normiss

UARS coming down!

You already have one ready for next year??;)

You don't?

Nope, I was just going to crash in yours for a while.

I like the betting pool idea, other than the fact there will be more than one piece hitting. Do you go with point of first impact or wherever the largest piece hits?

Elvisio "Is this covered by my homeowner's insurance?" Rodriguez

Even so, we may still get to see it. I saw a Russian rocket upper stage re-enter about 22 years ago. It was incredible.

Vskydiver and I watched one of those from our back porch. Very impressive. It was up in Northern Canada, but I would have sworn it was right over the Space Needle in Seattle. B|

Just an important safety reminder - According to an AP article in today's paper, NASA advises that if you happen to find a piece of the satellite DO NOT PICK IT UP!! "The space agency says there are no toxic chemicals present, but there could be sharp edges." We don't need anyone getting unnecessarily cut out there!

Yeh but only a 1 in a million chance it will hit some asshole. Funny how that works.

That can't be right. It's proven fact that there are 2 assholes per 7 people in the population.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Yeh but only a 1 in a million chance it will hit some asshole. Funny how that works.

That can't be right. It's proven fact that there are 2 assholes per 7 people in the population.

Don

I think that number may be a little low. That's my opinion, anyway.

Even so, we may still get to see it. I saw a Russian rocket upper stage re-enter about 22 years ago. It was incredible.

Vskydiver and I watched one of those from our back porch. Very impressive. It was up in Northern Canada, but I would have sworn it was right over the Space Needle in Seattle. B|

I know what you mean. There were lots of people being interviewed by the news the next day saying stuff like "it came across the lake and then it went down back behind my neighbor's chicken house. We took off looking for it, but never did find it."

I think it actually struck the ground over a thousand miles away.