Galenis

Santa Claus Spoiler Alert!

I don't remember actually believing in Santa. It just didn't make sense, even as a toddler. The Santa's at the stores wore costumes so I never bought it. I pulled a beard down once and was quickly removed from the area :D

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

When/what and what circumstances where present when you discovered Santa Claus wasn't real?

Oh my God! Santa isn't real? Fuck You!
:P
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

When/what and what circumstances where present when you discovered Santa Claus wasn't real?

Oh my God! Santa isn't real? Fuck You!
:P

No Shit! Heretic!>:(

My life is now in shambles!!!!!
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Saint Nicholas of Myra was a real person who lived in the 4th century. So he *was* real.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I was 5 when the little girl down the street (Karen) told me. It made sense -- we'd always opened our presents on Christmas Eve instead of the next morning, and I could already read "to Wendy from Santa" on some presents that were under the tree.

I immediately told my younger brothers, of course.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I was 6 when I found a big stash of toys behind the parents bed. I go my brother and were back there having fun when Momma caught us and said, "Well now you've done it. No more Santa Claus."

Me: Whaaa? You mean, do you mean.....Whaaaaa?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Saint Nicholas of Myra was a real person who lived in the 4th century. So he *was* real.;)
I was going to say the same thing... in fact St Nicholas and I share a birthday...

mind you seperated by in excess of 1600 years... ;)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

In the attached photo, I had just turned 4 and my brother had just turned 7. "Santa" is a neighbor. I like to think my brother is winking because he (being a mature lad of 7) knew that Santa wasn't real but he would still play along for my benefit. :D I remember this visit (I think it was the only time Santa appeared at our house), and I still bought into it at that point.

I probably figured it out not long after that, but we'd play along for years as a bit of a family joke.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think it was the only time Santa appeared at our house

Sigh. You were asleep the other times.

You're right. I should have phrased that differently. It's the only time I remember being awake to interact with the man in the red suit. :P;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

i was in the third grade and my parents told me. i was the youngest and last to find out. it didn't bother me and it was nice to give my parents the thanks they deserved.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

I guess I figured it out by the time I was in high school. <=== Really?????

Ok, I was ashamed to admit it was really my second year in College. All the ridiculously hot college Santa Helpers were quite convincing.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I was 5 and found out from my older brother. The next day I announced it to my kindergarten class and made some kids cry who refused to believe the truth. I wasn't a bully or anything, I just thought they'd want to know the truth!:)

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

My parents did not lie to me about such fables, they were straight up.

I don't think it is a healthy to tell lies to children.

IMHO it simply holds back their itellectual potential and the appreciaton of what their parents provide.

Spoiling children is also not healthy, this also does not help their appreciation of what is provided for them.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Our 8yr old son this year, found the stash of gifts... some of them already labeled. When he asked "what's up" we simply told him that due to down sizing, and the increased belief quotent in Santa, that he has had to get help. So... since he has invested so well in the past, and since he has shares in UPS, FedEx and all of the big toy/electronic companies. Through these vast connections that he has, he is able truck contract certain services such as toy making and delivery. Also to make sure that all the kids get their gifts on time, sometimes deliveries are early. BUT he still has enough magic left that if our son is bad, those gifts can disappear...
At this point, our son has narrowed Santa down to either Warren Buffet, or some other old geizer with a lot of doh and the capability of growing a white beard. We have not disagreed with him as of yet.

Ahh... he also figured out that the tooth fairy also outsources... but that is another conversation.

My parents did not lie to me about such fables, they were straight up.

I don't think it is a healthy to tell lies to children.

IMHO it simply holds back their itellectual potential and the appreciaton of what their parents provide.

Spoiling children is also not healthy, this also does not help their appreciation of what is provided for them.

Bwaahahaahahahaha

We are supposed to take advice on morals from the walmart bandit?:D:D:D:D

My parents taught me that it was wrong to steal.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun