Cheach

Weekend Numbers 07/17

I was excited to post this because I needed to say..... CONGRATS Pinky (Heatmiser) on your 200th and your static line instructor rating. I was proud to be your 1st and 2nd "student" on the rope. You will be a GREAT instructor.

I got 8 jumps- two of which were static line.

I am told I owe beer for my first time going back to a static line after being on freefall. :S On a side note- As a student, I didn't jump the cruiselites. I jumped two different ones yesterday- they aren't half bad!
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

See - static line jumps are not that bad!!

:|:7:No beer (I don't think)

Mid East Skydive League meet. Necessary Equipment competed at the AA class and we did fairly well. Especially considering we are a brand new team. In May we competed in the Rookie class, in June we competed at A and here in July at AA. I am feeling pretty good about where we are and how much we have grown.

Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Thanks Cheach! Funny how you can d-arch and remain stable.;)
:$:5::D Beer for 1st S/L dispatch.

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Those weren't my first static line jumps. That's how I learned. And yep- logged em! Just marked them as SL.

And hey- I tried ti go unstable on that second one! Really!

That's a gutsy move when you got that rope coming off your backpack.:D
Last time I ran a cert course I turned on the step and did a gainer off towards the tail, but a back flip?? Uhuh.:D

It's fun messin' with the candidates, isn't it?;)

That's a gutsy move when you got that rope coming off your backpack.:D
Last time I ran a cert course I turned on the step and did a gainer off towards the tail, but a back flip?? Uhuh.:D

It's fun messin' with the candidates, isn't it?;)

I was a perfect student the first time. The second time I still wasn't too bad. I think it's the teacher in me- I tend to do what "instructors" tell me to do. But I did give him a little more of a hard time the second time around.

Those weren't my first static line jumps. That's how I learned. And yep- logged em! Just marked them as SL.

Be careful with them static lines, a chick on my chaulk at airborne school dropped hers on exit, it got wrapped around her neck on the 5th jump.

She survived, but the look on the JM and safety's face was pure horror, they thought they just watch her die. Pretty scary, we got another pass and finished the jump...

She was taken to the hospital about the same time we got to the turn in point, didnt expect to see her again... but she still graduated with a FUCKED up neck. Riser burn aint got shit on static line burn!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Now that i've figured out what those three numbers actually mean, my first weekend update

:P/1/Beer!

I don't think it's ~required~ for students to bring in beer for stuff, but since i found out what kissing tarmac feels like for the first time, bringing in a case to appease the beer gods is probably not a bad idea

Peace, love and hoppiness

0:5:1

5 Fun wingsuit flights. 4 of them maxing the suit 1 of them was a 5way flock. Need to keep working on those wingsuiting muscles for the topless rodeo jumps at LP.B|

Oh and a case of beer owed for organizing a x/c wingsuit flight for the first time. Guys in the V3's had no problem but the rest of us in P2's had to pull a little high to make it back. All's well that ends well I guess.:)

Muff #5048

:|:1:0

I HATE THE WIND!!!!!!!!!!!

[:/]

The wind is your friend. Well it is if you're doing a cross country from 10 miles out.:P all but one on the load made it back last Saturday.

Not if it's gusting to 25 - 30mph ...

(I already landed in some people's back yard twice this season ... too close to an electified cow fence on one of those occasions :S)

O