MC208B

Farting on the ride up

Holy shit, FFF, you musta read a book or something! Or do you have www.farting.com stored in your favorites? Anyway, I think, when the stink is REAL ugly, the pilot should just open the door and say "get the fu@k out - NOW", and save the rest of us some grief... No, really - I'd rather be farted on than barfed on, like Carrie was... yuck :(. My buddie was on a ride along last weekend, and he was entertained by at least two of us! Not sure if he was impressed, though...

Oh now, come on FFF, you stole my post didn't you??? I'm the science teacher - remember. How on Earth would anyone else know that stuff??? I didn't know about the termites - I thought cows were the big offenders, I'll use that info with my kids, thanks.......this forum is just so .......... informative...

Dear skysue,
Please feel free to use the information in any way you see fit. Just don't be too hard on the kids when they start farting in class. Tee-hee, I truly, madly, deeply believe that all children are intitled to information where ever they can find it.
Triple F

I was just going for this! Not only have I put up with numerous smells on the ride to altitude but at our Halloween Boogie, in the CASA, a jumper who had partied a bit too hard the night before and was on the first load sitting next to me hurled ALL OVER me.

OMG you poor thing! I can't say it ever happened to me but we got one of the students on the in-plane video. There were 2 SL students left and the girl about to exit the C206 had to get sick. She tried to stick her head out the door but didn't get it far enough and her vomit caught the wind coming back INTO the plane. All you see on video is the poor guy sitting in the back get it all over his face and jump suit!!!! :D The girl still jumped as the poor guy was wiping his goggles and his face clean. Then as he was climbing out, he tried to hang from the strut and his hands were still wet from vomit and he lasted about 1/2 a scond before he flew off! :D AND the pilot felt it hit his neck so, needless-to-say, he got out the doggie bag and got sick himself! What a ride to altitude!
Oh, and my b/f is a tandem master and a girl got sick under canopy....lets just say he was happy for his full face!

Billy,
The tech stuff was brought to you compliments of www.fartzone.com, not to be confused with our illustrious leaders rag. I have been doing my own research and found that a can or two of Hormel chili, twenty minutes before the first call, works wonders for getting a good seat without being crowded. And ya' get to call the spot, too, cause everyone wants ya out the door NOW!! BTW, don't get the match too close to Kitty. Rocket propelled dogs can cause damage to the inside of a house.
Triple F

Hey, somebody has got to pass gas on the way to altitude....it's a tradition.. Just blame it on the one guy(often seems to be a TM) that's sleeping.. Either that or the pilot..
"Hey, guys.. Ever notice how it STINKS on every load we're on?" "Yea, must be the pilot.."
Oh, and if somebody puked on me....I'd toss their ass out.. If they don't get full altitude - that's their problem! ;)
The above average(way over 14)
Mike

Why the hell do you think they call it an "in flight door"? I certainly isn't just for jumping out of, it filters the air faster if you need to crack it open on the way up!!!!
As someone earlier said, some people are proud of theirs. I have met these people...the challenge comes in making THEM sick! Then you're a professional!!!;-)

Dutchieman,
Do you have or have you seen all the t-shirts that are being worn around S/A about the nascar/200 thing?? Check out the small name on the freeflyers jumpsuit. (gotta turn it upside down to read it) Then get back to me. I'll explain.
Triple F

We were all getting into the plane with Marbuge and I just saw the dark spot on the seat but wasn't fast enough to warn the lady behind me who plopped down in it. A second later she jumps up and screams because her jumpsuit is wet. So the 10 French people on the plane are jabbering in French about what it is. SO finally on of the Frogs wipes a finger in it and tastes it. I almost puked right there. I have never been so glad to get to altitude.
Just hold it for a minute!
Albatross

This is the reason why, last Saturday night at the boogie dinner, when I saw 4 huge cans of beans to be cooked (we are talking cafeteria size cans) I thought, yeah, THERE'S a good idea!! not! Needless to say, the CASA loads on Sunday were interesting!! UGH! Gives new meaning to the words, "Ready, Set, GO!!!"" EXIT EXIT EXIT!!!!!!!!!!!! before I blow chunks on you!! hehehehehehe
Sis
"What we're all really seeking is something where we can feel the rapture of being alive."J.Campbell

actually this thread is appropriate because I remembered a story I heard at my last dz (in NZ) about a guy at the Equinox boogie in Aus one year. We're talking at least a 250-300lbs, red haired, Tasmanian who only believes in drinking guiness and eating beans when he goes to boogies.
Anyway, apparently he forced an exit at 6grand for an entire skyvan!!!! The whole time...he had the biggest smile on his face!!
To me, that is IMPRESSIVE!!!!!
:D:S
Kia Kaha,
Pyke:P
NZPF A-2584

I am laughing my ass off reading these posts. I am so thankful to have been 'raised' at a 182 DZ full of tradition. As everyone who has been indoctrinated in the traditions of skydiving knows...farting on the way to altitude is perfectly normal. In fact many DZ locals have rating systems for quality and hangtime. However it can be taken too far. If you have the talent to release anything over a 5 (on a 10 point scale) on both quality and hangtime, it should not be repeated more than once or twice a day. Doing so simply frustrates the other passengers who usually respond with mock threats out of jealousy. It can also cause premature jump run, as AggieDave pointed out. I think I was on that load with him, although I seem to remember more than one load like that :)
This post has also brought up the issue of throwing up on the plane. I consider myself to be the expert here, and you can argue if you feel you have better qualifications. After getting off sutdent status (14 jumps) until about 45 jumps...I threw up the first jump of every weekend. There was something about the adreneline that just made me anxious/queasy. I would throw up and be just fine, it never stopped me from jumping. It usually came on flight line. But a few times it came in the plane. There was one time I have on video when I was riding solo slot with a tandem in a C-182. LOL, it bothered the tandem student, and the TM told him we do that to float and fall longer. He believed it :) After a while I carried orange biohazard barf bags in my jumpsuit. And then around 50 jumps, just as sudden as it started, I quit doing it. Not sure why I ever did do it.
P.S. FFF, I have that NASCAR t-shirt, but I am at work, what is the deal with the name on the suit?
Malachi

I wonder what the deal with this is? Is it the lower pressures or the vibration of the otter that summons up the stank, but at about 8k, and 12k there is alot of people farting lol.:| We havent figured out why it happens at 8k, but we guessed the releases at 12k are tandems and nervous students letting out a little FEAR! lol:D

In altutude medicne there are several kinds of altutde illness

AMS: Acute Mountain Sickness
HAPE - High altiude Puliminary Edima: Fluid in the lungs. Life Threating, Worse than AMS
HACE - High Altitude Cerebral Edema: Fluid, blood in the brain. Worse that HAPE, Extremely life threating
HAFE- High Altitude Flatulant Explusion: Expanding gasses in your intestine. Worse than all the others, causes you to get thrown off mountains by your climbing partners. >:(