JohnRich

If you found a bank bag full of money, would you return it to the bank?

You can't steal from a thief. Sons of Bitches already stole it from us.

Whose money do you think is in those bank bags? It's probably a bunch of pick-ups from small mom and pop businesses that deal partially in cash.

And how exactly did the banks steal from you in the first place? They offer a service. They charge a fee for that service. If you don't want that service (ATMs, checking, savings, electronic fund transfers, etc.) store your frickin' money in your basement. If one charges you too much, go to another one.

It's those types of skewed justifications to take from others that really make me shake my head sometimes.

Skewed justifications? Hey Muffie... Bite Me >:(. Those MFRs played willy_nilly w/our monies. Crashed the economy, & were then given another $700 BILLION in TARP funds (AKA: more of our money). If you don't recognize the theft? You're beyond help.

Yes, skewed. Like saying that TARP gave away $700 billion when last time I checked it disbursed only $432 billion and is expected to cost $19 billion when all is said and done because that money was given in exchange for ownership interests or assets that mean most of it gets paid back. And in return it arguably stopped a chain reaction liquidity crisis that could have made the financial crisis much worse. And that would have hurt everyone in the country.

But, hey, if it makes you feel good with yourself to take something that isn't yours based upon those kind of arguments, then actual facts certainly aren't going to do anything to change your mind.

Sorry to all if this ends up finding its way to SC...

Now, you accept the amounts admitted to by the thieves?
Here's your $700 Billion: http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/national/200904_CREDITCRISIS/recipients.html

Like I said. If you don't recognize the theft? You're beyond help. TARP only headed off worse damage that would've been caused by their initial stealing. Get a bunch of those POSs in a board room, & let 'em play w/the numbers. You really think all that money will be repaid??? If you truly believe their BS & lies. You're either clueless, or work in the banking sector.

Apologies to the OP. I'll drop the argument to prevent this being moved to SC.

WTF .. you trying to associate criminal activity with a legitimate motoring process?... wow... just wow. :|

So your a thief then huh? wow...just wow:|

I'm pretty sure that was a reply to a different thread (Nataly's about lane splitting on a bike) Somehow posted in this.
:o:D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Loose money is mine unless I see who dropped it. Then, it's theirs.

A wallet with no id, and only cash(which I can't see happening) is mine. If their is a way to return it, it's theirs.

A bag of money with an obvious company/bank name is theirs.

An unmarked bag...I would wait for the news to report who lost it and return it.

Why? Because, I don't trust the cops to do the right thing.

If there is ANY chance that the money can be returned, it will be returned, if I find it.

It's just not worth the guilt...even if its millions.

(Edit for typos)
My photos

My Videos

WTF .. you trying to associate criminal activity with a legitimate motoring process?... wow... just wow. :|

So your a thief then huh? wow...just wow:|

?? try to keep up:P

p.s You're:P:P ... and no as I said well above I'm shocked how many in here are - now 42% :(:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

The only money I've found has been in the $1 to $5 range; for those, I'll look around to see if there's a 5-year-old crying about their lost allowance, or a hungry-looking person going through their pockets. Otherwise, it's mine.

I've found a wallet with just driver's license and a couple of courtesy cards, and returned it; I got the Thank you that I hoped for.

If I were to find major money in a bank bag, or a store bag, etc., then yes, I'd return it. Most banks don't steal, and most people in banks that steal, don't steal.

Would I hope for a reward? Of course. But it's not mandatory.

If I were hungry, or long-term unemployed (which at my age would mean I'm in big trouble), I don't know if my answer would change. I'm not in that position, so I can't really know.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Found Bank money - keep it.
Found a persons money - return it if possible.

That's what I was thinking

Bank money are FDIC insured isn't it? ;)

I have noticed people dropping cash on the floor at the supermarket and picked it up and given it back to them. The largest denomination I found but didn't see who dropped it, was a $20. I kept it. There wasn't anybody in the check-out lane and it was sitting on the floor off to the side just barely under the candy display.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Loose money is mine unless I see who dropped it. Then, it's theirs.

A wallet with no id, and only cash(which I can't see happening) is mine. If their is a way to return it, it's theirs.

A bag of money with an obvious company/bank name is theirs.

An unmarked bag...I would wait for the news to report who lost it and return it.

Why? Because, I don't trust the cops to do the right thing.

This, except for the cop comment. I know plenty of trustworthy cops - probably a bigger percentage than skydivers or any other field in the same scenario. Though I wouldn't trust ANY organization of people - even one with a small percentage of creeps usually involves at least one creep will have access to the funds even if all the rest involved are trustworthy.

So I'd just do it myself because I trust individuals, and I'm capable of being that individual to do the right thing - I don't need their help.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Found Bank money - keep it.
Found a persons money - return it if possible.

That's what I was thinking

So then they are just stealing from all of us, instead of a Bank?

Stealing is stealing - but it's interesting to hear people rationalizing theft by pretending they are doing it out of some made up social conscience or karmic excuse......or at least under some kind of anonymity guise as an excuse if not that.

I like Wendy - she's honest about it with the last caviat - pretty much, if in dire straights, then I'd be seriously tempted and can't really answer now. I get that....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It occurs to me that the type of bank bag may shape the opinions. I was thinking of a bank bag that belongs to a bank, like the big ones they give to the armored car drivers. NOT the small kind of bank bag that private businesses put their money in to make their bank deposits. So the money I was thinking of for the poll was money that belonged to the bank, not a private individual.

And I think more people would be willing to keep a bank's money, than that belonging to a private individual.

The poll results seem to reflect that, compared to the active opinions of posters. Of course, few people are going to be willing to admit onlinethat they'd keep the money, but they'll vote that way in an anonymous poll.

If you found a bank bag full of money on the side of the road, would you return it to the bank?

I would rather donate the money to something proven good than returning it to someone proven bad.

Can't remember who wrote it:
"What's robbing a bank comparing to founding one?"
What goes around, comes later.

without even glancing inside of it.

Ha! Obviously you don't want to get red dye all over your hands.

I would think that they only put red dye packs in stashes on the side for bank robbers who come in and demand cash. Am I right?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Is cash being transported like that tracked by serial number in some way, or have I just watched too much TV?

I'd return it anyway, but if it is tracked, wouldn't you be found out eventually?
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Is cash being transported like that tracked by serial number in some way, or have I just watched too much TV?

I'd return it anyway, but if it is tracked, wouldn't you be found out eventually?

Nope. Just run it through your washing machine.