Airman1270

I told a cop to mind his own business. What happens next?

WTF does the N word have to do with anything???[:/]

WTF does the word "fuckhead" have to do with anything???[:/]

Seriously? OK: When someone engages in road rage, they are acting like a fuckhead, but their race is usually irrelevant.

Race is very relevant a lot of the times! I can tell you grew up in an all whit area!;)

I understand your point; and I really wasn't ignoring common life experience. My point was: if there's good reason to believe a person's road rage (or asshole driving, etc.) was motivated by his own personal racism, then yes, it's relevant. But absent that good reason, it probably is not relevant - except in the eye of the beholder: i.e., it's human nature for people to presume that rudeness directed at them by a person of another race is racism-motivated, as opposed to just garden-variety, race-neutral rudeness.

Man I was soooo pissed, but, I had the uniform and the lighted sign on the roof, so all I could do was glare at him when I caught up

Another thing that will do wonders to make truck drivers behave is one of those signs on the back of the truck that says; "How's my driving? Call 1-800-123-4567". When you, as a truck driver, know that everyone else on the road can see that number, and has their cell phone within reach, you don't do stupid stuff.

I think every car ought to have one of those signs...

I don't think it really makes a difference. Twice I have called the business of an offending prick driving a company vehicle to complain, and they either denied it or gave me the run-around. >:(

One was for Domino's Pizza. Some shit white punk cracker ass kid blew by me going 90 easily on the highway with the company sign on the roof. I was on my way home. A few minutes later I was stuck in traffic on a local major road because of an accident, just 100 yards shy of a Domino's Pizza store on the left side. Then all of a sudden I see the same shit white punk cracker ass kid blow by me driving on the grass median and turn into the store. :S

I got on the phone when I got home and called the store to complain, via TTY/relay service. The manager denied it and everything, which made me madder. I hung up, picked up the phone receiver and dialed them directly, and when I heard the greeting, I yelled as loud as I possibly could "TELL YOUR FUCKING DRIVER IN THE LIGHT COLORED 4 DOOR CAR TO SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!!!" and slammed the receiver down.

The other time was some plumbing business van from Atlanta, you know the small narrow and tall vans, was weaving in and out of traffic and tail-gating everyone, myself included. I couldn't even see his bumper, and I was in the right lane, just slightly ahead of a car in the left lane. Just to get rid of this asshole, I sped up to open a gap for him to get through and be on his way. Just as he was about to pass, I flipped the bird at him while looking straight ahead. Obviously he was looking right at me when I did, because he stopped his forward progress to match my speed, but I refused to look at him. He pulled ahead and feinted a swerve in my lane, and I was making a mental note of the business name and car #.

I get home and call. Answering machine. I call 5 or 6 more times throughout the day, same shit.

Maybe next time I will just note the make, model, color and tag number, and call the police saying I thought I saw someone tied up in the back of the vehicle. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Twice, when I've been road raged, I've just dialed 911 and given them the details, including plate number and driver description. Although they can't issue a ticket, I got promised that they would send an officer by to have a nice chat with the person.

I don't mind solving my own problems, but that's one that I pay my taxes for. Besides, as a CPL holder, I need to avoid escalating confrontations. It looks bad in court.

>Maybe next time I will just note the make, model, color and tag number, and call the police saying I thought I saw someone tied up in the back of the vehicle.

They respond quicker if you say you heard a live cat marinating in the trunk.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

WTF does the N word have to do with anything???
[:/]

Nothing. Just black trailer trash. I see plenty of white trailer trash drivers out in my area these days. My opinion of them are just as bad.

Yeah? What name do you call them?

Fred. Why do you ask?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Twice, when I've been road raged, I've just dialed 911 and given them the details, including plate number and driver description. Although they can't issue a ticket, I got promised that they would send an officer by to have a nice chat with the person.

I'd love to be able to do that, just dial and call and so on. Not really feasible for me. [:/]

Normiss, I sure ain't the offending driver in the first place, just the one who lets the offending driver know I don't like his stupid driving. :P

But yeah, you can say making any kind of response an invitation to road rage. I've known that for years.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>Out of respect for the company whose uniform I was wearing I kept my
>comments brief, but was tempted to remind him not to threaten me any
>further, as I know where he lives.

I think it's pretty sad that someone would threaten to hurt someone else (or their family) based on a parking dispute. People like that end up shooting each other on LA freeways.

You know, I've driven in places all through this great land and I concluded that LA drivers are the most polite I've seen. I believe that such politeness is a result of the knowledge that your ass could get capped in LA for pulling the crap that people pull everywhere else.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I'd love to be able to do that, just dial and call and so on. Not really feasible for me. [:/]

Normiss, I sure ain't the offending driver in the first place, just the one who lets the offending driver know I don't like his stupid driving. :P

But yeah, you can say making any kind of response an invitation to road rage. I've known that for years.

Doesnt the new E-911 system support text messages? I dont know where they are already active, but its the wave of the future.

Now our dispatchers are going to have to deal with

"ths mofo s cappin foos up in hea!"

:S

The more technology we advance, the dumber some people end up looking.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

"I'm sorry. That was pretty quick. Can I see your ID again? I need to inspect it closely. Lots of guys pretending to be cops lately.

No? Let me call 911 and get a unit out here. I wouldn't want anyone to pretend to be a cop when they aren't. There will have to be a police report and everything. You weren't in a hurry, were you? I'm sure they can have a supervisor out here within a reasonable amount of time.

Of course, I would be gone by now if you hadn't decided to take this route."

I had a guy park in my reserved parking spot one time. I parked behind him. He came and found me. He was mad. I was perfectly happy. He invited me outside. I enthusiastically accepted. I fight for fun. He realized I was far too eager and he couldn't backpedal fast enough. I told him I would be working late that night. He could leave then.

His supervisor called me a few minutes later. He appologized for the guy and asked me nicely if I would let the guy out. I was happy to comply. I really didn't want to do anything but make a point until the guy got sideways. Then, I had a whole new point to make.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Awesome! The owner of that car will come out and wonder why the fuck it's out in the street. :D:D:D

Here's the way it should have gone down;

Cop: "Next time you park over there in the parking lot!"

You: "Uh, ok."

Exit stage right . . . (who gives a shit?)

Couldn't agree more. If for no other reason that it makes him the dipshit and you then walk away without getting unnecessarily worked up over some asshat's little power-trip.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Was the car you were blocking a COP car or his personal vehicle?

If it was his cop car then he has every reason to tell you not to block him he may be called on duty very quickly.

If it was his personal vehicle he may have been a gigantic douche bag who has a power issue. No reason to pull a badge to ask a simple thing like that.

However, I think you may need to work out your racism issues.
My photos

My Videos

Thanks, love you guys. A few points:

1) I didn't threaten him, he threatened me. Not that I would return & do harm, but he doesn't know that. Why be a prick?

2) Why should I genuflect to such abuse? Did I not mention that I would have responded politely to a polite request?

3) No, race is irrelevant (I think) but I never back down from slapping political correctness in the face.
(Turns on megaphone:) "KSSSHH... It is not RACISM every time a white guy notices that someone might be black!..."

3) Etc.

Cheers,
Jon

i wouldnt sweat it too much, his mommy probably didnt hug him enough, or he got picked on in school by the big mean kids, and now hes an asshat on a power trip with a badge and gun.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Since you mentioned it twice, obviously his race WAS relevant.

To you.

I fail to see how it had anything to do with the actual event, though, or the telling of it here in this forum.

Sounds like he was being a dick, and you let it get to you.

Sounds like two dicks fencing in the street to see who is the biggest dick!

It was probably an overreaction for him to show his badge; but on the other hand, he probably figured that since he was in civilian clothes, that was the best way to get you to listen to him without your telling him to stick it up your ass. He might have politely made the request, and then noted that he does know what he's talking about since he just happens to be a police officer, etc. I'm sure his overreaction and attitude was fueled by anger at having his car blocked. Frankly, I think most people get pissed if their car is blocked. Anyhow, you then got angry at his heavy-handedness.

Problem is, you forgot one of the cardinal rules when dealing with cops: don't display anger at them, even if justified, or you'll almost always get the worst of it. It might not be fair, but it is the way it is.

Cop: Didn't catch what he was shouting as I drove away.

Well, I can tell you what he was thinking: "This ain't over, smart ass." If he got your plate number and you find yourself getting a ticket in the mail (assuming that's done in your jurisdiction) for some kind of trumped-up traffic violation, don't be shocked. I note you live in Georgia. Frankly, after getting into a verbal confrontation with a badge-showing cop, you're lucky you were permitted to drive away.

(Off-duty cops don't write tickets.)

Maybe not by custom; but a police officer has the power to enforce all laws 24/7, even if he's not on duty.

What happens next?

I guess time will tell.

You said when you were walking up he was walking to the street. That sounds to me like this is an issue he has been dealing with for a long time and wasnt a one time occurrence. Did you have a sign on your van? If you didnt...my bet would be the people you were delivering to frequently have visitors that block this guys driveway and now he is on edge about it. Not justifying it if that is in fact the case, but a lot of times having some background on why people do things make dealing with them a lot easier.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

...Did you have a sign on your van? If you didnt...my bet would be the people you were delivering to frequently have visitors that block this guys driveway and now he is on edge about it...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Yes, could be. There was a sign on top, the van was idling, and I was wearing the company shirt. It was obvious what I was doing, and that I'd be gone within moments.

If a guy wearing a baseball cap threatens you, and you tell him to go f*** off & post the story in "Bonfire," will you be accused of bigotry against people wearing baseball caps?

Cheers,
Jon

If a guy wearing a baseball cap threatens you, and you tell him to go f*** off & post the story in "Bonfire," will you be accused of bigotry against people wearing baseball caps?

Cheers,
Jon

That depends, when you post the story would you report it as "(a baseball cap wearing guy - relevant?)"?

Cheers,
Jon

That depends, when you post the story would you report it as "(a baseball cap wearing guy - relevant?)"?

And would you wonder if he was hired because of a baseball cap quota??
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo