drop.;)

:P

Damned newbies!>:(

We warn them and warn them, trying to make them understand that we've been there and had to learn the lesson the hard way and are trying to prevent them from having a similar, painful lesson.

And DO THEY LISTEN??

:):P

Me - 0>:(,0>:(,0

But I spent a couple hours digging through the back room at the DZ and found some amazing stuff.

We now have a vintage (DOM1952) Air Force bailout rig hanging on the wallB|
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

We now have a vintage (DOM1952) Air Force bailout rig hanging on the wallB|

Ooh, I bet it's an old B-4 rig. As in "B-4 the gear was any good." My first rig was one of those with a paracommander in it. :)

The card says "AF-28" for the container, with a 28' C-9 inside. The canopy looks to be Day-Glo orange. 4-pin container with pack opening bands, seperate harness and container, the legstraps on the harness come off of a "butt strap" sort of setup that seems to let you sit a bit more comfortably. I looked a bit in Poynter, but nothing really matches exactly.

It was last packed in 01. One of the pilots who was around back then said it was a heavy mother to be wearing all day.

I didn't know what to do with it, and one of the guys suggested hanging it on the wall.

I also found a Javelin DOM93. Purple and Neon Fucia Pink. With a sun and moon scene painted on it no less:D:D:D
Complete container, Both PCs and bags, risers and both sets of toggles. I've messaged the listed owner, who hasn't jumped in 6 or 7 years. We'll see what comes of it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

It's a 190. It's overloaded, (I'm an anvil), and I will be purchasing a larger, newer reserve. Raven 2 is what it is. Just felt weird. Sink rate, I started on f111 9 and 7 cells. Maybe I'm just not used to it.:)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

6 RW jumps (3-way and a few 4-ways from a 182, 5, 8 and 13-ways from an Otter), 1 camera jump and 1 hop-n-pop.

I got a bruised shin from banging it on the wing of the Cessna when I flipped up to do a toe-hang exit.
I got nuthin

I didn't eat anything before my first jump of the day, I thought I was going to puke just after deployment... I'm glad I didn't, there were houses with people enjoying their backyard just below me. :P
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

:$ : jumping.....what is that?? : Lots

First backpacking trip. First baby moose. First time actually being able to sleep on a camping trip.

I'm hoping...hoping....hoping.....to have my gear all worked out and lined up to jump over the 4th.....but time is quickly running out and things with the new container deal are still a mess! I haven't jumped in....shit....at least a month...maybe two....I really can't remember when.