shah269

So should I expect to get something?

But well, my friends are right. What did serial monogamy get me? LOTS OF RISK! And well I'm 34, I really don't want to be single till I'm 43 and well...

Ahem....

Single.

You got a problem with that?

>:(

B|
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Reminds me of the guy I talked to in the Valentines' Day card aisle in CVS yesterday. He looks at me and says "This is going to be tough - I have to pick out 5 or 6 of these!" I just laughed and said "You've got that many girlfriends going? Damn!" (He said it was for all the women in his life - wife, daughters, sisters....)

I'd say that unless you have a date with any of these women on Valentines' Day, you shouldn't get anything (and if you do have a date, Wendy's suggestion of something not-too-big is a good one). Assuming you've been up front with all of them that this is a non-exclusive relationship (you HAVE been up front, right?) there should be no expectations of a gift.

Of course, Valentine's Day for me is a chance to exchange cheap, goofy gag gifts and/or silly cards with my SO and there's never an expectation of a big deal being made. So maybe I'm not the best one to ask. :P

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'm with Wendy and Kris on this one. Unless you have plans already, don't worry about it. However, just be prepared to face some perhaps unintended consequences. The one's you've gone out with only a couple of times -- don't worry. However, the two you've spent the most time with may decide that you're not worth hanging around for if you blow off V-Day all together. I'm not advocating either course of action -- just making sure you see it from all sides! Good luck.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I love exchanging goofy gifts!! They're usually more fun than "serious" ones :)

The best one was two years ago when my SO got me a huge mylar balloon in the shape of a monkey holding a valentine heart. We had it in the living room and my cat immediately started playing with the ribbon hanging off of it. And the ribbon got stuck on him somehow. So the cat goes tearing down the hall to the other end of the apartment. Tearing back down the hall. Does this two or three times till the ribbon finally unhooks itself and the balloon stops "chasing" him. He then disappears under the bed, completely terrified.

I went and got him a few minutes later but as soon as he came back in the living room and saw his attacker, he'd go running back under the bed. I put the balloon in a closet, and brought it back out a couple days later just to see. Still terrorized. Poor thing will probably never be able to deal with a balloon in the house again.

But damn did the humans have a lot of laughs. :D:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think I'm just going to wing it.
But I'll be ready if things get "fun"
or dangerous....who knows?
I think one is not going to work out....cute girl, very smart, great personality but sadly...i see it as a no go....thus..."Hedge your bets Shah" [:/]

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I'm with Wendy and Kris on this one. Unless you have plans already, don't worry about it. However, just be prepared to face some perhaps unintended consequences. The one's you've gone out with only a couple of times -- don't worry. However, the two you've spent the most time with may decide that you're not worth hanging around for if you blow off V-Day all together. I'm not advocating either course of action -- just making sure you see it from all sides! Good luck.

Awwe man . . . I already got you a box too!>:(

Fine - it is turtle green too.[:/]

:P:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Just hedging my bets, just hedging my bets.....and you know what...the odds are never 100%.
I can hedge and organize and think all I want and it can all go up in smoke in 4 days.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Just hedging my bets, just hedging my bets.....and you know what...the odds are never 100%.
I can hedge and organize and think all I want and it can all go up in smoke in 4 days.

take some well earned expierience as advice . . .

DO NOT OVER BOOK!:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Diversify your options to reduce your overall risk.

Like girls don't do that?
:P

Hedge my bets? Never. I will date a guy if I think he's pretty great and it's hard enough to find one of those!! :P Why fuck it up by dating more than one person? Why date someone if there's no hope for long-term happiness with that person?

I'd just rather be single than with someone mediocre (or worse - several mediocre people!!!!)

You do realize that a lot of men probably consider you mediocre?

Where does this entitlement attitude arise in women nowadays that, just because they have a vag, they can demand any crazy shit they can come up with from men?
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

>Just hedging my bets, just hedging my bets.....and you know what...the
>odds are never 100%.

True. And they decrease by 2^n, where n is the number of women you are seeing. Seeing one woman and it seems to be working out? Odds might be 50%. Two women? Odds of it working out with either one of them drop to around 12%. Three? 6%. Five? You're down to 1.5%.

This is due to the power law of relationships. Having two girlfriends is exponentially more difficult than having one, because then not only do you have to manage your relationship with them (and theirs with you) but now you have to manage the relationship they have with each other. (And trying to prevent them from ever finding out simply increases the fireworks when they do.)

Hedge my bets? Never. I will date a guy if I think he's pretty great and it's hard enough to find one of those!! :P Why fuck it up by dating more than one person? Why date someone if there's no hope for long-term happiness with that person?

I'd just rather be single than with someone mediocre (or worse - several mediocre people!!!!)

Where does this entitlement attitude arise in women nowadays that, just because they have a vag, they can demand any crazy shit they can come up with from men?

Although I can't speak directly for Nataly, I fail to see how not wanting to date mediocre equates to entitlement. Although I don't share her views on dating as described above, I realize that this is common among a lot of women. And I doubt that most women "demand crazy shit cause they have a vag".

Five?

I really don't want to hear you bitch about not finding a girl who makes you happy if you are splitting your attention among 5 different women. How can you keep them straight?
How can you get to really know any of them?

+1
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Although I can't speak directly for Nataly, I fail to see how not wanting to date mediocre equates to entitlement. Although I don't share her views on dating as described above, I realize that this is common among a lot of women. And I doubt that most women "demand crazy shit cause they have a vag".

Ever heard the phrase '50% of the people are below average intelligence'?

The point is that if you're mediocre yourself, like most people are, then its fairly odd to think that you deserve someone non-mediocre to be with.

To further clarify my point, most women don't bring anything to table, beyond having a pulse and and a vag, yet they demand things that most men can't simply deliver.

Ever heard the phrase '50% of the people are below average intelligence'?

The point is that if you're mediocre yourself, like most people are, then its fairly odd to think that you deserve someone non-mediocre to be with.

To further clarify my point, most women don't bring anything to table, beyond having a pulse and and a vag, yet they demand things that most men can't simply deliver.

Oh good lord, seriously?!? With your last comment, I'm guessing you are single! I would think that even the worst of women have at least something to bring to the table. If you really believe that most women have nothing to offer other than sex, then I think you are beyond help! I would venture to bet that most of your previous gf's had at least some positive attributes other than a vag, but you failed to recognize them. I'm only assuming given your negative attitude towards women.

You raise a good point about mediocrity, however I would argue that what one may find mediocre, another may find pretty spectacular.

Um... I want a guy who is great for me. That's not an "entitlement attitude" - it's just plain common sense! By "mediocre" I simply mean "not a great match". Sheesh! This has nothing to do with a bad attitude or owning a "vag"!! :| It's not crazy to want someone who is compatible with me, nor is it crazy to want to be in a relationship that has the potential to last a long time.

Are you perhaps a little bit bitter over something?? Who are these women you speak of?? Most women I know just want to be happy!!

ETA - "Most women bring nothing to the table"??? Everyone has something to offer... Holy crap - this is a bad (and wrong!) attitude you've got there... Seriously, if you really feel this way you may be attracting the wrong kind of women or else maybe you treat them so badly they end up all being "horrible"... Hmmm...

EFTA - and no, 50% of people are NOT below "average intelligence". Intelligence is a bell-curve - *most* people fall within the average.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

EFTA - and no, 50% of people are NOT below "average intelligence". Intelligence is a bell-curve - *most* people fall within the average.

Actually, 50% of people are below the MEDIAN intelligence. B|
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

But well, my friends are right. What did serial monogamy get me? LOTS OF RISK! And well I'm 34, I really don't want to be single till I'm 43 and well...

Ahem....

Single.

You got a problem with that?

>:(

B|

Well Dave- I don't know what happened(ome back to the group!)....but my offer still stands to mess that girl up if need be. :P
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

Um... I want a guy who is great for me. That's not an "entitlement attitude" - it's just plain common sense! By "mediocre" I simply mean "not a great match". Sheesh! This has nothing to do with a bad attitude or owning a "vag"!! :| It's not crazy to want someone who is compatible with me, nor is it crazy to want to be in a relationship that has the potential to last a long time.

Are you perhaps a little bit bitter over something?? Who are these women you speak of?? Most women I know just want to be happy!!

ETA - "Most women bring nothing to the table"??? Everyone has something to offer... Holy crap - this is a bad (and wrong!) attitude you've got there... Seriously, if you really feel this way you may be attracting the wrong kind of women or else maybe you treat them so badly they end up all being "horrible"... Hmmm...

If you meant that then why didn't you say so?

The dictionary definition for the word mediocre is:

me·di·o·cre   
[mee-dee-oh-ker] Show IPA
–adjective
of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate.
rather poor or inferior.

You know you can't just redefine the meaning of words based on your feelings?

And why would I be bitter if I have nothing to be bitter about?