Nataly

I want a bigger bike..

Get a boyfriend with an R6 and get added to his insurance - I don't mind volunteering for the job:)

Why would I want to date a guy who owns a girly bike? :ph34r::ph34r:
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Get a boyfriend with an R6 and get added to his insurance - I don't mind volunteering for the job:)

ah I get it you would rather date someone with ape hanger bars - allow you to get the most of their manly scent when riding along behind:o I am also told that there is a nice "vibe" to that kind of bike that puts a smile on ladies faces!
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

ah I get it you would rather date someone with ape hanger bars - allow you to get the most of their manly scent when riding along behind:o I am also told that there is a nice "vibe" to that kind of bike that puts a smile on ladies faces!

I don't want a particular "type" of man.. But I damn well want my own bike!! :P
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Actually they keep you aired out, !B|
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/onekick/apes/waterfall118.jpg

Any man worth his salt would prefer that too! Women on thier own rides are sexxxyyyy

Any man worth his salt would prefer that too! Women on thier own rides are sexxxyyyy

You missed my point - the point was she could "borrow" his bike, on the good days and then ride a comfy commuter on the bad[:/]
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I had a Kawi triple...with the always exciting flex-frame option! ;)

Top of the power-band through the "S"s and it felt like ya were on a rubber pogo-stick! :S

Which one did you have? If you get a chance, look at what those old tripples are going for these days. Nice ones bring big money from old farts like us that remember what they sounded like roaring thru 12K RPM's...... WWWWhaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeee!!!

I had a both a '72 & a 75 H2 750...

Attached is what my 75 looked like, and yeah wow holy cow...the one pictured is for sale...8000.00! :o

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Seriously... why no Harley option?

My guess is because she mentioned parking it on the street....It may not be there when she gets back!

Doh! That's right. :$

Maybe one of these then?

:D

That's not thinking GREEN!

Wonder how many of God's beautiful trees went into that 1st one..or how many Naugahydes died in the making of the 2nd?!?! >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Seriously... why no Harley option?

My guess is because she mentioned parking it on the street....It may not be there when she gets back!

Doh! That's right. :$

Maybe one of these then?

:D

I also have to ride around on the thing and I wouldn't be caught dead on either of those!! :D:D

Did make me laugh, though!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

The Kwak Er is a fine commuter bike or an SV650
either of those can be bought reasonably 2nd hand and either will serve you very well
I would lean more to the Suzuki SV but either will be fine

Ok.. Have looked at the specs.. Doesn't seem to be *huge* differences between the ER6 and SV, but SV seems quite reliable and more affordable..

Do you know if the seat can be lowered, though? It seems a lot higher than my Ninja and I'm only 5'5".. Not short, but not exactly tall..

Yes the seat can be lowered quite a bit, both by re-upholstery and by a shorter spring for the rear made especially for the height challenged. The SV is a VERY good bike and brilliant for what you specified.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You wouldn't have to do much to lower the SV. A lowering link are available for 50 US. They bolt right in. Push the fork tubes up the triple clamps to match.
Lowering Links

Just an inch would do wonders. You can lower it considerably more if you want too.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

You wouldn't have to do much to lower the SV. A lowering link are available for 50 US. They bolt right in. Push the fork tubes up the triple clamps to match.
Lowering Links

Just an inch would do wonders. You can lower it considerably more if you want too.

Pushing the forks up fucks with steering geometry, don't do that unless you know what you are doing.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Lowering Links

Pushing the forks up fucks with steering geometry, don't do that unless you know what you are doing.

Just lowering the back REALLY fucks it up. Not lowering the front will make it handle like a tank. If you lower the back, the forks should be raised so the front is still level. This is very common with SV. Lower the back, lower the front to match. The ride height should be lowered equally.

This also goes for the R6 and other bikes.

It's an easy task. Whoever adds the lowering link should know what to do with the front. Loosen 6 bolts, push the forks up evenly, tighten the bolts. It literally takes no more than 15 minutes to lower the front. The back will probably take less than an hour.

svrider.com is a good source. I could find others. I haven't ridden an SV for a couple seasons so I forget what other forums are available.

Just shaving the seat is an option. You can also buy a "factory" shaved seat for too much money. It's 1/2 inch lower.

The upholstery is held on with staples. Pull them out, peel the upholstery back, shave and shape the foam, a bit of contact cement and a good staple gun and you're back in business.

Seriously though. Lowering an SV is pretty straight forward. It should be very easy to afford.

I miss my SV.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto