Snowwhite

Richard Head dies

That submitter was form Napoleon Skydiving Center MI, What pissed them off was that the guy sent stuff in that way for 3 years. I used my team name at Freakport Quincy and Rantual . I was a load organizer and when it was announced it was funny to us. Our name was Papa Dupa and the flying Dupas. in reference to the Flying Wallendas Tight rope act. Having a Polish city inside Detroit city made easy axcess to their words.Dupas was what they call AssHoles. My absolute favorite was "Cunning Stunts"

No, this really was Richard Head Sr. http://qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=576450
local guy with a bad name, who shared it with his kid, Dick Head, Jr.

One of the early pioneer familys in Houston was the Hogg's. They named their daughter "Ima". That's right, Ima Hogg. I've never figured out why they would do that to their daughter. But she grew up to become quite wealthy, respected and charitable.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ima_Hogg

Hi John,

That's right, Ima Hogg.

And I believe that she had a twin sister named Ina or something I cannot remember.

Heard the story of Ima back in the 70's.

JerryBaumchen

It was rumored that she had a sister 'Ura'. In fact, she only had brothers.

Chuck

Hi John,

Parents should pause a bit before they give these names.

+1

I understand that in Germany, the state will decide if you name your kid whatever.

Abedy, you out there?

JerryBaumchen

PS) As a legally 'Gerald' ( which I really, really hate ), I am opposed to even a name that can become a nick-name. My two kids are Erin & Drew, simple. :)

:S:S Parents should pause a bit before they give these names. :P

So true. My mom went to school with Theodore E. Bear. I once had a neighbor named Patricia A Dick. Mr.oldwoman wanted to name our son Christopher. I kiboshed that because I could already see the kids renaming him Merry Chris Smith ;)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

There is alway Jack Mehoff. We went on bike rides across Iowa, and someone ( I wonder who?) would always slip the campground announcer this one,. The clueless announcer would ditifully announce 'There is a message for' "Jack Mehoff" or "Doctor Hugh G. Rection" and few others until someone finally clued him in. There were dozens more. I'll have to think what they were. There were a lot that started with "Shirly....." I'm sure "Richard Cranium" was in there somewhere.

Ok, not a skydiver as far as I know, but noteable anyway. His name is Richard Head, Sr. Apparently, he is survived by Jr. Dick Head.
Yup, in our newspaper this morning. I'm thinking I would change my name!

There was a cop around here back in the mid-80's named Richard Head. Really. I got a ticket from him.

And Ft Wayne Indiana had a very popular mayor named Harry Baals. They considered naming a building after him, but decided not to.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hi joe,

Here in Portland, OR we had a local auto racer & auto repair shop owner named Harry Dick (RIP).

They were called the Harry Dick Racing Team; and were well known in this part of the world.

:P

JerryBaumchen

Well, Dick Trickle ran top tier NASCAR (Winston Cup at the time) for a couple years. He was running around the upper midwest for a long time, and one of the announcers on ESPN heard about him and started reporting on his finishes on a fairly regular basis, mainly to make fun of his name.

That publicity, not his actual racing skills (which were good, but not top tier) got him the Cup sponsorships.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Trickle
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Three Chinese brothers, named Bu, Chu and Fu, decided that to make their life better they could no longer live in China, so they decide to move to America, land of the free, home of the brave, etc etc.....

So they all moved to the US to live.....

After a while they decided that their Chinese names were no good, and needed to be changed, seeing they were not Chinese any more, they were Americans. As Americans, they needed American names. So they thought about it, for a while, and came up with new names for themselves.....

So.........

Bu changed his name to Buck......

Chu changed his name to Chuck.....

And Fu.......

Went back to China......
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....