grimmie

Official NHL 2011/2012 thread!

Yes Holtby is. Whether that name is "Dryden" or "Niemi" is for next year.

Very good point! At least now it is more likely that he will have a good shot at a regular job so that we can find out.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

3-1 Kings middle of 2....unless the Blues do something soon they are done. I like LAs chances against either the Preds or Coyotes. They might just get to the Cup finals!

The Flyers looked unstoppable against the Pens and now they look beatable. Devils were a much better team tonight and deserved the win.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

The Kings lost a lot of points in shootouts and one goal games this season. Quick is the best goalie, Brown and Kopitar would be stars if they played on an East team. Doughty is slick on D and Sutter has them very well coached. I truly hope they win the Cup for their LONG time announcer Bob Miller, who is in his 70's now.:)

Sutter has them very well coached.

The Kings have been making it look easy. It looks like they are just rolling through the playoffs. But they aren't. They are making it look easy because they are working so HARD.

15 years and I've got something to really be excited about. But it's also weird being a Kings fan and seeing a taste of success. It's like losing a piece of my identity.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

1-0 Kings early in the first. They are steamrolling the Blues. I think the Kings are off to the Conference finals today from the way this is looking.
--
Murray

The Blues fought. It was a VERY good game and I was chewing some nails. But the Kings won. They are 8-1 against the Nos. 1 and 2 seeds. That's far out.

Note the Kings are only halfway to where they need to be. I'm not used to being in this territory as a Kings fan. I've jusrt always loved the playoffs just being a hockey fan. Now there more invested.

For the record I jumped onto the Kings bandwagon once I found out they would be playing Vancouver in the 1st round (oh and job well done beating those Canuckleheads). So while technically I am a bandwagon Kings fan, at least I have been on the wagon from day #1 of these playoffs and judging by the remaining teams still fighting for Lord Stanley's Cup, there is no need to jump off of the wagon this season. haha

Now can the Kings do something the Blues and yes the Leafs have been unable to do since 1967 (add the Canuckleheads and the Sabres into the mix as well if you want to start counting since 1970).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Now I'm listening to the Flyers game by catching the Flyers' radio feed. I listened to the Canucks' radio feed for a game against the Kings. And I'll tell you, it's really interesting to hear different approaches.

The Kings feed is pretty straightforward. Complientary to both sides, and Daryl Evans points out things he sees on both sides. The Vancouver guys - damn, they were so complimentary of the Kings and gracious it was mind blowing.

Now I'm listeing to Philly, and these guys are Philly all the way. Saying Brodeur was letting his team down, soft goals, etc. And then at the end of the period, angrily talking about how "Philly had a two goal lead they had no business having and blew it."

I'm kinda liking this.

YES! 3-2 Devils with 2 to go in the 2nd.

Giroux just got away with a head shot on Zubrus. If Zubrus doesn't come back I hope Giroux gets suspended if the league reviews the hit. I hate the Flyers.
--
Murray

Giroux just got away with a head shot on Zubrus. If Zubrus doesn't come back I hope Giroux gets suspended if the league reviews the hit. I hate the Flyers.

I think you and I could be great friends.

I agree! Hatred of Philly with the heat of a million suns is always a great start to a friendship. B|

Giroux is [url"http://ca.news.yahoo.com/nhl-suspends-philadelphia-flyers-forward-claude-giroux-one-193454353--nhl.html"]is suspended for Game 5.[/url] I hope his season is done.
--
Murray

I think you and I could be great friends.

I agree! Hatred of Philly with the heat of a million suns is always a great start to a friendship. B|

Giroux is [url"http://ca.news.yahoo.com/nhl-suspends-philadelphia-flyers-forward-claude-giroux-one-193454353--nhl.html"]is suspended for Game 5.[/url] I hope his season is done.

Good. I am all for a physical game but that was just dirty.

I nominate Joel Ward for "worst penalty of the playoffs." The Caps are up 2-1 in the final minute of the game. Caps winger Joel Ward takes a double minor high sticking penalty with 22 second remaining.

Rangers score on power play with 7 seconds left in regulation. D'Oh!

I mentioned it was a "double minor." 1:35 in to overtime (and with a few seconds remaining on the power play) Rangers score the winning goal. D'OH!

I agree completely. Poor Holtby just couldn't get his hand on the puck in time before Richards banged it in to tie. The shot off the Rangers crossbar a few minutes earlier would have been the winner.
--
Murray