jimmytavino

what percentage of skydivers?????........

..... has at least ONE tattoo ???:|

my Son and i were discussing this last week...
HE HAS 'em..
I don't... ( well except for the shamrock which skymama put on my forearm @ FitzB| )
( now washed away [:/] )

Based on my personal observations....it seems to me that the number would be pretty high... especially If the skydiver is Under the age of say, 30 or 35...

what do you All say???
:)
jmy

I'm just a bit south of that 35 number and I have 3 tattoos (and will get more). You wouldn't know it, though, unless I took my shirt off.

Although visible ink is more accepted in society now then 30 years ago, neck/head/facial tattoos aren't accepted in the professional world and many visible arm tattoos aren't either.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have one, I got it when my beloved grandmother passed away in memory of her.
it was the most zen expereince ever.
i'm not sure i will get another but for me it's more than just to look cool it's a reminder of where i come from and how amazing a woman she was.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

My shamrock left pretty quickly, but that damn Muff Brothers temporary tattoo wouldn't come off. I had to finally use alcohol to remove it! :S

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

No tats yet. I genuinely WANT to get one, but I can't find anything that I am willing to commit to for the rest of my life.

Let's be honest here, and I've said as much to her: I could get rid of my wife easier than I could get rid of a tattoo, nowadays!

Through the 37 years of my life, I've had three or four ideas for tattoos that I ALMOST got, and in every case am now SO GLAD I didn't put that shit on my body. These past experiences are not helping my fear of committment.

I go to the gym, and it seems like everyone has something inked on them. The problem is, with rare exception, they all look BAD. I guess the important thing is that it's good for them, not for me, but still...

Elvisio "stuck at the drawing board" Rodriguez

No tats yet. I genuinely WANT to get one, but I can't find anything that I am willing to commit to for the rest of my life.

Let's be honest here, and I've said as much to her: I could get rid of my wife easier than I could get rid of a tattoo, nowadays!

Through the 37 years of my life, I've had three or four ideas for tattoos that I ALMOST got, and in every case am now SO GLAD I didn't put that shit on my body. These past experiences are not helping my fear of committment.

I go to the gym, and it seems like everyone has something inked on them. The problem is, with rare exception, they all look BAD. I guess the important thing is that it's good for them, not for me, but still...

Elvisio "stuck at the drawing board" Rodriguez

Same here...heck I change my shoes three times a day, I'd go nuts with the same butterfly on my butt picture FOREVER! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Never got one, and never will get one.
But I also noticed most of young folks are tattooed over and over. Boys mainly that "tribal" stuff and girls often have them bum antlers, also called slut stamp. Look here Looks nice... so far, but might one day put you in danger or even grave danger and most definitely won't look nice in 30 years or so...

Nuff bitched ;)

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

20 years old and have one on my left shoulder. Thinking about getting the violin "f's" somewhere equally hide-able later on but nothing else, and sure as hell no tribal bands or barbed wire. Like said above, tatts on the face and arms are not widely accepted in the professional workplace and I intend to be working for the navy in chemistry and later on teaching it in public schools. To your question though, from my experience I'd say a large number of skydivers do. This sport tends to attract the thrill seekers
Find your peace, though the world around you burns

I have a few tattoos plus a few in the planning stages :)

I think young people, in general, tend to be more likely to have tattoos :P

And they will keep cosmetic laser tattoo removal businesses very busy for decades to come as those young ones grow up and find carriers or new lives where the tats become a liability.

Most people use alcohol to GET tattoos.

.... no tats, just a few piercings.:)

this.. I've at least a dozen I've designed for myself (and many more I've drawn out for others to take to a tattoo artist for ideas) but I hang them someplace where I HAVE to see it everyday.. if I get sick of it after a month it goes back into the book....

none have made it, and honestly I'm worried about having that easy(money) an access to endorphins

My shamrock left pretty quickly, but that damn Muff Brothers temporary tattoo wouldn't come off. I had to finally use alcohol to remove it! :S

I had no problems with the muff brothers tattoos I put on... then again, maybe there's something in the pond water that makes 'em come off easier.:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I got 6 tattoos right now, with a lot more planned. As of right now, all can be hidden by a t-shirt. I got them where I got them for that reason. However, I already have some that I wish I'd never gotten... all of them are Corps related. I plan to pay the cost to have them removed. I also plan to have that real estate re-tattoo'd with something a little more to my liking. Money wasted? Some would say yes, but then again, some would say money spent to jump out of an airplane is in the same category. If they don't like it, fuck 'em. I do what I want, and I do it for me, not anyone else. I'm happy. That's all that matters.B|

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Hi G

"Money wasted" or could be lesson learned. [:)
Don't do it unless you know your right. Girlfriends name:S

I just can't bring myself to het a tatttoo. I had a shop teacher when I was a early teen maybe 15 yrs after WWII. He was a vet and had a mass produced blue tat on his arm that he got one one night with his drunk buddies.

One day in class our teacher pointed to the blue blob Tat on his arm, and said.....

"See that, don't do that it's stupid"

Fifty years I still remember what he said.:( IMO Their nice to look at ..... on someone else:ph34r:.

Great ice breaker wtth someone you don't know:ph34r: Nice tat, planning on getting anymore :ph34r:.

R.

I don't think I'll ever get a tattoo, but Normiss did like that Muff Brother's temporary tattoo. I just thought of a new game we can play called, "find the temporary tat". :)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon