d_squared431

What is your New years resolution?

Hmmm..., maybe get serious about thinking about possibly considering whether or not to take some time to think about possibly taking some time and maybe consider washing my Harley sometime in the near or distant future providing that I have the time to undertake such an endeavor.

Maybe, I should not obligate myself by locking myself into a verbal contract with myself with no recourse of action, providing that I do not live up to my end of the bargain by agreeing to a New Year resolution of such a magnitude. Maybe, I'll just give myself a maybe and leave it at that. Or, maybe it will just rain and I could push the bike out into the down-pour. I'll have to think about it.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

damn mcswervey i missed it your to quick with the edit button!! id love to know what it was!

I went off on some horrible opinions I have about the overweight people at my gym. My brain had absolutely no filter. Sorry. Yes, I still think it but it was something I should've kept to myself.
Always be kinder than you feel.

Be careful of the joints Dave, they never fully recuperate if you injure them under a high strain.

People say otherwise, I speak from some level of experience.

I need to work out and lose 25lbs, I would be happy to bench 275 in reps without it being painful.

The strength has not diminished greatly, but the joint pain has increased.

Be careful of the joints Dave, they never fully recuperate if you injure them under a high strain.

People say otherwise, I speak from some level of experience.

I need to work out and lose 25lbs, I would be happy to bench 275 in reps without it being painful.

The strength has not diminished greatly, but the joint pain has increased.

Yeah, I dig it and understand. I'm a stickler for form and I try to be careful.

I'm stuck at 365 on the bench, 405 on DL and Squat right now.

If I get to my goals, that would be great, if I don't, then I'm sure I'll get better/stronger/more fit along the way.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I went off on some horrible opinions I have about the overweight people at my gym. My brain had absolutely no filter. Sorry. Yes, I still think it but it was something I should've kept to myself.

You friend me and look what happens! What next you are going to start buying dance and trance music? :P

Every year I had one, read one book per month....which never works.

This year?
1) Smile more. I really need to do that.

2) Downsize from a 260 to a 210 ( I weigh 180) :)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

1 - Florida motorcycle license (Vulcan 900 Custom SE)

NICE! Vulcans are a heck of a fun ride! Enjoy! Just don't forget to wear protective gear.
Sweat is temporary skin loss is for life.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

damn mcswervey i missed it your to quick with the edit button!! id love to know what it was!

You know, overweight people are fucked either way. Don't go to the gym and everyone gets all judgy and says "get some fucking exercise, fatty." Go to the gym and everyone says "don't make me look at you exercising, fatty."

So glad I didn't let the assholes get me down when I started going to the gym at 350 lbs several years ago to regain my life. Maybe because I started in March I was allowed to work out while fat.

Glad I continue to work out regularly even though some people out on the running path or at my boot camp class might not consider me acceptably skinny. I consider my health more important than anyone's opinion of how I look working out. :)
All that said, I keep my New Year's resolutions small and measurable. One year I wanted to spend less money at the coffee shop so I resolved to make my own coffee at least 4 of 5 weekday mornings. A couple years ago I resolved to floss every day. Both of those stuck because they were small changes I could count.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

There is a significant difference between people showing up to the gym full of drive to get healthy. They're not the ones lounging on a bench, hogging a machine and not breaking a sweat.

The slugs are the ones that are annoying. Those and people who don't rerack the weight. PUT THE DAMNED WEIGHT BACK!

There is a significant difference between people showing up to the gym full of drive to get healthy. They're not the ones lounging on a bench, hogging a machine and not breaking a sweat.

The slugs are the ones that are annoying. Those and people who don't rerack the weight. PUT THE DAMNED WEIGHT BACK!

Yep, but I've found that annoying people at the gym come in all shapes, sizes, and fitness levels. I was at a hotel gym a few months ago where a guy who by all appearances seemed to be very fit and in great shape, and he sat there reading the Wall Street Journal for five minutes at a time, interrupted by about 20 seconds of working out ... repeated for the whole time I was in there (about 30 minutes). I wondered why he didn't take advantage of the nice lounge chairs in the lobby instead.

I get the frustration with the resolution crowd - I get annoyed at the crowds, too, though knowing that it'll be back down to normal levels in a month makes it easier to deal with.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yeah but gyms depend on those resolution folks to keep them in the black for the rest of the year. Every year for the past 4 years I would say January the Yoga studio is full of these people show up with their designer mats and yoga pants and signing up for 20 odd classes only to evaporate two weeks later.
It's a shame, some are very nice people.
Such is life.

Yeah but gyms depend on those resolution folks to keep them in the black for the rest of the year.

This is true. There's definitely a lot of people who don't come close to getting their money's worth out of their memberships.

Of course, it's one of the many reasons I haven't belonged to a true gym in a while. Instead, I work out outside on my own, or workout with my trainer who is at a private studio. Right before I hurt my knee I had moved from 1:1 sessions with my trainer into his boot camp classes, but for now I'm back at 1:1s because I need to modify workouts for a little while longer while I finish up rehab.

I like my trainer's approach. Personal training sessions are per session. No contracts, you're not locked in, and as long as you don't cancel a session last minute, you won't be out any money if you stop working out. With his classes, he charges a month at a time, again with no long-term commitment. He figures if he and his staff don't make it something you want to do, then they're not doing their job. It's not about milking you for a ton of money for something you don't use ... it's about actually getting you in great shape.

Well I look at those one month wonders as tandems.
Yeah they sometimes get in the way, but they are a fresh face and they make things cheaper for the rest of us. :)

Yeah but gyms depend on those resolution folks to keep them in the black for the rest of the year.

This is true. There's definitely a lot of people who don't come close to getting their money's worth out of their memberships.

Then there's guys like me who have convinced my gym to buy heavier dumbbells (finally up to 150lbs) and 10 more 45lbs plates. After being a member for 18 months I figure that I've been about a $1000 loss for the gym. They needed that equipment anyways, you can't only have dumbbells up to 100 and even though its a smaller gym, only 10 45lbs plates only lets two people have a leg day at a time.

At least the people at the gym are nice. Golds has more equipment, but is full of douche bags and trainers on gear. I think its BS for a personal trainer to be juiced up, but I have some strong personal beliefs about drug use.

Not a New Year's thing...but I promised myself that I would compete in a bodybuilding competiton this year. I've had it as a goal for about twenty years now. About time.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I have several,

Floss every day. If I had only flossed, I wouldn't have had that stupid post C-130 jumping dental emergency that I had earlier this year. Oh, well, never too late to learn by pain. :D

Recruiting more bigway formation skydivers.

Be more generous. Help other people, teach if I have a skill that other people need. I need to make this a little less general, but this is for skydiving and life, and the BIG one for this year. I'll put it in proper wording and write it down for myself.

Get a demo licence and do a demo, a REAL one.

No, I will not quit tobacco or lose weight. Can't be bothered.

New year's resolutions are great: They have actually helped me achieve goals in the past and as a result I was happier.

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

"...googling exercise routines while eating ice cream..."
Yes, that was wrong. Any distraction while eating ice cream is wrong. Get those hands off the keyboard and pick up the spoon.

Several years ago, I resolved not to make any more New Year's resolutions. I've kept that one. Oh, and I gave up religion for Lent.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Somewhere about eight years ago, I resolved to no longer make new year's resolutions. Only one I ever kept. ;)

Ooooohhhh. I like that.

For me:

Less procrastination, but I probably won't get to that until later.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Not a New Year's thing...but I promised myself that I would compete in a bodybuilding competiton this year. I've had it as a goal for about twenty years now. About time.

I think you should post some photos for the female.commers to vote on and let you know it you should compete or not. ;) I am sure we would give you some positive feed back......:)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Somewhere about eight years ago, I resolved to no longer make new year's resolutions. Only one I ever kept. ;)

Ooooohhhh. I like that.

For me:

Less procrastination, but I probably won't get to that until later.

I just figure that if I need to make a change, there's no point in waiting until New Year's to do it, and there's no point in using New Year's as an excuse to make a change that I wouldn't otherwise, since it won't stick.