Business Software Alliance??!

http://www.birminghamuk.com/wikipedia/Birmingham_Small_Arms_Company.htm

Kids today...:S

I know.. My ex boyfriend has a Triumph!

Triumph huh...I can see why he's yer EX! :ph34r:

Heee Hee!!:)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

If you are thinking that 600's are heavy compared to your Ninja 250, try looking at a couple of the 500's out there.

The kawasaki EX 500 has full fairing, light and bigger than the 250. The twin piston configuration makes is sound OK also.

Suzuki makes the GS 500. Similar but without the full fairing.

If you got your hands on an old Honda Interceptor 500, you may be the envy of a few people.

If you find a Yamaha TZ 350 two stroke, you may not want to park it on the street. Hide it in the garage.:ph34r:

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

250 Ninja's a great starter bike. Assuming you've got some serious miles logged between your legs (thought I'd set you guys up for some chuckles ;)) I'd recommend the 500 ninja. Cheap, more power, similar ride characteristics, easy to resell when you move up again after about 20,000 miles.

Motorcycles are inversely proportional to canopies, the bigger they are, the quicker they can kill you. Upsize slowly and then ride the hell out of it. :)
It only took me 35 years to progress up to my Ninja 1100. If I ever wear it out, I'm getting a ZX14!! Another 100K outta do it. (Oh yeah... that's miles)

250 Ninja's a great starter bike. Assuming you've got some serious miles logged between your legs (thought I'd set you guys up for some chucklesB|) I'd reccomend the 500 ninja. Cheap, more power, similar ride characteristics, easy to resell when you move up again after about 20,000 miles.

Motorcycles are inversely proportional to canopies, the bigger they are, the quicker they can kill you. Upsize slowely and then ride the hell out of it. :)
It only took me 35 years to progress up to my Ninja 1100. If I ever wear it out, I'm getting a ZX14!! Another 100K outta do it. (oh yeah... that's miles)

You don't get the Ninja 500 here. I suppose you "might" find a grey import though.

I agree on the "upsizing" as well - you need a full season of leaves on the roads, black ice, diesel on the road, wet man-hole covers etc, mind you to borrow from the Stiletto thread with an R1 she'll zip past the hazards quicker making it a safer ride:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

just use the same mentality used by many skydivers when down sizing, and get an R1!

That sounds like an *excellent* idea!! I think I will!! :D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Which one should I get?

Just got my Ninja 250 back from the shop and after riding around on a Suzuki Bandit 650 for 3 weeks it feels like I've just done a jump with a student canopy!!!

Ninja 250'a are in incredibly high demand these days. They are perfect for commuting, never mind the seemingly-anemic performance as compared to larger bikes. If you want a bigger bike get one, but I would keep that Ninja 250 simply for the economical reasons you already listed.

Chuck
(I have four bikes and a scooter)

Yeah...I know what ya mean, I have a few bikes myself!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/Dodge/door013.jpg

Hmm.. She's not gonna look so hot if she ever falls off that thing and gets a nasty road-rash.. She looks like a moron.

Not to me.
Lemme look at it again...:|

If she opens the face shield standing up & goin' fast like that ...she'll whistle! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Try looking for a Honda VFR/Interceptor (not sure what they were marketed as in UK). They're reliable, comfortable for a commute yet able to mix it up in the twisties for a Sunday ride.

Older models (late 90s era) have a 750cc-800cc V-4 engines, gear driven cams. They're nice bikes. Great exhaust note too (even stock).
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

If you find a Yamaha TZ 350 two stroke, you may not want to park it on the street. Hide it in the garage.:ph34r:

aaaah yes, my brother used to have a RD 400 Daytona....nice! :)

Biggest hand full of little bike I ever rode! (Not including kaw tripples)

I had a Kawi triple...with the always exciting flex-frame option! ;)

Top of the power-band through the "S"s and it felt like ya were on a rubber pogo-stick! :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Top of the power-band through the "S"s and it felt like ya were on a rubber pogo-stick! :S

These pups that missed the birth of the superbikes missed out on bikes with ten times the power than they had frames and front ends that could handle it!:ph34r: Not to mention brakes...:o

Which one did you have? If you get a chance, look at what those old tripples are going for these days. Nice ones bring big money from old farts like us that remember what they sounded like roaring thru 12K RPM's...... WWWWhaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeee!!!

SV650

You can get after market seats that lower the stance on the SV650.

Also, being a naked bike, it usually is cheaper to insure (when I ran quotes in the US against other similar 650's). And, if you drop it, or, say, you boss runs into it again, there is no plastic to repair/replace, so much cheaper to repair.

And it's a fun bike!
Remster

SV650

Also, being a naked bike, it usually is cheaper to insure (when I ran quotes in the US against other similar 650's). And, if you drop it, or, say, you boss runs into it again, there is no plastic to repair/replace, so much cheaper to repair.

And it's a fun bike!

I saw one today parked right next to my Ninja.. I don't like the look of it quite as much as the sportier bikes (with all that expensive plastic!), but I could see myself on one :)
The seat looks noticeably higher, although my Ninja is basically a midget bike, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised!!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

SV650

And it's a fun bike!

I saw one today parked right next to my Ninja.. I don't like the look of it quite as much as the sportier bikes (with all that expensive plastic!), but I could see myself on one :)
The seat looks noticeably higher, although my Ninja is basically a midget bike, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised!!

Get a boyfriend with an R6 and get added to his insurance - I don't mind volunteering for the job:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.