grimmie

Official NHL 2011/2012 thread!

This is the good stuff.

The quality of play in the modern game is amazing. Go back 30-40 years and watch a game from that era. The pace of the game in the modern era is just so much faster. Go back 30-40 years and watch a football, baseball, soccer or basketball game and ignoring the poorer image quality of the TV broadcasts, there really is not that much different in these games from years gone by and the modern era. But the difference in the pace of the game in hockey is there right in front of your face and so plain to see.

Don't get me wrong the game was still awesome back then. Thanks to a couple of specialty cable TV channels I get I recently watched the Flyers/Bruins cup clinching game from 1974, watched the cup clinching Habs/Flyers, Habs/Bruins games from 1976 and 1977 as well was watched the cup clinching Islanders/Flyers and Oilers/Islanders games from 1980 and 1984. These were all great games, but the pace of the game in the modern era is just so much faster. Yes this is good stuff.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Didn't Williams have one of the post shots yesterday? Brown seems to have gone quiet? Any chance he is hurt?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Williams had that first post shot.

Brown has been quiet in the scoring department, but he hasn't been "quiet." He's doing a lot of little things. DeBoer has done a good job of working around the Kings' No. 1 line (remember at the beginning he was but the PArise line against them? It just shut down the Parise line).

What I'm seeing is Williams just taking his turn. All the stuff Williams was doing before that helped Brown and Kopi is what's being done now for Williams. Williams does not look at good as he does without Kopitar and Brown doing some stuff.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Williams had that first post shot.

Brown has been quiet in the scoring department, but he hasn't been "quiet." He's doing a lot of little things. DeBoer has done a good job of working around the Kings' No. 1 line (remember at the beginning he was but the PArise line against them? It just shut down the Parise line).

What I'm seeing is Williams just taking his turn. All the stuff Williams was doing before that helped Brown and Kopi is what's being done now for Williams. Williams does not look at good as he does without Kopitar and Brown doing some stuff.

Just remembered Brown made a great move to cut around the defence from left to right in front of Brodeur and Marty pokechecked the puck away and took away a stellar scoring chance. Without Brodeur's great play, he may have poked one home and made some "noise".
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

1-0 Kings, goal by Pancake Penner for the CupB|

Go Kings Go!

That'd be nice, but the Richards-Penner-Carter line had a pretty horrible last couple of games. I suspect DeBoer is going to put Zidlicky and Tallender against them again. I note that Richards has had some decent chances but he's waiting too long to fire a shot away. You've got a wrister, Richards. USE IT!

WHat was that you were saying about Brownie?

ABotu that game misconduct - I thought it was a double minor. One for boarding and one for injury. But not a five-minute and a game misconduct. I think Jersey fans (fuck you, Brandon) have reason to be pissed - especially after the missed call against Stoll on Gionta.

I don't want the game going like this. The whole story of the series will be the Stoll no-call and the Bernier misconduct. Not what the Kings have done this whole post-season.[:/]

He woke up in a big way!

I'm really sad to see this ending in a blowout especially with the missed call and then the major and misconduct. I was hoping for another nailbiter.

Congrats to you and the other Kings fans .... You've been waiting a long time!
--
Murray