Nataly

Do you regret??

People will rarely admit to regrets in public since it's an admission of a mistake in judgement.

Find somebody who has lived a long enough life, loosen them up over a few drinks and if they trust you enough to tell you, you'll usually find out they do have a regret or two.

i think less so for people who are happy in their own skin.

Regrets get you nowhere, and are just manifestations of self pity.

All my bad choices helped shape me into the person i am today, and I'm fine with that person.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

People will rarely admit to regrets in public since it's an admission of a mistake in judgement.

Meh... We all make mistakes and occasionally exercise poor judgement... Not sure why some people don't accept this is a normal part of life.

Which is fine for a person to realize for themselves, but are frequently unable to count on the same realization from others, which is why most people won't admit their mistakes or regrets.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Meh... We all make mistakes and occasionally exercise poor judgement... Not sure why some people don't accept this is a normal part of life.

Which is fine for a person to realize for themselves, but are frequently unable to count on the same realization from others, which is why most people won't admit their mistakes or regrets.

you really should to resist judging people by your own poor standard. Everyone makes mistakes not everyone regets
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

And then there is the "I regret it, but I don't think I would change it". There are many things that I wish I had done differently, but if I could erase them, I wouldn't be the same person I am.

I like who I am! I wouldn't be who I am if I had made different decisions. I regret hurting others, that is all. Even that was never done intentionally. [:/]
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

And then there is the "I regret it, but I don't think I would change it". There are many things that I wish I had done differently, but if I could erase them, I wouldn't be the same person I am.

I like who I am! I wouldn't be who I am if I had made different decisions. I regret hurting others, that is all. Even that was never done intentionally. [:/]

This x 100.

Regrets get you nowhere, and are just manifestations of self pity.

Regret can prevent you from making the same mistake twice. And while regret can be a manifestation of self pity, it isn't always that. If I regret something it's most often a manifestation of guilt, preferably if that what I regret can't be fixed.

I think your remark is true for some cases, but certainly not all. Regret isn't a sign there's something wrong with you, just like the lack of regret isn't always a sigh you're unable to learn from your mistakes or that you lack conscience.

As for myself: I don't have a lot of regrets, but I've some regrets. As far as I'm concerned I should regret those things. This doesn't mean that I let those regrets take over my life, but they hurt like they should.

That's exactly what I meant. I don't see why people have this pressure not to admit to having made mistakes. I don't see why they shouldn't admit it to themselves and I don't see why they shouldn't admit it to others and I don't see why others wouldn't get that making mistakes is normal. The whole song and dance seems a little ridiculous to me.

I get into trouble all the time for saying stuff I theoretically should keep to myself but I just can't stand bullshit. At least people can trust that when I say something I mean it - even if it's not PC.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

you really should to resist judging people by your own poor standard. Everyone makes mistakes not everyone regrets

I had a football coach in college who 'ingrained' something in my head that I always hear him screaming if I ever catch myself dwelling on the past.

"Looking back wastes time~Looking back keeps ya from seein' where you're going~Looking back is for losers!"

It was directed at the running backs and we'd hear it all the time reviewing game films, I just liked it and applied it a different way...once you really get behind that idea and live it, you go UP two steps on the happiness ladder! B|

Everyone makes mistakes, if ya turn it and learn from it, that's a positive...so no regrets!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Yes i have made mistakes in my life do i regret them no and why ?,there are a number of reasons for this.

Perhaps it basically goes back to the way My parents raised me ?. Stand on your own to feet and roll with it. Get on with life its too damn short to cry over spilled milk, that and they helped shaped who i am Christ.

Learn from mistakes is about it, and enjoy life. As you get older you do realize there is more to life than money, I have kids anyway they spend it for me :D:D

Live life how you want to live it, not how other wish you to live :)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

I greatly regret not knowing enough Farsi to truly have told my grandmother how much I loved her and how much she means to me over the phone when she was about to pass away from cancer.

I greatly regret not always telling my mom I love her when I say goodby.

I regret not hugging all my friends after every time I land and can walk away.

At the moment I greatly regret not having spoken with my accountant sooner.

We try to live a life empty of regret, and that's what I like about you skydivers. Your impetuousness is truly admirable quality that perhaps others just don't seem to get.

Maybe I have a rosey view of you guys and gals since no one has screwed me out of a deal, stolen my stuff or laid any drama on me. But as a guy who jumps about every other week or so or as Skygod permits, I have no regrets of being a part of this small community.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Yes i have made mistakes in my life do i regret them no and why ?,there are a number of reasons for this.

Perhaps it basically goes back to the way My parents raised me ?. Stand on your own to feet and roll with it. Get on with life its too damn short to cry over spilled milk, that and they helped shaped who i am Christ.

Learn from mistakes is about it, and enjoy life. As you get older you do realize there is more to life than money, I have kids anyway they spend it for me :D:D

Thank you :)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hi N

I'm even 10 yr's older then Mr twardo so I've had a lot more chances to be happy or sad than you all.

Everyone makes poor decisions and good ones in a lifetime . Looking back at the big picture and the roads I've traveled I don't regret anything.:)
IOW's don't sweat the small stuff, Don't worry be happy and think for yourself.

R.

One Jump Wonder

Yep... If you spend all your time living up to other people's expectations you end-up disappointing yourself.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I'm even 10 yr's older then Mr twardo

Gotta call BS on that . NO ONE is older that father time:P:P:P

Hi S

I can live with that for now;)

Would you believe me of I told you I'm 25 and look like Shah's dream girl :)

R
One Jump Wonder

I'm even 10 yr's older then Mr twardo

Gotta call BS on that . NO ONE is older that father time:P:P:P

Hi S

I can live with that for now;)

Would you believe me of I told you I'm 25 and look like Shah's dream girl :)

R

:D:D:D:D:D

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Actually now that I've thought about it and how a chain of decisions leads to where you are in life, had I not made some decisions I regret, I probably wouldn't be skydiving now.

So I regret them, but I wouldn't change them, I can only use those bad decisions to help make better ones in the future.

So yeah, all those past decisions somehow lead up to me skydiving, so it balanced out. B|

The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

It's amazing to think how seemingly small choices have massively impacted my life... Conversely, some big decisions I lost much sleep over turned out not to be so life-changing after all... Chances are if I wiped out all the mistakes I've made, I merely would have made *different* mistakes... Some of little consequence and some not. I would possibly be living a totally different life - maybe better and maybe worse but it's imposible to tell which. I would have developped according to a different set of circumstances and would likely still stand by my choices since I would have nothing to compare them with.

All in all, I think if you dwell too much on the "what if's" it becomes counter-productive... Because the different decision(s) would not have led you to the path you imagine, it would simply have brought you somewhere else.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss