ryoder

This is how we Roll in India

I love 3rd world country drivers. Lanes, lines, rules, shmules, it's just like driving a donkey cart. :D

I used to work with an Indian dude who had lived in the US for only a couple years.
He took a vacation to the UK to visit a relative who was living there.
He came back wide-eyed telling me how terrified he was at experiencing UK traffic.:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I love 3rd world country drivers. Lanes, lines, rules, shmules, it's just like driving a donkey cart. :D

Gee you mean like driving in Redmond?

Or Boston???:S
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Gee you mean like driving in Redmond?

Or Boston???:S

Do you have that many third world drivers there?????

Redmond Washington has drivers from literally everywhere on the planet. I have seen it over and over, vendors who came here to work and then buying their very first car.

Makes for some "interesting" driving!!!

Haven't been to Redmond, but Boston driving does suck. And that's coming from someone who has driven in Rio. Of course, Rio also was challenging to drive in.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Haven't been to Redmond, but Boston driving does suck. And that's coming from someone who has driven in Rio. Of course, Rio also was challenging to drive in.

Wendy P.

I went to Jumptown a couple times and rented a car at Logan. I managed to get turned around a few times in all the construction going on at the time in trying to head to the west out of Boston. I did not mind the traffic circles all that much. The problem here is the variety of driving "styles" from civilized to those that grew up in ox carts.

You can take some people out of their carts.. but in many cases you just can't take the ox cart out of them when they are on the roads.

After riding in Bejing traffic, I have a new understanding of why some foreigners drive the way they do. There are few followed rules back home for them. We must seem downright anal, the way we stay in our own lanes, wear seatbelts, use turn signals, etc. :D

Which continent are you driving on?

Drivers in Vancouver certainly don't obey the rules, much less know what they are!!!
It is a boring day when only two people do illegal right turns, crossing three or more lanes of traffic within spitting distance of my vehicle!

Mind you, we do have a lot of immigrants driving around Vancouver ... few of whom ever learned how to read either of Canada's official languages!!!

After riding in Bejing traffic, I have a new understanding of why some foreigners drive the way they do. There are few followed rules back home for them. We must seem downright anal, the way we stay in our own lanes, wear seatbelts, use turn signals, etc. :D

Which continent are you driving on?

Drivers in Vancouver certainly don't obey the rules, much less know what they are!!!
It is a boring day when only two people do illegal right turns, crossing three or more lanes of traffic within spitting distance of my vehicle!

Mind you, we do have a lot of immigrants driving around Vancouver ... few of whom ever learned how to read either of Canada's official languages!!!

Helll I never have a problem when driving there in Hongcouver....I have to drive here in Seattle/Redmond everry day;)

Wendy P.

I can say that Boston is one of the most dangerous cities in the US for pedestrians crossing the streets, even in the appropriate areas. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wendy P.

I can say that Boston is one of the most dangerous cities in the US for pedestrians crossing the streets, even in the appropriate areas. :S

Mehhhh just the ones who can't hear the drivers blowing their horns:ph34r:

I went to Jumptown a couple times and rented a car at Logan. I managed to get turned around a few times in all the construction going on at the time in trying to head to the west out of Boston.

The problem with getting turned around trying to get away from Logan is that you pay a "stupid tax" every time you end up on the wrong (toll) road. I think it cost us an extra $5 just to get headed the right way to Pepperell last year. :S:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I used to work with an Indian dude who had lived in the US for only a couple years.
He took a vacation to the UK to visit a relative who was living there.
He came back wide-eyed telling me how terrified he was at experiencing UK traffic.:D:D:D

I never feared so much for my life as when we went on day trips in Bosnia.. :S Those drivers are madmen!! But someone from Croatia told me the same thing about driving in the UK!! :D:D Apparently all the rules are for people who don't know how to drive! :D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Hi Nat,

Apparently all the rules are for people who don't know how to drive!

Think that it might have anything to with your driving on 'that other' side of the road? :P

And, yes I have driven in England.

JerryBaumchen

:D:D

I think what he was driving at was people's lack of awareness of other drivers. :P I got my motorcycle licence in December and can *totally* vouch for the fact that LOTS of people start to switch lanes before they look.. :S

PS: I think the right side is still the right side, but don't tell Shroppy!! :P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss