Remster

Anyone been to Paris / Nice / the Alps recently

We're going to spend a few days out there in June, and my local knowledge of Paris ain't what it used to be from when I went regularly.

Any good restaurant recommendations?

Also, after a few days in Paris, and then Nice, we're planning a few days in the Alps. Any place you recommend?
Remster

• I love Paris (stay any where in the center and you'll be with easy walking of most sites) ... I discoved this hotel recently (have not been yet but plan to take the Mrs soon). I'd much rather stay in a place like this than an impersonal Corporate hotel.

• I don't know Nice

• Alps - depends what you are after (as always) but we like the Chamonx area (we stay at St Gervais a lot - for walking, climbing and paragliding). BUT Annecy is a great place to visit too - loverly town.

(.)Y(.)
    Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

... we're planning a few days in the Alps.

Beware of strangers.
    You don't want to know what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps.:S
    "There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Thanks.

The hotels in Nice and Paris are on points. Spending 5 nights at the Westin Vendome for $0 is hard to beat! ;)

I'm really looking more for restaurant tips (or links to good foodie blogs).

For the Alps, we just want to hang out, do some hiking, check out the small towns. I was actually looking at the the Chamonix area... Thanks!

Remster

There's a restaurant called Le Berthoud in Ruel Valette near the Parthenon in Paris. Haven't been there for a while but it was one of those places with a linited menu of very fresh, very french organic food. Nice wines too. It's an old fashioned setup, starched tablecloths, waiters in long aprons and so on. Used to go there when we did the Pari Roller rollerblading event.
    Anne

Patrick Mercier is a long time skydiver from the Paris area, although he has recently moved to the South of France. He has vast knowledge of the area, and is a generally great guy. He helped me at the WFFC for several years, he would come over to the US just to volunteer for the summer for us. He was teaching French at the University of Illinois in Champaign, when I first met him. He teaches English in France. He is also a climber and spelunker and chef. He is on FB or on here as French Cloud. Don't see him on this website much anymore, but he is on FB sometimes.
    skydiveTaylorville.org
    [email protected]

We're going to spend a few days out there in June, and my local knowledge of Paris ain't what it used to be from when I went regularly.

Start training now for the dog shit olympics...
    Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Stay away from Roquebrune Cap Martin (I hear they let French-Canadians live there!!)...

Am PM'ing you my details :)

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
    - Chris Hadfield
    « Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
    - my boss

Stay away from Roquebrune Cap Martin (I hear they let French-Canadians live there!!)...

Well, now you have half of BF envious of Remi.:|
    "There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well, when you and your wife come to Nice for a couple of days, I will gladly PM you my details as well!! :P:D
    - Chris Hadfield
    - my boss

Well, when you and your wife come to Nice for a couple of days, I will gladly PM you my details as well!! :P:D

Wife???:S
    Did something happen to me w/o my knowledge?[:/]

Wife???:S
    Did something happen to me w/o my knowledge?[:/]

Nope, but as Remster is coming with Karen, he can be considered "safe"... You, dear sir, could never be trusted on your own :ph34r::ph34r::P
    - Chris Hadfield
    - my boss

Nope, but as Remster is coming with Karen, he can be considered "safe"... You, dear sir, could never be trusted on your own :ph34r::ph34r::P

I gotta be me.:|

[

Remi may be safe, but I'd watch out for Karen. >:(:D
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

[

Remi may be safe, but I'd watch out for Karen. >:(:D

Good point!! :D:D
    - Chris Hadfield
    - my boss