amstalder

Well, looks like I'll be hanging up my rig for a little longer than expected...

I you wanted a baby or two, congrats to that.

In a related, but emotionally disconnected point, if you really are hanging up a rig for the duration, if you have a Cypres in there, pull it and sell it today. It's just losing money every day based on the life limit and MX requirements and since you know you won't be using it, sell it off to a jumper who will actually jump it. You'll get the most money out of it, and some jumper will have an AAD to jump.

I have seen countless Cypres wither away and die in storage due to jumpers who are 'sure' they're going to jump 'next year' and never do, or jumpers that just disappear and leave their rig in the loft for a year or three. There is a huge market for mid-time Cypres, take advantage of it if you have one.

Along those same lines, if it doesn't look like your going to jump in the next two to three years, sell the rig off too. How many rigs out there have lost 80% of their value sitting in a closet for years? You always see those rigs in the classifieds where it's a 1993 Javalin with a Sabre (1) and reserve, and it's been in the closet for 10 years. It might have been a 'marketable' used rig 10 years ago, but by now the old-sghool Jav and last generation Sabre are worth a fraction of their previous value. Just be realisitc, and sell the stuff if you're not going to use it anytime in the foreseeable future. If it's going to be 5+ years before you jump again, just think that what's 'new' today will be a reasonably priced used rig by the time you get back to the sky.

Let's face it, with any number of kids on the way, you're going to want the money and closet space more than you're going to want to look at the rig you don't jump anymore.

Now jumpsuits, that's another story. Hang on to those for sure, even if you're never going to jump again.

Congrats!
:)And let me be the fist to say that "Shahram" is a very hot and sexy name for any child! ;)

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I you wanted a baby or two, congrats to that.

In a related, but emotionally disconnected point, if you really are hanging up a rig for the duration, if you have a Cypres in there, pull it and sell it today. It's just losing money every day based on the life limit and MX requirements and since you know you won't be using it, sell it off to a jumper who will actually jump it. You'll get the most money out of it, and some jumper will have an AAD to jump.

I have seen countless Cypres wither away and die in storage due to jumpers who are 'sure' they're going to jump 'next year' and never do, or jumpers that just disappear and leave their rig in the loft for a year or three. There is a huge market for mid-time Cypres, take advantage of it if you have one.

Along those same lines, if it doesn't look like your going to jump in the next two to three years, sell the rig off too. How many rigs out there have lost 80% of their value sitting in a closet for years? You always see those rigs in the classifieds where it's a 1993 Javalin with a Sabre (1) and reserve, and it's been in the closet for 10 years. It might have been a 'marketable' used rig 10 years ago, but by now the old-sghool Jav and last generation Sabre are worth a fraction of their previous value. Just be realisitc, and sell the stuff if you're not going to use it anytime in the foreseeable future. If it's going to be 5+ years before you jump again, just think that what's 'new' today will be a reasonably priced used rig by the time you get back to the sky.

Let's face it, with any number of kids on the way, you're going to want the money and closet space more than you're going to want to look at the rig you don't jump anymore.

Now jumpsuits, that's another story. Hang on to those for sure, even if you're never going to jump again.

Thanks for the well-wishes.

I sold the AAD last year when we moved out to Korea, since it will expire before we move home (now that I think about it, need to ask hubby if he wants to sell his).

The rig will be harder to part with, but you make a good point. I know I won't be jumping this summer (wouldn't that be a sight, the start of a baby belly and getting current after a year and a half away :S), and likely won't jump for the first year or two. And like you said, who knows how many kids will come and how quickly.

Much as I would love to jump ASAP, I know I won't for awhile. This might of been a different story, if we'd spent the last year in the States, jumping on the weekends.

And, Ski, I'm not having TWINS! At least, I don't think I am. Would love it, if I do, though. Okay, everybody, THINK TWINS!

I'm sorry to hear that. :(
That really sucks.

I want to say more, but everything I think of is either trite, cliched or would probably make you feel worse.

So I'll just say that I'm sorry once more.

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

We lost the baby last night. This is shitty.

I'm very sorry. It happens more frequently than most people think... One couple had 3 miscarriages in a row before finally having a baby. They now have 3 healthy girls.

Doesn't lessen the pain of losing one nevertheless. :(
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

My condolences also. [:/]

If it makes you feel any better, I miscarried my first baby when I was 22. Fifteen months later, my healthy daughter was born. Mourn the loss of your baby, but don't get discouraged that you won't be able to deliver a healthy baby. :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Oh Ashli, I'm so sorry. May your wee one be embraced by the angels with love and light. May they all surround you and your honey during your time of loss! :(

(((HUGS))))

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?